No announcement yet.

How Gos my installation of Windows 8...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Everything is installed and the system is optimized. Boot time from pressing the power button to sign in screen is 24 seconds. The normal "off" for Windows 8 is sleep mode, which takes just 2 or 3 seconds to fully waken. Except for the interface I think MS has created a winner. The Classic Start freeware that I mentioned earlier gives me a start button and defaults the OS to the desktop screen v.s. the Metro, so I'm content. For people with Windows 7 systems, my recommendation is that you don't bother to upgrade, Windows 7 is good enough. For those buying new computers, get Windows 8... don't settle for Windows 7. For people with XP, Vista, Me, 98, 95, NT, etc... I recommend you just keep doing with what you have .

One of my daughters got the computer that was replaced. I added an SSD to that one and reinstalled everything. Now I need to wipe our data from her old computer and then take it to the family that'll be receiving it, and then loading all their stuff onto it... then I'll be done
    Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

Comment

I am not going to download it.My next computer that I buy will already have Windows 8 on it.I am just not tech savvy enough to do it.I am afraid I will crash my computer.

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Timbers View Post
        Everything is installed and the system is optimized. Boot time from pressing the power button to sign in screen is 24 seconds. The normal "off" for Windows 8 is sleep mode, which takes just 2 or 3 seconds to fully waken. Except for the interface I think MS has created a winner. The Classic Start freeware that I mentioned earlier gives me a start button and defaults the OS to the desktop screen v.s. the Metro, so I'm content. For people with Windows 7 systems, my recommendation is that you don't bother to upgrade, Windows 7 is good enough. For those buying new computers, get Windows 8... don't settle for Windows 7. For people with XP, Vista, Me, 98, 95, NT, etc... I recommend you just keep doing with what you have .

One of my daughters got the computer that was replaced. I added an SSD to that one and reinstalled everything. Now I need to wipe our data from her old computer and then take it to the family that'll be receiving it, and then loading all their stuff onto it... then I'll be done

Yes, I learned the hard way not to shut computer down completely. It froze up for some reason
        Definitely liking W8.

Comment

Working...
        X