Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

Presidential Quotes and Facts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Presidential Quotes and Facts

So many of our nation's founding fathers and presidents have been Christians. In honor of Presidents' Day, it seems like a good occasion to start an inspirational presidential quotes/tidbits thread that (preferably) indicates their love for the one true God, the Bible, godly virtues, America's Christian heritage, etc. Unfortunately, my quote books are packed and on some parties I found nothing reliably relevant online that I thought our members might enjoy. Please add more quotes, facts, stories or links where you so desire.

-Providence has given to our people the choice of their rulers, and it is the duty...of our Christian nation to select and prefer Christians for their rulers. JOHN JAY, First Chief Justice of the United States Supreme Court

Prov 10:7 The memory of the righteous will be a blessing, but the name of the wicked will rot.

Thank you, Mary Rae, for your lovely picture!

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
    ______

Resources that may interest you

1. For an outstanding book showing America's Christian heritage, see:
    America's God and Country: Encyclopedia of Quotations, William J. Federer (Coppell, TX: FAME Publishing, Inc., 1996) Over 700 pages of quotes from and/or background on America's founding fathers, famous statesmen and well-known Americans over the centuries, states, congressional meetings, universities, settlements, mottos, constitutions, proclamations and court decisions.

2. You can easily find quotes on the net from many of our founding fathers on Christian subjects. For instance:
    http://www.lamblion.com/articles/articles_usa8.php
    http://www.wallbuilders.com/libissue...es.asp?id=8755,
    http://www.usachristianministries.co...and-the-bible/
    http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow....esome-sayings/

3. Many would find George Washington's prayer journal interesting, shown in part here:
    http://www.constitution.org/primarysources/george.html

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
    ______

Comment

List of Presidents and Their Parties

1 - GEORGE WASHINGTON, Independent
      2 - JOHN ADAMS, Federalist
      3 -THOMAS JEFFERSON, Democratic-Republican
      4 - JAMES MADISON, Democratic-Republican
      5 - JAMES MONROE, Democratic-Republican
      6 - JOHN QUINCY ADAMS, Democratic-Republican
      7 - ANDREW JACKSON, Democratic
      8 - MARTIN VAN BUREN, Democratic
      9 - WILLIAM HENRY HARRISON, Whig
      10 - JOHN TYLER, Whig
      11 - JAMES KNOX POLK, Democratic
      12 - ZACHARY TAYLOR, Whig
      13 - MILLARD FILLMORE, Whig
      14 - FRANKLIN PIERCE, Democratic
      15 - JAMES BUCHANAN, Democratic
      16 - ABRAHAM LINCOLN, Republican, then Republican National Union
      17 - ANDREW JOHNSON, Democratic National Union
      18 - HIRAM ULYSSES GRANT, Republican
      19 - RUTHERFORD BIRCHARD HAYES, Republican
      20 - JAMES ABRAM GARFIELD, Republican
      21 - CHESTER ALAN ARTHUR, Republican
      22 - GROVER CLEVELAND, Democratic
      23 - BENJAMIN HARRISON, Republican
      24 - GROVER CLEVELAND, Democratic
      25 - WILLIAM MCKINLEY, Republican
      26 - THEODORE ROOSEVELT, Republican
      27 - WILLIAM HOWARD TAFT, Republican
      28 - THOMAS WOODROW WILSON, Democratic
      29 - WARREN GAMALIEL HARDING, Republican
      30 - CALVIN COOLIDGE, Republican
      31 - HERBERT CLARK HOOVER, Republican
      32 - FRANKLIN DELANO ROOSEVELT, Democratic
      33 - HARRY S. TRUMAN, Democratic
      34 - DWIGHT DAVID EISENHOWER, Republican
      35 - JOHN FITZGERALD KENNEDY, Democratic
      36 - LYNDON BAINES JOHNSON, Democratic
      37 - RICHARD MILHOUS NIXON, Republican
      38 - GERALD RUDOLPH FORD, Republican
      39 - JAMES EARL CARTER, Democratic
      40 - RONALD WILSON REAGAN, Republican
      41 - GEORGE HERBERT WALKER BUSH, Republican
      42 - WILLIAM JEFFERSON CLINTON, Democratic
      43 - GEORGE WALKER BUSH, Republican
      44 - BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA, Democratic

