No announcement yet.

Got some favorite quotes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If it's not worth doing, it's not worth doing well.

Comment

• Without goals, you can't have success...my 13 year old grandson (Christmas Day, while sharing some of the goals he has set for himself)

Proud grammy
      sigpic
      I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken because He is right beside me. Ps. 16:8

Comment

• Progress may have been all right once, but it has gone on far too long. -Ogden Nash

Comment

• Archaeology Corroborates the Bible

. . . no archaeological discovery has ever controverted a single biblical reference. Scores of archaeological findings have been made which confirm in clear outline or exact detail historical statements in the Bible. And, by the same token, proper evaluation of biblical descriptions has often led to amazing discoveries. NELSON GLUECK, archaeologist

As quoted in: Henry M. Morris with Henry M. Morris III, Many Infallible Proofs: Practical and Useful Evidences for the Christian Faith (Green Forest, AR: Master Books, 1996) 55-57.

[See http://rr-bb.com/showthread.php?1797...83#post2345683 for related info]

Thank you, Mary Rae, for your lovely picture!

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
          ______

Comment

• A Higher Standard

Hold yourself responsible for a higher standard than anybody expects of you. Never excuse yourself. HENRY WARD BEECHER

2 Cor 13:11 Finally, brothers, good-by. Aim for perfection, listen to my appeal, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you.

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
            ______

Comment

• God bless us every one! - Tiny Tim

Comment

• On giving and getting credit

Prov 3:27 Withhold not good from them to whom it is due, when it is in the power of thine hand to do it.

There is no limit to the good you can do if you don't care who gets the credit. [variously attributed; possibly Ronald Reagan or General George C. Marshall]

Prov 27:2 Let another praise you, and not your own mouth; someone else, and not your own lips.

______

Comment

• On self-love

-Usually he is most empty who is most full of himself. A. G. LAWSON
                  -He that falls in love with himself will have no rivals. B. FRANKLIN

Rom 12:3 For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given you.

______

Comment

• On Peace

No God, no peace. Know God, know peace. UNK

Ps 119:165 Great peace have they who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble.
                    Is 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
                    Is 48:22 "There is no peace," says the LORD, "for the wicked."
                    Gal 5:22-23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. . . .
                    John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.
                    John 16:33 I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.
                    Phil 4:7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
                    Col 3:15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.
                    1 Cor 14:33 For God is not a God of disorder but of peace . . .

______

Comment

• On Interrupting

There cannot be a greater rudeness, than to interrupt another in the current of his discourse . . . JOHN LOCKE

Prov 18:13 He who answers before listening--that is his folly and his shame.

______

Comment

• On The Holy Scriptures

-The Holy Scriptures tell us what we could never learn any other way: they tell us what we are, who we are, how we got here, why we are here and what we are required to do while we remain here. A. W. TOZER

Ps 119:105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

______

Comment

• -The strength of a man consists in finding out the way God is going, and going that way. H. W. BEECHER

2 Thes 1:11 With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may count you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may fulfill every good purpose of yours and every act prompted by your faith.
                          2 Thes 3:13 And as for you, brothers, never tire of doing what is right.
                          Heb 13:20-21 May the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
                          1 Pet 4:11 If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen.
                          Phil 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

______

Comment

• Leadership

-If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader. JOHN QUINCY ADAMS

Ex 18:20-21 "Teach them the decrees and laws, and show them the way to live and the duties they are to perform. But select capable men from all the people--men who fear God, trustworthy men who hate dishonest gain--and appoint them as officials over thousands, hundreds, fifties and tens."
                            2 Chr 1:10 "Give me wisdom and knowledge, that I may lead this people, for who is able to govern this great people of yours?"
                            Prov 10:7 The memory of the righteous will be a blessing, but the name of the wicked will rot.
                            Prov 29:2 When the righteous thrive, the people rejoice; when the wicked rule, the people groan.
                            Eccl 8:9 . . . There is a time when a man lords it over others to his own hurt.
                            2 Sam 23:3-4 " . . . 'When one rules over men in righteousness, when he rules in the fear of God, he is like the light of morning at sunrise on a cloudless morning, like the brightness after rain that brings the grass from the earth.'"

______

Comment

• Discernment

-Discernment is not knowing the difference between right and wrong. It is knowing the difference between right and almost right. CHARLES H. SPURGEON

Ps 119:125 I am your servant; give me discernment that I may understand your statutes.
                              Prov 3:21-24 My son, preserve sound judgment and discernment, do not let them out of your sight; they will be life for you . . .Then you will go on your way in safety, and your foot will not stumble; when you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.
                              Prov 8:8-9 All the words of my mouth are just; none of them is crooked or perverse. To the discerning all of them are right; they are faultless to those who have knowledge.
                              Heb 5:14 But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.
                              1 John 3:7-10 Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. He who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous. He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work. No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God. This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not a child of God; nor is anyone who does not love his brother.
                              Lam 3:40 Let us examine our ways and test them, and let us return to the LORD.
                              1 John 4:1-4 Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world. You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.
                              2 Cor 11:13-15 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, masquerading as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve.
                              James 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him.
                              Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
                              1 Thes 5:21-22 Test everything. Hold on to the good. Avoid every kind of evil.
                              Acts 17:11 Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.
                              Rom 12:2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.

______

Comment

• Heavenly Reunions

-Those who live in the Lord never see each other for the last time. GERMAN PROVERB
                                -Christ has made of death a narrow, starlit strip between the companionships of yesterday and the reunions of tomorrow. W. J. BRYAN
                                -Death to the Christian is the funeral of all his sorrows and evils, and the resurrection of all his joys. J. H. AUGHEY

Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
                                2 Cor 4:17-18 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
                                Ps 16:11 You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.

______

Comment

Working...
                                X