No announcement yet.

Got some favorite quotes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• -A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both. DWIGHT D. EISENHOWER

John 14:15 "If you love me, you will obey what I command."

Thank you, Mary Rae, for your lovely picture!

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
    ______

Comment

• -Kindness has more power than compulsion. UNK

Eph 4:1-3 As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
      ______

Comment

• Least favorite quote: "Jimmy crack corn, and I don't care."

Comment

• -Neutral men are the devil's allies. E. H. CHAPIN

Rom 14:16 Do not allow what you consider good to be spoken of as evil.
          Prov 31:8 "Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute."
          Is 1:17 learn to do right! Seek justice, encourage the oppressed. Defend the cause of the fatherless, plead the case of the widow.

______

Comment

• -The average man thinks he isn't. L. LORENZONI

Rom 12:3 . . . Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you.

______

Comment

• -I have never known a man, who habitually and on principle absented himself from the public worship of God, who did not sooner or later bring sorrow upon himself or his family. HENRY W. BELLOWS

Prov 19:27 Stop listening to instruction, my son, and you will stray from the words of knowledge.
              Heb 10:24-25 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another--and all the more as you see the Day approaching.

______

Comment

• -Let us assess the two cases: if you win, you win everything: if you lose, you lose nothing. Do not hesitate then: wager that he does exist. BLAISE PASCAL (about betting on God/salvation being real)
                -I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. ALBERT CAMUS
                -Eternity is a long time to be wrong. UNK

Ps 14:1 The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” . . .
                John 8:24 "I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am the one I claim to be, you will indeed die in your sins."
                1 John 5:9-12 We accept man's testimony, but God's testimony is greater because it is the testimony of God, which he has given about his son. Anyone who believes in the son of God has this testimony in his heart. Anyone who does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because he has not believed the testimony God has given about his Son. And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.

______

Comment

• -I am sorry for men who do not read the Bible every day. I wonder why they deprive themselves of the strength and the pleasure. WOODROW WILSON

Ps 119:72 The law from your mouth is more precious to me than thousands of pieces of silver and gold.
                  Ps 19:7 The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul. The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy, making wise the simple.
                  Col 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God.
                  Deut 6:6-7 These commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts. Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up.
                  James 1:25 But the man who looks intently into the perfect law that gives freedom, and continues to do this, not forgetting what he has heard, but doing it--he will be blessed in what he does.

______

Comment

• A friend is someone who knows the song in your
                    heart and can sing it back to you when you have
                    forgotten the words.
                    ~~ C. S. Lewis ~~
                    The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
                    Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
                    (Psa 19:1b-2)

Comment

• Originally posted by Hootmon View Post
                      A friend is someone who knows the song in your
                      heart and can sing it back to you when you have
                      forgotten the words.
                      ~~ C. S. Lewis ~~

______

Comment

• -He is richest who is content with the least. SOCRATES

Phil 4:11-12 . . . I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.
                        Heb 13:5 Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."

______

Comment

• Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                          I got amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before. -Steven Wright
                          Baruch atah Adonai Eloheinu melech haolam --Blessed are you O Lord our God, King of the universe

Comment

• -A sure way for one to lift himself up is by helping to lift someone else. BOOKER T. WASHINGTON

Acts 20:35 I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.

______

Comment

• -I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to my fellow-creatures, let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again. UNK

Mat 25:40 “The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.’”

______

Comment

• -Earth has no sorrow that heaven cannot heal. SIR THOMAS MOORE: "Come, Ye Disconsolate"

1 Cor 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

______

Comment

Working...
                                X