Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Valerie View Post

"Hello,

I'm PMing you because I have no idea if you are male or female and, though it doesn't really matter, I just want to know."
    and then trying to remember everyone and not mix up!

Comment

Originally posted by heart_changed99 View Post
      That would be Chris.

I uploaded them late last night.

Glad to help everyone.
      Rapture Forums Ministries - Rapture Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post

I uploaded them late last night.

Glad to help everyone.
        Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Valerie View Post
          You know, there is just no easy way to ask someone that.

"Hello,

I'm PMing you because I have no idea if you are male or female and, though it doesn't really matter, I just want to know."
          You know, this brings to mind something I saw a few years ago. There was a program someone wrote at a college. Basically, you copy a block of text into a text box and click a button, and based on how the language was written, the program would tell you which was more likely, a man or a woman, who wrote the text.

Well, this isn't the one I thought it was, but here's one that's similar...
          Gender Guesser

Valerie, looks like you check out ok based on your post quoted above...

Genre: Informal
          Female = 119
          Male = 63
          Difference = -56; 34.61%
          Verdict: FEMALE
          Based on my post *whew*...
          Female = 84
          Male = 197
          Difference = 113; 70.1%
          Verdict: MALE
          "I do not seek to understand that I may believe, but I believe that I may understand: for this I also believe, that unless I believe I will not understand." --Anselm of Canterbury

Hebrews 12:3-4
          For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls. You have not yet resisted to bloodshed, striving against sin.

Comment

Originally posted by fracturedInfinity View Post
            You know, this brings to mind something I saw a few years ago. There was a program someone wrote at a college. Basically, you copy a block of text into a text box and click a button, and based on how the language was written, the program would tell you which was more likely, a man or a woman, who wrote the text.

Well, this isn't the one I thought it was, but here's one that's similar...
            Gender Guesser

Valerie, looks like you check out ok based on your post quoted above...
            No way! That is funny! I'm going to save that site.

Comment

looks fun! but they want something that has 300 words or more, i think my average here is about 20 or less....

i'll have to save that to try if i ever run across a post of mine that fits the requirement!

Comment

Originally posted by icebear View Post
                looks fun! but they want something that has 300 words or more, i think my average here is about 20 or less....

i'll have to save that to try if i ever run across a post of mine that fits the requirement!
                It seemed to work with mine and Valerie's posts and they were less than 100 words. See my last post.

I suppose it's just less accurate at less than 300 words, if you can consider something like this accurate.
                "I do not seek to understand that I may believe, but I believe that I may understand: for this I also believe, that unless I believe I will not understand." --Anselm of Canterbury

Hebrews 12:3-4
                For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls. You have not yet resisted to bloodshed, striving against sin.

Comment

Kewl!

I fed it one of my blog articles and got this:

Total words: 906

Female = 1383
                  Male = 2260
                  Difference = 877; 62.03%
                  Verdict: MALE

Genre: Formal
                  Female = 1394
                  Male = 1323
                  Difference = -71; 48.69%
                  Verdict: Weak FEMALE

Weak emphasis could indicate European.

Comment

Well, I guessed you were male before the gender icon. LOL So the guesser seems to be similar to our guesses.

Comment

Don't tell my hubby.

Comment

me too...!

Comment

Originally posted by pistache View Post
                          Chris

Comment

I just mentioned somewhere else that I want mine to be blonde. This is discrimination!

Comment

Originally posted by KaiafromBergen View Post
                              It's a boy!!!
                              yes,i am a guy....i know my screen name is gender ambiguous.this is why i was all for the gender id stuff.i have been mistaken for a girl or woman a few times
                              In God I Trust

Comment

Now all the guys look like Mr. Pringles

Comment

Working...
                                X