______

Comment

#1 - GEORGE WASHINGTON
        -I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man. GEORGE WASHINGTON
        -Reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle. GEORGE WASHINGTON
        -It is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey His will, to be grateful for His benefits, and humbly to emplore His protection and favor. GEORGE WASHINGTON
        -While we are zealously performing the duties of good citizens and soldiers, we certainly ought not to be inattentive to the higher duties of religion. To the distinguished character of Patriot, it should be our highest glory to add the more distinguished character of Christian. GEORGE WASHINGTON
        -The blessing and protection of Heaven are at all times necessary but especially so in times of public distress and danger. The General hopes and trusts that every officer and man will endeavor to live and act as becomes a Christian soldier, defending the dearest rights and liberties of his country. GEORGE WASHINGTON
        -The General is sorry to be informed that the foolish and wicked practice of profane cursing and swearing, a vice hitherto little known in our American Army is growing into fashion. He hopes that the officers will, by example as well as influence, endeavor to check it and that both they and the men will reflect that we can little hope of the blessing of Heaven on our army if we insult it by our impiety and folly. Added to this it is a vice so mean and low without any temptation that every man of sense and character detests and despises it. GEORGE WASHINGTON (known as "Washington's Order on Profanity" from August 3, 1776)
        -No People can be bound to acknowledge and adore the invisible hand, which conducts the Affairs of men more than the People of the United States. Every step, by which they have advanced to the character of an independent nation, seems to have been distinguished by some token of providential agency. . . . we ought to be no less persuaded that the propitious smiles of Heaven, can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right, which Heaven itself has ordained . . . GEORGE WASHINGTON, from the National Archives' transcription of WASHINGTON'S INAUGURAL ADDRESS OF 1789
        -Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, Religion and Morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim the tribute of Patriotism, who should labor to subvert these great Pillars... GEORGE WASHINGTON
        -The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right, which heaven itself has ordained. GEORGE WASHINGTON

#2 - JOHN ADAMS
        -Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other. JOHN ADAMS
        -The general principles on which the fathers achieved independence were the general principles of Christianity. I will avow that I then believed, and now believe, that those general principles of Christianity are as eternal and immutable as the existence and attributes of God. JOHN ADAMS
        -Suppose a nation in some distant region should take the Bible for their only law book and every member should regulate his conduct by the precepts there exhibited. . . . What a Eutopia – what a Paradise would this region be! JOHN ADAMS
        -I have examined all religions, and the result is that the Bible is the best book in the world. JOHN ADAMS

#3 -THOMAS JEFFERSON
        -Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just. THOMAS JEFFERSON
        -I have always said, I always say, that the studious perusal of the sacred volume will make better citizens, better fathers, and better husbands. THOMAS JEFFERSON
        -In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock. THOMAS JEFFERSON
        -Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed the conviction that these liberties are the gift of God? THOMAS JEFFERSON

#4 - JAMES MADISON
        -The Christian religion, in its purity, is the basis and the source of all genuine freedom in government....I am persuaded that no civil government of a republican form can exist and be durable, in which the principles of Christianity have not a controlling influence. JAMES MADISON
        -A watchful eye must be kept on ourselves lest, while we are building ideal monuments of renown and bliss here, we neglect to have our names enrolled in the Annals of Heaven. JAMES MADISON
        -Cursed be all that learning that is contrary to the cross of Christ. JAMES MADISON
        -The belief in a God All Powerful wise and good, is so essential to the moral order of the world and to the happiness of man, that arguments which enforce it cannot be drawn from too many sources nor adapted with too much solicitude to the different characters and capacities to be impressed with it. JAMES MADISON

