Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

Got some favorite quotes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Steve53
    Romans 13:13
    Yes indeed Steve53?

I wasn’t advocating otherwise, my response was based on the OP by Tiger Lily “…Some quotes may be just for fun. …” but if my humour is seen to contradict Romans 13:13, or is deemed offensive, then I would be grateful if you remove my post.

Comment

• Exiles anxious for our native home

-The soul on earth is an immortal guest, compelled to starve at an unreal feast; a pilgrim panting for the rest to come; an exile, anxious for his native home. HANNAH MORE

Ps 143:6 I stretch forth my hands unto thee: my soul thirsteth after thee, as a thirsty land. Selah.
      Ps 42:1-2 (Amp) As the hart pants and longs for the water brooks, so I pant and long for You, O God. My inner self thirsts for God, for the living God. When shall I come and behold the face of God?

Thank you, Mary Rae, for your lovely picture!

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
      ______

Comment

• Painting rosy sunsets

-If I can put one touch of rosy sunset into the life of any man or woman, I shall feel that I have worked with God. G.K. CHESTERTON

Prov 12:25 An anxious heart weighs a man down, but a kind word cheers him up.
        1 Thes 5:11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.
        2 Cor 1:3-4 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.
        Heb 10:24 And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds.
        1 Thes 5:14 And we urge you, brothers and sisters, warn those who are idle and disruptive, encourage the disheartened, help the weak, be patient with everyone.

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
        ______

Comment

• I found an interesting quote written inside a used Bible. Thought I would post it for today's quote.

Kindness and truth

-The greatest kindness I have to offer you is always the truth. UNK

John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
          Prov 16:6 By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the Lord men depart from evil.
          John 8:31-32 . . . Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

______

Comment

• "I am your father...." Darth Vader/Star Wars

Matthew 23:9 NKJV
            Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven.

Isaiah 9:6
            For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

John 10:30
            I and My Father are one.”

John 8:57-59 New King James Version (NKJV)
            57 Then the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?”
            58 Jesus said to them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”
            59 Then they took up stones to throw at Him; but Jesus hid Himself and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

For those who need help with the math; To call oneself by the name of GOD - I AM [The Everpresent Now] is to claim to be GOD.
            The Jewish leadership knew this and for such, tried to immediately stone Jesus for blasphemy.

....And they'd have been right to do so.... if Jesus was lying.......

John 10:37-38New King James Version (NKJV)
            37 If I do not do the works of My Father, do not believe Me;
            38 but if I do, though you do not believe Me, believe the works, that you may know and believe that the Father is in Me, and I in Him.”
            It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”
            sigpic

Comment

• Tiger Lily's post on kindness and truth reminded me of this quote:

"On that best portion of a good man's life,
              His little, nameless, unremembered, acts
              Of kindness and of love."

- William Wordsworth, from "Lines Composed a Few Miles above Tintern Abbey, On Revisiting the Banks of the Wye during a Tour. July 13, 1798"

Matthew 10:42: And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones who is my disciple, truly I tell you, that person will certainly not lose their reward." (NIV)

Galatians 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. (ESV)

James 1:27: Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world. (ESV)

Comment

• And to carry on SumSam's theme of doing nice things for others:

Making hearts happy

-Your greatest pleasure is that which rebounds from hearts that you have made glad. HENRY WARD BEECHER

Acts 20:35 "In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.'"

______

Comment

• A word fitly spoken

-Good words are worth much, and cost little. GEORGE HERBERT

Prov 25:11 A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.
                  Prov 15:23 (Amp) A man has joy in making an apt answer, and a word spoken at the right moment—how good it is!

______

Comment

• Only what’s done for Christ will last

- . . . The money, the education, the houses and cars are all nice, but never forget...they are just things and they stay here. Don’t place any real value [on] anything here, it has never been meant to last. Jesus Christ is absolutely everything. Everything and I mean absolutely everything was HIS to begin with and will always be HIS, we simply rent it. The rental contract is short and the time of the rental is short as well. . . . You must understand, everything here has an “Expiration Date” stamped on it. ONLY what is done for Jesus Christ...will last. Everything else will stay right here. The REAL YOU will be wherever you have chosen to go. DON TWOBEARS*

Matt 6:19-21 "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
                    Ps 49:16-17 Do not be overawed when others grow rich, when the splendor of their houses increases; for they will take nothing with them when they die, their splendor will not descend with them.
                    Mark 8:36 “What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul?”
                    1 Tim 6:7 For we brought nothing into the world, and we can take nothing out of it.
                    Josh 24:15 “And if it seem evil unto you to serve the Lord, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”
                    John 14:6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
                    Rom 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

