Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

Get Ready to match the Board Members...A Match Game/Fill in the Blanks game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get Ready to match the Board Members...A Match Game/Fill in the Blanks game

I don't know how well this will go, but it's worth a try.

For those who don't remember/weren't around, the game show Match game in the 1970s was lots of fun for kids my age to watch after school. Contestants tried to match celebrities with sometimes very funny fill int he blank questions.

I'm going to start with one I came up with a few weeks ago when the PHiladelphia 76ers were on their way to losing a record 26 straight games. You can answer by reply with an answer from this question, or creat your own allowing others to do the same.

"You know they say the Philadelphia 76ers are losing basketball games to get the first pick? Well, their tanking has really gotten bad now. Last night they gave up 50 points to _______."
    John 3:16 (KJV) For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.

I remember the game, but also I was never very good at it...... So my guess for the ____ would be : zip, zero, nada.... Meaning " zero points"
    This world is not my home. I'm just passing through. If heaven's not my home, O Lord, what would I do? The angels beckon me from heaven's open door, and I can't feel at home in this world anymore."
    Complete justice for us will come only "when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels" (v. 7).

Comment

I'd try to play, ANewCreature, but I know very little about sports and don't remember the Match Game so that's two strikes against me.

Really, my familiarity with sports is so bad that someone once asked me if I wanted to buy a ticket to a Padres game and my response was, "Football??! NO, THANKS! I HATE sports!" And, yes, I was completely serious.

Thank you, Mary Rae, for your lovely picture!

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
      ______

Comment

Originally posted by moosejive View Post
        I remember the game, but also I was never very good at it...... So my guess for the ____ would be : zip, zero, nada.... Meaning " zero points"
        Well, actually...the idea of the question is who or what did they give up 50 points to... Like "The other team's mascot," or "a high school team," for instance. But I understand what it's like to not get things in context. And there's certainly contestants on the show who did that - in fact your answer is better than some of theirs.

So, Tiger Lily, you don't have to understand sports to answer, just the first thing that comes to your mind, make it as silly as you want.

But, if others don't want to play, that's okay; I'm sure not every game started on here gets a lot of participants. I alwys got a kick out of it becasue I love really silly Mad Libs, too. (Now that would be interesting to try to play, but the problem is with Mad Libs you would have to have someone hhiding the paragraph or two somehow before asking for nouns, verbs, etc..)
        John 3:16 (KJV) For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.

Comment

"You know they say the Philadelphia 76ers are losing basketball games to get the first pick? Well, their tanking has really gotten bad now. Last night they gave up 50 points to _______."

Bubba Watson? (I guess since Philly will be on the golf course soon they should get acquainted)

I was about to say something about a blind celebrity but thought it was in bad taste.

Comment

Originally posted by onceblind View Post

Bubba Watson? (I guess since Philly will be on the golf course soon they should get acquainted)

I was about to say something about a blind celebrity but thought it was in bad taste.
            Tht's a good answer.

And if you wanted a celebrity who was really horrid at basketball, from the joking that was done after ESPN Radio's Mike and Mike's 2014 celebrity All-Star Game appearance, Mike Golic might be the definite answer.

But, Bubba Watson is definitely right up there.

Comment

Last night they gave up 50 points to _______

............................Obama and his cabinet.

(this sounds a little more like Mad-Libs)
              It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”
              sigpic

Comment

Growing up in the 1960s, I used to love watching the game shows. "Concentration," "Jeopardy" and "The Match Game" were three of my favorites. So I'll take a stab at your "Match Game" sentence:

They gave up 50 points to ... Honey Boo-Boo!

Comment

Okay, there were a couple good answers after I stopped checking in. I understand it's not as big of a draw - but given how slow this particular board is compared to others on the forum, I'll try another.

"harold the hacker is really behind the times." (Cue audience shouting "How behind the times is he?")
                  He's so behind the times, he tried to create a virus for a __________."

(Now, of course, if anyone needs help these guys normally create them for computers, so if he's behind the times...)

You have to drag your cursor over to read so i don't spoil it, but my mom said a fountain pen.

Comment

... for an abacus.

I kind of remember the match game, but for some reason this thread makes me think of Johnny Carson and Ed McMahon.

Comment

Originally posted by ANewCreature View Post
                      "harold the hacker is really behind the times." (Cue audience shouting "How behind the times is he?")
                      He's so behind the times, he tried to create a virus for a __________."
                      Commodore?
                      Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

A couple great answers. And, yes, i can see Johnny Carson and Ed McMahon doing this, too.

Comment

Carnac the Magnificent was funny.

But often I regret the coarse jesting.

Yet to imagine the old man fading away, to laugh without offense, to joke and laugh at ones self without feeling insult, comedy untainted by sin,

Someday we will be there.

His Grace is Amazing.
                          It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X