No announcement yet.

Got some favorite quotes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

-The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in the moment of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at the time of challenge and controversy. DR. MARTIN L. KING

Ps 119:143 Trouble and distress have come upon me, but your commands are my delight.

Thank you, Mary Rae, for your lovely picture!

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
    ______

Comment

-Men of genius are admired, men of wealth are envied, men of power are feared; but only men of character are trusted. ALFRED ADLER

2 Cor 8:21 For we are taking pains to do what is right, not only in the eyes of the Lord but also in the eyes of men.

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
      ______

Comment

-This is the final test of a gentleman: his respect for those who can be of no possible service to him. W. L. PHELPS

Phil 2:3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.

______

Comment

-There is more hope for a self-convicted sinner than there is for a self-righteous saint. ANON

Romans 12:3 For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you.

______

Comment

-Age doesn’t always come with wisdom. Sometimes age comes alone. UNK

2 Tim 3:1-7 But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away! For of this sort are those who creep into households and make captives of gullible women loaded down with sins, led away by various lusts, always learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

______

Comment

-You canít walk with God and hold hands with Satan at the same time. UNK

Matthew 6:24 ďNo one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. . . . "

John 14:15 ďIf you love me, you will obey what I command."

______

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger Lily View Post
                This world is the land of the dying; the next is the land of the living. T. EDWARD

Beautiful!

PRAYER - The world's greatest wireless connection

To be almost Saved is to be totally lost

Comment

-The higher we are placed, the more humbly should we walk. CICERO

Job 33:6 I am just like you before God; I too have been taken from clay.

______

Comment

-The greater a personís sense of guilt, the greater his need to cast blame on others. UNK

Luke 6:41-41 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but perceivest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Either how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother's eye.

______

Comment

• -Problems are only opportunities in work clothes. HENRY J. KAISER

Phil 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

______

Comment

• -I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use. GALILEO GALILEI

Eph 5:15-16 Be very careful, then, how you liveónot as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.

______

Comment

• -The hottest coals of fire ever heaped upon the head of one who has wronged you are the coals of human kindness. UNK

Prov 25:21-22 If thine enemy be hungry, give him bread to eat; and if he be thirsty, give him water to drink: For thou shalt heap coals of fire upon his head, and the Lord shall reward thee.

______

Comment

• Comment

• My son tonight says, "Mom's harmless."

Our pastor this morning: "You can have this life. I'm waiting for the next one."
                              Isaiah 26:3 You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wishing4 View Post
                                My son tonight says, "Mom's harmless."

Our pastor this morning: "You can have this life. I'm waiting for the next one."
                                My kids tell me "Mom,you are interesting". Hmmm...I don't know if that is a compliment or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X