Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CyberPower PC's

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by saved by Grace View Post
    well,AMD makes a good processor too and they are much cheaper and right now they perform very close to Intel's best.however Intel did not always make a good chip,the pentium 4 was a terrible one.they ran hot and consumed a lot of power and a AMD 64 running at half the clock speed would mop the floor with it.on benchmarks yes the I7 is on top and they overclock very well but a overclocked AMD is right there and not trailing too much.i look for AMD to catch and pass Intel again some time soon.and back in the old 32 bit days the AMD Athlon was wiping up the floor with the Pentium 3 and early Pentium4,the old one that required the Rambus memory.if you go to the top 3D Mark or Futuremark top score you can see AMD and Intel trading punches quite well.as far as video cards yes,i lean towards Nvidia but ATI makes a good card also.flakey drivers on ATI is the only thing that bothers me about them.AMD was the first to offer a chip that ran at over 1.0 GHZ.Intel came out with a pentium 3 that ran over the 1.0 GHZ mark but they had problems and had to recall them and there was not a problem with AMD's 1333 Athlon as it ran strong.Tom's Hardware overclocked a K7 Athlon to 1600 MHZ and it mopped the floor with any other chip that challenged it.clock for clock Intel did not offer anything for years that could touch it.Intel's Netburst architecture was a joke.
    The Pentium 4 was not a 'terrible' chip. While they've not always been on the top of the price/performance heap, they were far from terrible.

    That being said, both companies make excellent hardware these days, and it's hard to go wrong with either. Personally I prefer Intel, but recognize that the top of the performance heap goes back and forth between the companies on a regular basis these days. Just because one might squeak a couple percentage points out ahead of the other on a synthetic benchmark also does not make the other processor 'terrible', whether from AMD's or Intel's perspective.
    -------------------------------------
    www.needGod.com by Living Waters / Ray Comfort
    Hell's Best Kept Secret by Ray Comfort / Living Waters
    This guy has some awesome sermons:
    http://www.getalifemedia.com/
    or to shortcut to a *great* series: The Final Countdown Youtube playlist by Billy Crone

    Comment


    • #17
      Notebooks
      http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/category/notebook/

      Desktops:
      http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/category/intel_pc/



      Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
      Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
      Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

      Comment


      • #18
        I might go with this one: $554.00

        * CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-540 3.06 GHz 4M Intel Smart Cache LGA1156 [-106]
        * HDD: 500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Hard Drive)
        * MEMORY: 4GB (2GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module
        * MOTHERBOARD: MSI H55M-E23 Intel H55 Chipset DDR3 LGA1156 mATX w/ Onboard Graphics, HDMI, DVI, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB2.0, SATA-II, 1 Gen 2 PCIe, 2 PCIe X1 & 1 PCI [-32]
        * SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
        * VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 1GB 16X PCI Express [+20] (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)

        * *BASE_PRICE: [+645]
        * BLUETOOTH: None
        * CARE1: CoolerMaster Thermal Fusion 400 Extreme Performance CPU - Thermal Compound Optimized for Thermal Dissipation [+10]
        * CAS: Thermaltake V3 Black Mid-Tower Case [-2]
        * CASUPGRADE: None
        * CD: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
        * CD2: None
        * CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-540 3.06 GHz 4M Intel Smart Cache LGA1156 [-106]
        * CS_FAN: Maximum 120MM Case Cooling Fans for your selected case [+9]
        * FA_HDD: Vigor iSURF II Hard Disk Drive Cooling System [+21] (1 x System)
        * FAN: XtremeGear Ultra Triple Heatpipes Cool Copper Heatsink CPU Cooling Fan (Extreme Silent at 20dBA & Overclock Proof) [-11]
        * FLASHMEDIA: None
        * FLOPPY: None
        * GLASSES: None
        * HDD: 500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Hard Drive)
        * HDD2: None
        * IEEE_CARD: None
        * KEYBOARD: Xtreme Gear (Black Color) Multimedia/Internet USB Keyboard
        * MB_ADDON: None
        * MEMORY: 4GB (2GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module (Corsair or Major Brand)
        * MONITOR: None
        * MONITOR2: None
        * MONITOR3: None
        * MOTHERBOARD: MSI H55M-E23 Intel H55 Chipset DDR3 LGA1156 mATX w/ Onboard Graphics, HDMI, DVI, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB2.0, SATA-II, 1 Gen 2 PCIe, 2 PCIe X1 & 1 PCI [-32]
        * MOUSE: XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse
        * MULTIVIEW: Non-SLI/Non-CrossFireX Mode Supports Multiple Monitors
        * NCSW: None
        * NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
        * OS: None - FORMAT HARD DRIVE ONLY
        * OVERCLOCK: No Overclocking
        * POWERSUPPLY: 450 Watts - Standard Case Power Supply
        * RUSH: 5% Instant Rebate for Non-Rush Delivery Order over $999 - Ships within 3 Weeks - Must Enter Coupon Code "NORUSH" during checkout
        * SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
        * SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
        * SPEAKERS: None
        * TEMP: None
        * TVRC: None
        * USB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
        * USBFLASH: None
        * USBHD: None
        * USBX: None
        * VC_PHYSX: None
        * VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 1GB 16X PCI Express [+20] (Major Brand Powered by NVIDIA)
        * VIDEO2: None
        * VIDEO3: None
        * WNC: None
        * _PRICE: (+554)



        Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
        Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
        Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

        Comment


        • #19
          I've purchased about a dozen computers from ibuypower.com over the last 10 years. ibuypower is a lot like cyberpowerpc in terms of what they offer and how they present themselves. I usually check both sites before ordering. On systems that I'll be using I always go intel and nvidia, like Buzz says. A couple of times when I just needed an inexpensive but good enough system for one of the kids I went amd/nvidia. Back when I first started buying from ibuypower, they were easy to work with even though the person on the phone never spoke good english. Now they're bigger, more polished, and not quite as good to work with, but still good enough.

          I'm happy we can still purchase computers where we can pick the components we want and have the company put it together for us. It costs too much for me to purchase the individual components and then pay to have them shipped up here to put together myself.
          Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

          3 trees

          Comment


          • #20
            I have an iBuyPower and I absolutely love it. Alienware is cute and all, but its basically just a pretty shell in terms of functuality.

            I'm running on 16gigs ram, 6core processor, nvidia geforce gtx 660ti, a 2tb hdd and external drive.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by ServantOfGod View Post
              I have an iBuyPower and I absolutely love it. Alienware is cute and all, but its basically just a pretty shell in terms of functuality.
              I've probably purchased 15-20 or so IBuyPowers over the last dozen years or so. I've had a pretty high component failure rate, but IBuyPower just builds the computers with OEM components and ship them out. I can't really blame them for a MOBO or a memory stick that goes bad.

              I built my own desktops/servers until I returned to Alaska about 13 years ago. It cost too much to order individual components and build my own up here around that time. I orderd IBuyPowers for a couple of clients and then started getting them for myself. Recently, with Amazon.com as it currently is, I can once again order the individual components and build my own. I beat all but IBuypower's most discounted boxes, and get much more warranty with the retail components.

              My one recommendation for those that purchase from IBuyPower or similar companies, is don't get the no-name components, pay a few dollars extra for the power supply, memory, etc., and the box will have a better chance of surviving without repair for a good number of years. While some of their boxes I've purchased have lasted close to 10 years before they were retired, others barely made it past the one year warranty period.
              Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

              3 trees

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Tall Timbers View Post
                I've probably purchased 15-20 or so IBuyPowers over the last dozen years or so. I've had a pretty high component failure rate, but IBuyPower just builds the computers with OEM components and ship them out. I can't really blame them for a MOBO or a memory stick that goes bad.

                I built my own desktops/servers until I returned to Alaska about 13 years ago. It cost too much to order individual components and build my own up here around that time. I orderd IBuyPowers for a couple of clients and then started getting them for myself. Recently, with Amazon.com as it currently is, I can once again order the individual components and build my own. I beat all but IBuypower's most discounted boxes, and get much more warranty with the retail components.

                My one recommendation for those that purchase from IBuyPower or similar companies, is don't get the no-name components, pay a few dollars extra for the power supply, memory, etc., and the box will have a better chance of surviving without repair for a good number of years. While some of their boxes I've purchased have lasted close to 10 years before they were retired, others barely made it past the one year warranty period.
                The only thing I had to update was add more ram, better graphics card, eventually a fan replacement, and a few new hard drives. I'd say my PC is around 4+ years old, and still kicking maybe its luck?

