This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scripture Quotation & or Explanation

Lets add on to the game once provided called the scripture challenge. Let's call it quotation/explanation. Assuming everyone has memorized some scripture, (though this is not necessary) choose a scripture according to the alphabet (it must have a word that starts with the appropriate letter - the letter next in the alphabet) An example, for the letter K, one may choose a verse with the word K-nowledge or maybe K-ing. Quote the verse if you can, or the best you remember, and then explain what it means to you,in say, 2 sentences or more. I'll start with A:

Angel If we or even an angeltells you something different, let him be eternally condemned (or accursed). Galatians 1:8

To me this means that the gospel of Christ, previously spoken of, is not to be fooled with. Even by a messenger of God.

Now I doubt this is word for word correct and the scripture says to love correction is wise. So please correct me.

Just to hopefully help one who has possibly not caught on, I will do the next one.

Boast ... it does not envy, it does not boast 1 Corinthians 13:5

To boast is to brag. This is not a part of true love.
    Submit to God James 4:7 ...then He will lead you to resist evil.

C - Comfort

2 Cor 1:3-4 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.

When we go through hard times and can't see any benefit from those hard times, maybe it will turn out to be an experience that we will then be better prepared to help someone else through in the future, especially if we think about the ways that the Lord helped us through that hard time, as well as developed trust in Him.

This explanation thanks to this wonderful quote Geri7 posted on the quote thread:
    Originally posted by Geri7 View Post
    Nothing touches me that has not passed through the hands of my heavenly Father. Nothing! Whatever occurs, God has sovereignly surveyed and approved. Everything I endure is designed to prepare me for serving others more effectively. Everything! - Chuck Swindoll

Thank you, Mary Rae, for your lovely picture!

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
    ______

Comment

D - Deceiving/Deceived

2 Tim 3:13-17 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived. But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

You will hear a lot of ungodly stuff in this world, more so as we get closer to the Lord's return. If we hide the word in our hearts (Ps. 119:11), test what we hear (even in church, Acts 17:11) and flee from evil (1 Tim 6:11) it will help us avoid the wrong path.

(See also 2 Tim 3:1-7)

Thank you, Mary Rae, for your lovely picture!

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
      ______

Comment

E-Evil

Revelation 18:2

2 And he called out with a mighty voice,

p“Fallen, fallen is Babylon the great!

She has become a dwelling place for demons,

a haunt for every unclean spirit,

a haunt for every unclean bird,

a haunt for every unclean and detestable beast.

Comment

F, Freedom

It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Galatians 5:1

To me this means that we are not of this world of cares and burdens. We belong to Jesus because He set us free.
          Last edited by grace-saved; October 12th, 2012, 03:08 PM. Reason: Add explanation
          Please pray for my unsaved loved-ones. Time is short.

Comment

We already have a scripture game thread going; adding in explanations kinda strays from a simple word game into bible study. Locked for now.

Thanks to sweeetlilgurlie on Narniaweb for the sig

Comment

Working...
            X