#5 - JAMES MONROE
        -When we view the blessings with which our country has been favored, those which we now enjoy, and the means which we possess of handing them down unimpaired to our latest posterity, our attention is irresistibly drawn to the source from whence they flow. Let us then, unite in offering our most grateful acknowledgments for these blessings to the Divine Author of All Good. JAMES MONROE

#6 - JOHN QUINCY ADAMS
        -So great is my veneration for the Bible, that the earlier my children begin to read it the more confident will be my hopes that they will prove useful citizens to their country and respectable members of society. JOHN QUINCY ADAMS
        -The highest glory of the American Revolution was this--that it connected, in one indissoluble bond, the principles of civil government with the principles of Christianity. JOHN QUINCY ADAMS
        -My custom is to read four or five chapters of the Bible every morning immediately after rising. It seems to me the most suitable manner of beginning the day. It is an invaluable and inexhaustible mine of knowledge and virtue. JOHN QUINCY ADAMS

#7 - ANDREW JACKSON
        -The Bible is the rock on which our Republic rests. ANDREW JACKSON

#8 - MARTIN VAN BUREN
        - . . . and for myself, conscious of but one desire, faithfully to serve my country, I throw myself without fear on its justice and its kindness. Beyond that I only look to the gracious protection of the Divine Being whose strengthening support I humbly solicit, and whom I fervently pray to look down upon us all. May it be among the dispensations of His providence to bless our beloved country with honors and with length of days. May her ways be ways of pleasantness and all her paths be peace! MARTIN VAN BUREN, from his Inaugural Address

#9 - WILLIAM HENRY HARRISON
        -I deem the present occasion sufficiently important and solemn to justify me in expressing to my fellow citizens a profound reverence for the Christian religion, and a thorough conviction that sound morals, religious liberty, and a just sense of religious responsibility are essentially connected with all true and lasting happiness. WILLIAM HENRY HARRISON

#10 - JOHN TYLER

#11 - JAMES KNOX POLK
        -In assuming responsibilities so vast I fervently invoke the aid of that Almighty Ruler of the Universe in whose hands are the destinies of nations and of men to guard this Heaven-favored land against the mischiefs which without His guidance might arise from an unwise public policy. With a firm reliance upon the wisdom of Omnipotence to sustain and direct me in the path of duty which I am appointed to pursue, I stand in the presence of this assembled multitude of my countrymen to take upon myself the solemn obligation "to the best of my ability to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States." JAMES K. POLK, from his Inaugural Address

#12 - ZACHARY TAYLOR
        -I congratulate you, my fellow-citizens, upon the high state of prosperity to which the goodness of Divine Providence has conducted our common country. Let us invoke a continuance of the same protecting care which has led us from small beginnings to the eminence we this day occupy . . . ZACHARY TAYLOR, from his Inaugural Address

#13 -MILLARD FILLMORE

#14 - FRANKLIN PIERCE
        -[T]here is no national security but in the nation's humble, acknowledged dependence upon God and His overruling providence. . . . I can express no better hope for my country than that the kind Providence which smiled upon our fathers may enable their children to preserve the blessings they have inherited. FRANKLIN PIERCE, from his Inaugural Address

#15 - JAMES BUCHANAN
        -In entering upon this great office I must humbly invoke the God of our fathers for wisdom and firmness to execute its high and responsible duties in such a manner as to restore harmony and ancient friendship among the people of the several States and to preserve our free institutions throughout many generations. Convinced that I owe my election to the inherent love for the Constitution and the Union which still animates the hearts of the American people, let me earnestly ask their powerful support in sustaining all just measures calculated to perpetuate these, the richest political blessings which Heaven has ever bestowed upon any nation. JAMES BUCHANAN, from his Inaugural Address

