This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CyberPower PC's

DO any of you have alienware? I am thinking about buying a new desktop computer and was wondering if Alienware is any good. I saw some great systems on their site.. But are they any good?

I would advise against alienware... Overpriced for the capability you get. You should look at cyperpowerpc (google them) they provide the most bang for your buck in terms of performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Aknightwhosezni View Post
      I would advise against alienware... Overpriced for the capability you get. You should look at cyperpowerpc (google them) they provide the most bang for your buck in terms of performance.
      those look good
      http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/r02/ri02.asp

make sure you select Intel, not AMD
      and select nvidea, not ATI

This notebook is good!
      http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/X...2900_Notebook/

good desktops:

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/G...ity_SLI_Basic/

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/G...finity_SLI_GT/
      Last edited by Buzzardhut; April 26th, 2009, 11:54 AM.

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
      Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
      Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzardhut View Post
        Last edited by Buzzardhut; April 26th, 2009, 11:54 AM.

Comment

thanks everyone.. I decided to go with that cyberpower pc they seem to be cheaper and you get more for your dollar I got to coustomize it.. and I got a high end system coustomize for only $1900 with the i7 core intell processor I will post the link for it soon

Comment

Originally posted by arrow View Post
            thanks everyone.. I decided to go with that cyberpower pc they seem to be cheaper and you get more for your dollar I got to coustomize it.. and I got a high end system coustomize for only $1900 with the i7 core intell processor I will post the link for it soon
            post your options
            we could have helped configure it

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
            Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
            Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Comment

I havent Bought it yet....... I just coustomized it and see how much it would cost.. Here is my coustom specs..........

HDD:Single Hard Drive (1TB (1TBx1) SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD)

MULTIVIEW:Non-SLI/CrossFireX Mode Supports Multiple Monitors

VIDEO:NVIDIA GeForce GTX285 1GB 16X PCIe Video Card [+120] (EVGA Powered by NVIDIA [+5])

MEMORY:6GB (2GBx3) PC1333 DDR3 PC3 10666 Triple Channel Memory (Corsair Dominator [+19])

MOTHERBOARD3-Way SLI Support) Asus P6T Intel X58 Chipset SLI/CrossFireX Mainboard Triple-Channel DDR3/1600 SATA RAID w/

CPU:Intel® CoreT i7-940 2.93 GHz 8M L3 Cache LGA1366

FAN:Asetek Liquid CPU Cooling System (Extreme Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA)

POWERSUPPLY:800 Watts Power Supplies (CyberPowerPC XF800S Performance ATX 2.0 Power - Quad SLI Ready)

CD2Special Price) LG 20X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER (BLACK COLOR)

FA_HDD:Vigor iSURF II Hard Disk Drive Cooling System [+21] (1 x System)

OS:Microsoft® Windows VistaT Home Premium w/ Service Pack 1 (64-bit Edition)

And im planning on just installing the windows vista Ultimita.. That I bout at the computer store when the vista came out

Comment

Very nice

I just built an i7 system a couple(?) months ago very similar to that, including the GTX285, and I love mine.
                -------------------------------------
                www.needGod.com by Living Waters / Ray Comfort
                Hell's Best Kept Secret by Ray Comfort / Living Waters
                This guy has some awesome sermons:
                http://www.getalifemedia.com/
                or to shortcut to a *great* series: The Final Countdown Youtube playlist by Billy Crone

Comment

Originally posted by arrow View Post
                  I havent Bought it yet....... I just coustomized it and see how much it would cost.. Here is my coustom specs..........

VIDEO:NVIDIA GeForce GTX285 1GB 16X PCIe Video Card [+120] (EVGA Powered by NVIDIA [+5])

MEMORY:6GB (2GBx3) PC1333 DDR3 PC3 10666 Triple Channel Memory (Corsair Dominator [+19])

MOTHERBOARD3-Way SLI Support) Asus P6T Intel X58 Chipset SLI/CrossFireX Mainboard Triple-Channel DDR3/1600 SATA RAID w/

CPU:Intel® CoreT i7-940 2.93 GHz 8M L3 Cache LGA1366

FAN:Asetek Liquid CPU Cooling System (Extreme Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA)

POWERSUPPLY:800 Watts Power Supplies (CyberPowerPC XF800S Performance ATX 2.0 Power - Quad SLI Ready)

CD2Special Price) LG 20X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER (BLACK COLOR)

FA_HDD:Vigor iSURF II Hard Disk Drive Cooling System [+21] (1 x System)

OS:Microsoft® Windows VistaT Home Premium w/ Service Pack 1 (64-bit Edition)

And im planning on just installing the windows vista Ultimita.. That I bout at the computer store when the vista came out

Great system!

