Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

Got some favorite quotes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got some favorite quotes?

There are probably several other RR members who really like quotes and have collected a lot of them. Let's share!

Some quotes may be just for fun. Others may be very profound--giving us insight into how our heroes of old thought and helping us benefit from their wisdom. Some quotes might be long. Some will be short, pithy and fresh......or old and familiar. And don't let the popularity of a quote stop you, either--if it was useful to you growing up or is useful now, include it. You might even want to explain how a quote has been helpful to you or why it inspires you.

By the way, if the quote you post happens to fit nicely with one or more Bible verses, feel free to post those, too.

Thank you, Mary Rae, for your lovely picture!

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
    ______

-Don't envy anybody. Every person has something no other person has. Develop that one thing and make it outstanding. UNK

-What you are is God’s gift to you. What you make of yourself is your gift to God. UNK

Col 3:23-24 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
    ______

Comment

-If you're too open-minded your brains will fall out.

Heb 5:14 But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.

______

Comment

"You can know how many seeds are in an apple, but only God knows how many apples are in a seed."- unknown
        John 15:13
        "Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."

1 John 4:16
        "And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him."

Comment

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it'
          Baruch atah Adonai Eloheinu melech haolam --Blessed are you O Lord our God, King of the universe

Comment

"Going to Church doesn't make you a Christian any more than going to the garage makes you a car".
            Laurence J. Peter

Comment

-Reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principle. GEORGE WASHINGTON

Deut 6:5-7 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.

______

Comment

-A nation never falls but by suicide. R. W. EMERSON

Jer 12:17 “But if any nation does not listen, I will completely uproot and destroy it," declares the LORD.
                Jer 18:7-10 If at any time I announce that a nation or kingdom is to be uprooted, torn down and destroyed, and if that nation I warned repents of its evil, then I will relent and not inflict on it the disaster I had planned. And if at another time I announce that a nation or kingdom is to be built up and planted, and if it does evil in my sight and does not obey me, then I will reconsider the good I had intended to do for it.

______

Comment

-The only assurance of our nation's safety is to lay our foundations in morality and religion. ABRAHAM LINCOLN

Ps 33:12 Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD, the people he chose for his inheritance.

______

Comment

As you walk through the valley of the unknown, you will find the footprints of Jesus both in front of you and beside you.Dr.Charles Stanley

Comment

This is not a favorite quote, but it is an interesting one:

-The Devil entangles youth with beauty, the miser with gold, the ambitious with power, the learned with false doctrine. H. G. BOHN

______

Comment

Quando omni flunkest, mortai

[When all else fails, play dead] (Red Green)

Failure is not to have tried and failed, but to never have tried at all.

wiki.answers: It's a misquote from Alfred Lord Tennyson's poem In Memoriam:27, 1850.

Hold it true, whate'er befall;
                        I feel it, when I sorrow most;
                        'Tis better to have loved and lost
                        Than never to have loved at all.

Do it, or do it not, there is no try. (Yoda)
                        It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”
                        sigpic

Comment

Heaven

-Think of stepping on shore, and finding it Heaven! Of taking hold of a hand, and finding it God's hand, of breathing new air, and finding it celestial air, of feeling invigorated, and finding it immortality, of passing from storm and tempest to an unbroken calm, of waking up, and finding it Home! ANON

-Earth has no sorrow that heaven cannot heal. SIR THOMAS MOORE: Come, Ye Disconsolate

-We cannot resist the conviction that this world is for us only the porch of another and more magnificent temple of the Creator's majesty. F. W. FABER

-If God hath made this world so fair where sin and death abound, how beautiful beyond compare will paradise be found. J. MONTGOMERY

-Heaven's the perfection of all that can be said or thought--riches, delight, harmony, health, beauty; and all these not subject to the waste of time, but in their height eternal. J. SHIRLEY

-In heaven, to be even the least is a great thing, where all will be great; for all shall be called the children of God. T. A KEMPIS

And just a few of the many Bible verses about Heaven:
                          1 Cor 2:9-10 However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him"--but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God.
                          Eph 3:20 Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us,
                          Ps 16:11 You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.
                          Is 65:16 . . . the past troubles will be forgotten and hidden from my eyes.
                          Job 3:17 There the wicked cease from troubling; and there the weary be at rest.
                          2 Cor 4:17-18 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
                          Ps 37:4 Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.

______

Comment

Education

-Education costs money, but then so does ignorance. SIR CLAUS MOSER

-If a man empties his purse into his head, no one can take it from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the highest return. BEN FRANKLIN

Prov 4:7-9 “Wisdom is supreme; therefore get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding. Esteem her, and she will exalt you; embrace her, and she will honor you. She will set a garland of grace on your head and present you with a crown of splendor."

______

Comment

Nothing touches me that has not passed through the hands of my heavenly Father. Nothing! Whatever occurs, God has sovereignly surveyed and approved. Everything I endure is designed to prepare me for serving others more effectively. Everything! - Chuck Swindoll
                              Til we meet in Beulah Land!

"Only one life 'twill soon be past, only what's done for Christ will last"

Comment

Working...
                              X