*From his very interesting new article “For Where Your Treasure Is...?” http://www.raptureready.com/featured...obears186.html

______

Comment

• Trusting God

-Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God. CORRIE TEN BOOM

Ps 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."
                      Ps 20:7 Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God.
                      Prov 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on our own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
                      Is 12:2 “Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The LORD, the LORD, is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation."
                      Is 26:3-4 You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you. Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD, the LORD himself, is the Rock eternal.
                      Jer 17:7-8 "But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit."
                      John 14:1-3 "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.”
                      Rom 15:13 May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

______

Comment

• Our ongoing transformation and our nearness to God

-When it seems as if God is far away, remind yourself that He is near. Nearness is not a matter of geography. God is everywhere. Nearness is likeness. The more we become like the Lord, the nearer He is to us. WARREN WIERSBE

James 4:8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
                        Rom 8:29 For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.
                        2 Cor 3:18 And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.
                        Eph 4:22-24 You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.
                        Phil 2:1-2 If you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any fellowship with the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and purpose.

______

Comment

• The least within the kingdom are still greater than the mightiest without

-And now the kingdom of heaven arises before us in its altogether new dignity, so that he in it who is least is greater than the greatest who are without and at its threshold. RUDOLPH STIER

John 1:12 Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—
                          Rom 8:16-17 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: 17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
                          Gal 3:26-29 So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.
                          Eph 2:19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow-citizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
                          Col 1:12-14 giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light. For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins.
                          Titus 3:3-7 At one time we too were foolish, disobedient, deceived and enslaved by all kinds of passions and pleasures. We lived in malice and envy, being hated and hating one another. But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.
                          Heb 2:11-12 Both the one who makes men holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers. He says, "I will declare your name to my brothers; in the presence of the congregation I will sing your praises."
                          1 John 3:1 How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.
                          Rev 21:7 "Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children."
                          Eph 1:18 I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints.

______

Comment

• Loosening our grip on the things of this world

-I wonder sometimes if God isn’t trying to loosen the grip that many Christians have on this world and the things of this world. Maybe in some large measure this is why God allows certain things to happen......it’s to bring us to that place of disenchantment -- disappointment, really -- in this world so that we’ll sort of be forced to look up. I’m reminded of what Jesus said in Luke 21:28: "When you see these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your head; for your redemption draws nigh." Church, I’ll say it until the trumpet sounds or in my dying breath, whichever comes first, that day is very soon. It’s sooner than any of us, I think, can even begin to imagine. J. D. FARAG

* from his "Mid-East Prophecy Update – October 12th, 2014" (at 23:48 min) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYLCr...gph7Uvjxzngl-g

______

Comment

• Traditional values

-A great many of those who "debunk" traditional values have in the background values of their own which they believe to be immune from the debunking process. C.S. LEWIS

The wrong way
                              Is 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.
                              1 Tim 4:1-2 The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron.
                              2 Tim 4:3-4 For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths.
                              2 Pet 2:1-2 But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them--bringing swift destruction on themselves. Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute.
                              Prov 14:12 There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death.

The right way
                              Ps 119:152 Long ago I learned from your statutes that you established them to last forever.
                              2 Tim 3:16-17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.
                              Matt 7:13-14 "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."

______

Comment

• Sorrows have an Expiration Date, too*

-Our sorrows are all, like ourselves, mortal. There are no immortal sorrows for immortal souls. They come, but blessed be God, they also go. Like birds of the air, they fly over our heads. But they cannot make their abode in our souls. We suffer today, but we shall rejoice tomorrow. CHARLES SPURGEON

2 Cor 4:17-18 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
                                Is 35:10 And the ransomed of the Lord shall return, and come to Zion with songs and everlasting joy upon their heads: they shall obtain joy and gladness, and sorrow and sighing shall flee away.
                                1 Cor 15:51-54 Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed—in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. For the perishable must clothe itself with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality. When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: "Death has been swallowed up in victory."
                                Rev 7:17 "For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; he will lead them to springs of living water. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes."
                                Rev 21:1-5 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, "Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." He who was seated on the throne said, "I am making everything new!" Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true."

*see Don Twobears' quote at Post #879 http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1806...76#post2508676

______

Comment

Working...
                                X