Comment

Originally posted by arrow
                    So you all think I got a great system for $1900 plus shipping? They said estimated shiping date is april 6th and I selected 2 day fedex shipping but april 6th is just an estimated ship date.. and dosent neccisaraly meen it will be that long to shipped. I guess it all depends on how many orders they have and they just go down the list of orders.. and go by who is next. and they also do some kind of stress test on it overnight to see if the system works like it should.
                    I can only afford around $800
                    you can trim a bit, but keep that cool nvidea
                    if you are running that much memory be sure to disable swap file

Comment

OK we're not to covet but I'm drooling. I have to be careful not to short out my old Dell puter.
                      sigpic
                      Come soon Lord Jesus - Take us Safely Home

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Comment

wow, you got a great deal... I created as close to your build as I could on newegg.

Of course, you would have to build it yourself - and no freebies that cyberpower gives away.

ASUS P6T LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST31000333AS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

EVGA 01G-P3-1285-AR GeForce GTX 285 SC Edition 1GB 512-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

Intel Core i7 940 Nehalem 2.93GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80601940 - Retail

CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX 850W ATX12V 2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply - Retail

CORSAIR XMS3 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TR3X6G1333C9 - Retail

Masscool 7WA002L Water Cooler - Retail

Antec Twelve Hundred Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail

TOTAL: $1,748.93 (no tax....) + shipping on all individual parts...(some were free some weren't.) comes out to about $1850 total.

That is an awesome price for a built computer shipped to your door I'm glad you went with them instead of alienware

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzardhut View Post
                          well,AMD makes a good processor too and they are much cheaper and right now they perform very close to Intel's best.however Intel did not always make a good chip,the pentium 4 was a terrible one.they ran hot and consumed a lot of power and a AMD 64 running at half the clock speed would mop the floor with it.on benchmarks yes the I7 is on top and they overclock very well but a overclocked AMD is right there and not trailing too much.i look for AMD to catch and pass Intel again some time soon.and back in the old 32 bit days the AMD Athlon was wiping up the floor with the Pentium 3 and early Pentium4,the old one that required the Rambus memory.if you go to the top 3D Mark or Futuremark top score you can see AMD and Intel trading punches quite well.as far as video cards yes,i lean towards Nvidia but ATI makes a good card also.flakey drivers on ATI is the only thing that bothers me about them.AMD was the first to offer a chip that ran at over 1.0 GHZ.Intel came out with a pentium 3 that ran over the 1.0 GHZ mark but they had problems and had to recall them and there was not a problem with AMD's 1333 Athlon as it ran strong.Tom's Hardware overclocked a K7 Athlon to 1600 MHZ and it mopped the floor with any other chip that challenged it.clock for clock Intel did not offer anything for years that could touch it.Intel's Netburst architecture was a joke.
                          In God I Trust

Comment

[QUOTE=Aknightwhosezni;1155896]wow, you got a great deal... I created as close to your build as I could on newegg.

Of course, you would have to build it yourself - and no freebies that cyberpower gives away.

Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 ST31000333AS 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

EVGA 01G-P3-1285-AR GeForce GTX 285 SC Edition 1GB 512-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

Intel Core i7 940 Nehalem 2.93GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80601940 - Retail

CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX 850W ATX12V 2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply - Retail

CORSAIR XMS3 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TR3X6G1333C9 - Retail

TOTAL: $1,748.93 (no tax....) + shipping on all individual parts...(some were free some weren't.) comes out to about $1850 total.
                            yipe,double post.please delete.
                            In God I Trust

Comment

Originally posted by Aknightwhosezni View Post
                              wow, you got a great deal... I created as close to your build as I could on newegg.

That is an awesome price for a built computer shipped to your door I'm glad you went with them instead of alienware
                              i dropped about 2000 or so total in my rig back in 06.i upgraded it with a new dual core and a pair of Nvidia 9800 GT's and 2 gigs of Memory.same Motherboard and other components in it from 06 with the exception of the power supply which was made by OCZ.it started to slowly die then got to where it would not boot at all.OCZ sent me a new one under warranty.it still runs games pretty good so no complaints there and does what i need it to.i plan on building a new one with a new mobo,memory and ECT in it sometime soon.it runs Crysis pretty well at medium settings and anything else it runs like they are child's play.i run at 1980x1080 resolution so the twin 9800's get a workout but they are bottlenecked by the long in the tooth memory and CPU.it runs windows 7 64 bit without any problems and i get a 5.4 score out of it.it is limited by HD speed on that score and the next is Memory performance.it flies running Windows XP 32 bit and Ubuntu Linux 64 bit.on windows 7 in the built in system assessment i get 5.4 in HD performance,5.5 in memory performance and 5.9 in everything else.7.9 is the highest rating.your rig sounds real nice.i hope your get at least as great of service out of yours as i have with mine.i built mine myself and would not have it any other way.in fact my wife built her last one herself and she does need a new one and we are thinking of going with a Asus rampage 2 board and a 920 I7 and around 6 gigs of ram.more than likely it will get windows 7 for a operating system.
                              In God I Trust

Comment

Working...
                              X