Quote practice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seanswife View Post
    how do you quote only a portion ...(see, you can even go back in edit mode and trim text).....post. didnt work

Now in the quotation {QUOTE=seanswife......} ...................text............text........... .. {/QUOTE}

Delete the text parts you do not want. DO NOT delete the command boxes with the square brackets =[
    I used curvy brackets for illustration. If you happen to delete too much, you can re-type characters.

Note you normally get about 15 minutes to go back an edit a post, after that it locks.
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”
    sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=Wally;2438852]

I used curvy brackets for illustration. If you happen to delete too much, you can re-type characters.

QUOTE]

Lets see if this works
      Ephesians 3:20
      20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us
      Philippians 4:8
      Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Comment

[QUOTE=seanswife;2438940]
        Originally posted by Wally View Post

QUOTE]

Lets see if this works
        did it like you said and still nothing ARG
        20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us
        Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Comment

[QUOTE=seanswife;2438942]
          did it like you said and still nothing ARG
          Never mind it did work YAAHHHH Thanks so much Wally for all your help

Comment

[QUOTE=seanswife;2438943]

Never mind it did work YAAHHHH Thanks so much Wally for all your help
            Now if I can get rid of the my name from the top of the text but hey at least im getting there lol

Comment

Now if I can get rid of the my name from the top of the text but hey at least im getting there lol
              hmmm testing

Comment

hmmm testing
                YA I got it PTL Thanks again Wally

Comment

You can quote anything {QUOTE} ....... {/QUOTE} with this format .......... again I replaced [ with {

so
                  wally said....
                  you cannot delete the square brackets, the slash, or the Capital letters, they are part of the command.

you can edit internal optional parameters like =seanswife99999 (I forgot your number...)

I believe TigerLily has a thread in this sub-forum going over quotes, quotes within quotes, ad infinitum.....
                  It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wally View Post
                    . . . I believe TigerLily has a thread in this sub-forum going over quotes, quotes within quotes, ad infinitum.....
                    Wow, Wally, what a memory you have! Here it is for those who are interested:

Quote practice
                    http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?174562-Quote-practice

Thank you, Mary Rae, for your lovely picture!

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
                    ______

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger Lily View Post
                      Hmmmm

? EX: sometimes it is easier to highlight/delete something that runs together by adding a space:1. supercalifragilistic 2. super califragil istic 3. superistic
                      just testing

Comment

Working...
                      X