Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wally View Post
    "thus quote the Tiger Lily..."

thus quote quoting, the quote of the quote.

anyone for quoits?
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Wally View Post
      "thus quote the Tiger Lily..."

thus quote quoting, the quote of the quote.

anyone for quoits?

x/y is a quotient. I think...
      It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Poppycat View Post
        By George I think I've got it!! Don't laugh but I was trying to do it to the op - not once I had activated the Reply To Quote box
        Yep, bring up the "reply with quote" box first, then delete what you don't want.

Thanks to sweeetlilgurlie on Narniaweb for the sig

Comment

[QUOTE=Tiger Lily;2228747]To QUOTE]

test

Originally posted by Tiger Lily View Post
          Now, .
          test

Finally, I did above.
          testing

. Not ,
          never tried this before
          For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Cor 1:18

Comment

"Nevermore"

Thank you, Mary Rae, for your lovely picture!

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
            ______

Comment

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
              ______

Comment

Finally, you can easily quote multiple people just by clicking on the " + next to where it says Reply With Quote (the + sign will change to a checkmark), until you get to the last of the quotes you want to include, then for that final quote, you click Reply With Quote

. Then you will get the composition box to add your comments to the quotes from the others. If you want to bring attention to part of another's quote, you can drag your mouse pointer over that area to highlight it and click the "B" for Bold in the composition-tools box, or click the "A" tool (next to the "Font" and "Size" tools) and make the desired part a different color, as I did above.

Hmm... Guess I don't have the hang of it yet
                Last edited by ReadytoGoNow; March 27th, 2012, 06:16 PM. Reason: Can't figure it out!

Comment

Well, that's interesting.

Don't know how you got an extra quote box around the bottom quote.

Unless maybe you highlighted the bottom quote AND clicked the cartoon-bubble-type-quote tool as well? (not necessary to do both Reply With Quote AND the cartoon-bubble-type-quote tool)

However, you DID successfully quote more than one quote, so "Ta da" for you, too!

______

Comment

BTW, for those of you who don't feel they can do the multiple quote thing, there IS hope.

The first time I read someone's instructions on how to do multiple quotes, it sounded too hard. I can't remember if I just went back and re-read their instructions more carefully, or if I waited until someone else explained it differently, but I eventually learned how and then realized it was really very easy after all.

The following is for perspective and to give hope to all those facing this "daunting" task.

Remember back in the 80's or so when ATM cards first came out? When I got my first ATM card, I refused to use it for the first year or so because it seemed it was "too much like using a computer" (computers being another technological hurdle with which I was VERY non-conversant at the time)

Okay. So. Now. You think maybe if I could figure this out, YOU can figure it out, too?

______

Comment

By the way, there is another way to quote something, but it doesn't show who you are quoting from. To do an unidentified quote, you drag/highlight the desired portion and click the little talking cartoon bubble tool second from the end on the second row of tool options.
                      Looks like I may be able to do this also, just testing .....

Comment

Looks like I should have knocked off Tiger Lily first (chortle) and that's why I ended up with a quote within a quote.

So I've gone from feeling like a bear with little brain to helpful to a couple of others in trying to get a handle on this (not sure about Clever Clogs Wally though)!!

Comment

Well, well, well.......I can do a double-quote box thingy, too. Ta da for me, too!

Let's see.....

______

Comment

Looks like I should have knocked off Tiger Lily first . . .
                            :runhills

______

Comment

:runhills
                              You can run but you can't hide TL cos you're my friend. Is that threatening enough?????

Seriously

Comment

Welcome!

______

Comment

Working...
                                X