#16 -ABRAHAM LINCOLN
        -In regard to this Great Book, I have but to say, it is the best gift God has given to man. All the good the Savior gave to the world was communicated through this book. But for it we could not know right from wrong. All things most desirable for man's welfare, here and hereafter, are to be found portrayed in it. ABRAHAM LINCOLN
        -The only assurance of our nation's safety is to lay our foundations in morality and religion. ABRAHAM LINCOLN
        -It is the duty of nations, as well as of men, to own their dependence upon the overruling power of God and to recognize the sublime truth announced in the Holy Scriptures and proven by all history, that those nations only are blessed whose God is the Lord. ABRAHAM LINCOLN
        -I have been driven many times to my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go. My own wisdom, and that of all about me, seemed insufficient for that day. ABRAHAM LINCOLN
        -We have forgotten God. We have forgotten the gracious hand, which preserved us in peace and multiplied and enriched and strengthened us, and we have vainly imagined, in the deceitfulness of our hearts, that all these blessings were produced by some superior wisdom and virtue of our own. Intoxicated with unbroken success, we have become too self-sufficient to feel the necessity of redeeming and preserving grace, too proud to pray to the God that made us. ABRAHAM LINCOLN
        -God is the silent partner in all great endeavors. ABRAHAM LINCOLN
        -No man is poor who has had a Godly mother. ABRAHAM LINCOLN

#17- ANDREW JOHNSON

#18- HIRAM ULYSSES GRANT
        -Hold fast to the Bible. To the influence of this Book we are indebted for all the progress made in true civilization and to this we must look as our guide in the future. ULYSSES S. GRANT

#19 - RUTHERFORD BIRCHARD HAYES
        Looking for the guidance of that Divine Hand by which the destinies of nations and individuals are shaped, I call upon you, Senators, Representatives, judges, fellow-citizens, here and everywhere, to unite with me in an earnest effort to secure to our country the blessings, not only of material prosperity, but of justice, peace, and union—a union depending not upon the constraint of force, but upon the loving devotion of a free people; "and that all things may be so ordered and settled upon the best and surest foundations that peace and happiness, truth and justice, religion and piety, may be established among us for all generations. RUTHERFORD B. HAYES, from his Inaugural Address

#20 - JAMES ABRAM GARFIELD
        -I shall greatly rely upon the wisdom and patriotism of Congress and of those who may share with me the responsibilities and duties of administration, and, above all, upon our efforts to promote the welfare of this great people and their Government I reverently invoke the support and blessings of Almighty God. JAMES A. GARFIELD, from his Inaugural Address

#21 - CHESTER ALAN ARTHUR

#22 - GROVER CLEVELAND
        -All must admit that the reception of the teachings of Christ results in the purest patriotism, in the most scrupulous fidelity to public trust, and in the best type of citizenship. GROVER CLEVELAND

#23 - BENJAMIN HARRISON
        -Surely I do not misinterpret the spirit of the occasion when I assume that the whole body of the people covenant with me and with each other to-day to support and defend the Constitution and the Union of the States, to yield willing obedience to all the laws and each to every other citizen his equal civil and political rights. Entering thus solemnly into covenant with each other, we may reverently invoke and confidently expect the favor and help of Almighty God--that He will give to me wisdom, strength, and fidelity, and to our people a spirit of fraternity and a love of righteousness and peace. BENJAMIN HARRISON, from his Inaugural Address

#24 -GROVER CLEVELAND
        [see #22]

#25 - WILLIAM MCKINLEY
        -The more profoundly we study this wonderful Book, and the more closely we observe its divine precepts, the better citizens we will become and the higher will be our destiny as a nation. WILLIAM MCKINLEY

#26 - THEODORE ROOSEVELT
        -The true Christian is the true citizen, lofty of purpose, resolute in endeavor, ready for a hero's deeds . . .and in this world doing all that in his power lies, so that when death comes he may feel that mankind is in some degree better because he lived. T. ROOSEVELT
        - Every thinking man, when he thinks, realizes that the teachings of the Bible are so interwoven and entwined with our whole civic and social life that it would be literally - and I do not mean figuratively, but literally - impossible for us to figure out what that loss would be if these teachings were removed. We would loose almost all the standards by which we now judge both public and private morals; all the standards towards which we, with more or less resolution, strive to raise ourselves. THEODORE ROOSEVELT
        -A thorough knowledge of the Bible is worth more than a college education. THEODORE ROOSEVELT