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by ServantOfGod View Post
                  The only thing I had to update was add more ram, better graphics card, eventually a fan replacement, and a few new hard drives. I'd say my PC is around 4+ years old, and still kicking maybe its luck?
                  Were you adding storage space with the new hard drives or replacing ones that malfunctioned? I've only had a couple drives go south on me in my life, and they were both corporate, not my own.

                  One of the good things about buying a Cyberpower or IBuyPower or similar PC, or building your own, is the easy upgrade-ability. A long, long time ago in Tech years I would occasionally run into problems with "name brand" PCs when helping people upgrade. Those big companies would sometimes take proprietary shortcuts with the components in their systems which made it so you'd never be sure if an off the street upgrade component would work with the system or not until you tried it... The companies I'm thinking about no longer exist or were folded into other companies... and I can't remember their names.

                  I don't think 4 years is all that long unless a person never dusts their computer out and it's still running trouble free after 4 years. Like I mentioned earlier, I had a couple go close to a decade with no alteration, not even a new fan. I finally gave the family that had them one of my newer computers because I gave them support and it drives me crazy with the wait time for older systems to boot up... so I really like the newer systems with SSD drives!
                  Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

                  3 trees

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Tall Timbers View Post
                    Were you adding storage space with the new hard drives or replacing ones that malfunctioned? I've only had a couple drives go south on me in my life, and they were both corporate, not my own.

                    One of the good things about buying a Cyberpower or IBuyPower or similar PC, or building your own, is the easy upgrade-ability. A long, long time ago in Tech years I would occasionally run into problems with "name brand" PCs when helping people upgrade. Those big companies would sometimes take proprietary shortcuts with the components in their systems which made it so you'd never be sure if an off the street upgrade component would work with the system or not until you tried it... The companies I'm thinking about no longer exist or were folded into other companies... and I can't remember their names.

                    I don't think 4 years is all that long unless a person never dusts their computer out and it's still running trouble free after 4 years. Like I mentioned earlier, I had a couple go close to a decade with no alteration, not even a new fan. I finally gave the family that had them one of my newer computers because I gave them support and it drives me crazy with the wait time for older systems to boot up... so I really like the newer systems with SSD drives!
                    Some I upgraded, and some died :P

                    I have had an old Gateway and Dell before that lasted almost a decade, same with my brother.
                    It seems like the newer PC's don't want to last as long as the older ones...
                    I'm not an expert perse' more so a gamer, but my hubby works on PC's and stuff he runs his own business.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by ServantOfGod View Post
                      Some I upgraded, and some died :P

                      I have had an old Gateway and Dell before that lasted almost a decade, same with my brother.
                      It seems like the newer PC's don't want to last as long as the older ones...
                      I'm not an expert perse' more so a gamer, but my hubby works on PC's and stuff he runs his own business.
                      It's often hard to get rid of something you paid $1000 or $2000 for. I think I was paying around $2700-2800 for my first computers in the early 90's. But when they seem sooooo sloooowwww, and the new ones seem so fast... it's time if one can afford it. Sounds like your hubby can take good care of your technology needs.
                      Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

                      3 trees

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Tall Timbers View Post
                        It's often hard to get rid of something you paid $1000 or $2000 for. I think I was paying around $2700-2800 for my first computers in the early 90's. But when they seem sooooo sloooowwww, and the new ones seem so fast... it's time if one can afford it. Sounds like your hubby can take good care of your technology needs.
                        Yea there's definitely some perks being married to a computer wiz.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by ServantOfGod View Post
                          Some I upgraded, and some died :P

                          I have had an old Gateway and Dell before that lasted almost a decade, same with my brother.
                          It seems like the newer PC's don't want to last as long as the older ones...
                          I'm not an expert perse' more so a gamer, but my hubby works on PC's and stuff he runs his own business.
                          Poor quality power supply boxes die, replace your power supply with a new one, along with a new CMOS, and they will live again.

                          And compressed air cleaning out the dust at least once per year.



                          Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
                          Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
                          Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X