#27 - WILLIAM HOWARD TAFT
        Having thus reviewed the questions likely to recur during my administration, and having expressed in a summary way the position which I expect to take in recommendations to Congress and in my conduct as an Executive, I invoke the considerate sympathy and support of my fellow-citizens and the aid of the Almighty God in the discharge of my responsible duties. WILLIAM HOWARD TAFT, from his Inaugural Address

#28 -THOMAS WOODROW WILSON
        -I am sorry for the men who do not read the Bible every day. I wonder why they deprive themselves of the strength and of the pleasure. WOODROW WILSON
        -The Bible is the Word of life. I beg that you will read it and find this out for yourself. When you have read the Bible you will know it is the Word of God, because you will have found in it the key to your own heart, your own happiness, and your own duty. WOODROW WILSON

#29 - WARREN GAMALIEL HARDING
        - . . . mindful of the solemnity of this occasion, feeling the emotions which no one may know until he senses the great weight of responsibility for himself, I must utter my belief in the divine inspiration of the founding fathers. WARREN G. HARDING

#30 - CALVIN COOLIDGE
        -Our doctrine of equality and liberty and humanity comes from our belief in the brotherhood of man, through the fatherhood of God. CALVIN COOLIDGE
        -In this Book will be found the solution of all the problems of the world. CALVIN COOLIDGE
        -The foundations of our society and our government rest so much on the teachings of the Bible that it would be difficult to support them if faith in these teachings would cease to be practically universal in our country. CALVIN COOLIDGE

#31 - HERBERT CLARK HOOVER
        -This occasion is not alone the administration of the most sacred oath which can be assumed by an American citizen. It is a dedication and consecration under God to the highest office in service of our people. I assume this trust in the humility of knowledge that only through the guidance of Almighty Providence can I hope to discharge its ever-increasing burdens. . . . I ask the help of Almighty God in this service to my country to which you have called me. HERBERT HOOVER
        -The whole of the inspirations of our civilization springs from the teachings of Christ and the lessons of the prophets. To read the Bible for these fundamentals is a necessity of American life. HERBERT HOOVER

#32 - FRANKLIN DELANO ROOSEVELT
        -We cannot read the history of our rise and development as a nation, without reckoning with the place the Bible has occupied in shaping the advances of the Republic. Where we have been the truest and most consistent in obeying its precepts, we have attained the greatest measure of contentment and prosperity. FRANKLIN D. ROOSEVELT

#33 - HARRY S. TRUMAN
        - . . . this is a Christian Nation. More than a half century ago that declaration was written into the decrees of the highest court* in this land. HARRY S. TRUMAN [*Note: "Our laws and our institutions must necessarily be based upon and embody the teachings of the Redeemer of mankind. It is impossible that it should be otherwise; and in this sense and to this extent our civilization and our institutions are emphatically Christian." United States Supreme Court, 1892]
        -The fundamental basis of this Nation’s law was given to Moses on the Mount. The fundamental basis of our Bill of Rights comes from the teachings which we get from Exodus and St. Matthew, from Isaiah and St. Paul. HARRY S. TRUMAN

#34 - DWIGHT DAVID EISENHOWER
        -Basic to our democratic civilization are the principles and convictions that have bound us together as a nation. Among these are personal liberty, human rights, and the dignity of man. All these have their roots in a deeply held religious faith — in a belief in God.
        -Without God there could be no American form of government, nor an American way of life. Recognition of the Supreme Being is the first, the most basic, expression of Americanism. Thus, the founding fathers of America saw it, and thus with God’s help, it will continue to be. DWIGHT D. EISENHOWER

#35 - JOHN FITZGERALD KENNEDY
        -The same revolutionary beliefs for which our forebears fought are still at issue around the globe - The belief that the rights of man come not from the generosity of the state but from the hand of God. JOHN F. KENNEDY

#36 - LYNDON BAINES JOHNSON
        -Under this covenant of justice, liberty, and union we have become a nation--prosperous, great, and mighty. And we have kept our freedom. But we have no promise from God that our greatness will endure. We have been allowed by Him to seek greatness with the sweat of our hands and the strength of our spirit. . . . If we fail now, we shall have forgotten in abundance what we learned in hardship: that democracy rests on faith, that freedom asks more than it gives, and that the judgment of God is harshest on those who are most favored. LYNDON B. JOHNSON, from his Inaugural Address

#37 - RICHARD MILHOUS NIXON
        -Our destiny offers, not the cup of despair, but the chalice of opportunity. So let us seize it, not in fear, but in gladness-- and, "riders on the earth together," let us go forward, firm in our faith, steadfast in our purpose, cautious of the dangers; but sustained by our confidence in the will of God and the promise of man. RICHARD NIXON, from his 1969 Inaugural Address

[Note: There is a story relating that Nixon's mother, a Christian, told him that someday he would be in a position to help the Jewish People and when that opportunity occurred he was to do everything in his power to help. When things looked very bad during the 1973 War, Golda Meir called him and asked for his help. He immediately sent help. If anyone can find an acceptable link for that story, I would appreciate it.]

#38 - GERALD RUDOLPH FORD
        I am acutely aware that you have not elected me as your President by your ballots, and so I ask you to confirm me as your President with your prayers. And I hope that such prayers will also be the first of many. . . . God helping me, I will not let you down. GERALD FORD

#39 - JAMES EARL CARTER
        - . . . Here before me is the Bible used in the inauguration of our first President, in 1789, and I have just taken the oath of office on the Bible my mother gave me a few years ago, opened to a timeless admonition from the ancient prophet Micah: "He hath showed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the Lord require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God." (Micah 6: 8) . . . JIMMY CARTER, from his Inaugural Address

#40 - RONALD WILSON REAGAN
        -Inside the Bible’s pages lie all the answers to all the problems man has ever known. I hope Americans will read and study the Bible…It is my firm belief that the enduring values presented in its pages have a great meaning for each of us and for our nation. The Bible can touch our hearts, order our minds, and refresh our souls. RONALD REAGAN
        -When a nation ceases to be a nation under God; it will be a nation gone under. RONALD REAGAN
        -Of the many influences that have shaped the United States into a distinctive nation and people, none may be said to be more fundamental and enduring than the Bible. RONALD REAGAN

#41 - GEORGE HERBERT WALKER BUSH
        -Something’s wrong when kids can get birth control in school but can’t say a prayer in school. GEORGE H. W. BUSH

#42 - WILLIAM JEFFERSON CLINTON
        -We have heard the trumpets. We have changed the guard. And now, each in our way, and with God's help, we must answer the call. BILL CLINTON, from his 1993 Inaugural Address

#43 - GEORGE WALKER BUSH
        -When you turn your heart and your life over to Christ, when you accept Christ as the Savior, it changes your heart. GEORGE W. BUSH

#44 - BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA

______

Comment

Happy Presidents' Day! See post above for some great quotes from American presidents throughout our history. The quotes indicate that--thank the Lord--most of our presidents have been Christians.

______

Comment

#45 - DONALD JOHN TRUMP

-For us here in Washington, we must never, ever stop asking God for the wisdom to serve the public according to his will. . . . That's why President Eisenhower and Senator Carlson had the wisdom to gather together 64 years ago to begin this truly great tradition*. But that's not all they did together. Let me tell you the rest of the story. Just one year later, Senator Carlson was among the members of Congress to send to the President's desk a joint resolution that added "under God" to our Pledge of Allegiance. That's a great thing. Because that's what we are and that is what we will always be, and that is what our people want: one beautiful nation, under God. DONALD TRUMP, from his remarks at the National Prayer Breakfast on February 2, 2017

[*Notes: "truly great tradition" refers to the National Prayer Breakfast; see complete transcript at https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press...ayer-breakfast ]

______

Comment

Working...
            X