Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How old are you?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    60 years young.
    sigpicTherefore being justified by faith, we have peace
    with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:" Romans 5:1.

    Comment


    • #17
      Seeing jonshaff's age reminded me of a funny thing that happened to me when I was in college. When I was in the ballet class locker room, one of the other students asked me how old I was. When I told her I was 28, she just positively GUSHED at how she hoped she looked as good as I did when SHE was 28. You would have thought 28-year-olds had one foot in the grave! What I'd give to be "that old" and that skinny again!!!

      Thank you, Mary Rae, for your lovely picture!

      "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
      ______

      Comment


      • #18
        I thought there would be more of us in the 30-39 catagory
        For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Cor 1:18

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Tiger Lily View Post
          Seeing jonshaff's age reminded me of a funny thing that happened to me when I was in college. When I was in the ballet class locker room, one of the other students asked me how old I was. When I told her I was 28, she just positively GUSHED at how she hoped she looked as good as I did when SHE was 28. You would have thought 28-year-olds had one foot in the grave! What I'd give to be "that old" and that skinny again!!!
          lol...that is funny! Hey, I'm 27 been married for 6 years, have a 5 and 3 year old (praise God) and I work 60 hrs a week AND go to school full time and I'm the youth Pastor, SS coordinator and young adult teacher...sometimes I FEEL like I have one foot in the grave...ha ha..

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by jonshaff View Post
            lol...that is funny! Hey, I'm 27 been married for 6 years, have a 5 and 3 year old (praise God) and I work 60 hrs a week AND go to school full time and I'm the youth Pastor, SS coordinator and young adult teacher...sometimes I FEEL like I have one foot in the grave...ha ha..
            WOW!!! We need a smiley holding a candle burning on both ends!

            Thank you, Mary Rae, for your lovely picture!

            "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
            ______

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Tiger Lily View Post
              WOW!!! We need a smiley holding a candle burning on both ends!
              Lol...I wouldn't want it any other way tho! God is so great! He gives me the strength I need!

              Comment


              • #22
                I'm 32, been saved since I was 8.
                sigpic“My Father's will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.” (John 6:40)


                BTW, my son is a junior in high school!

                Comment


                • #23
                  Think I 'fessed up to my age in a post just a couple of days ago so I'm guessing it may have sparked off Tiger Lily to create this thread I turned 65 in February but have to admit in my mind's eye view of myself I'm stuck around 39!!!! Don't ask me why, but I got a big shock when I turned 60 and found that from then on I tend to mumble my age when I absolutely have to give it I always tell kids when they ask that I am as old as my tongue and a little bit older than my teeth

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Poppycat View Post
                    Think I 'fessed up to my age in a post just a couple of days ago so I'm guessing it may have sparked off Tiger Lily to create this thread . . .

                    Thank you, Mary Rae, for your lovely picture!

                    "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
                    ______

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Thought so Tiger Lily, no flies on me - can't even see where they've been whats more

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Poppycat View Post
                        Think I 'fessed up to my age in a post just a couple of days ago so I'm guessing it may have sparked off Tiger Lily to create this thread I turned 65 in February but have to admit in my mind's eye view of myself I'm stuck around 39!!!! Don't ask me why, but I got a big shock when I turned 60 and found that from then on I tend to mumble my age when I absolutely have to give it I always tell kids when they ask that I am as old as my tongue and a little bit older than my teeth
                        Hey, at least you DO remember how old you are. Sometimes I have to stop and think. What's almost scary is the times when I even have to stop and subtract my birth year from the current year to ensure I am stating the correct age.

                        Yes. My memory is kinda broke-ted. Some days more broke-ted than others

                        Thank you, Mary Rae, for your lovely picture!

                        "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
                        ______

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Tiger Lily View Post
                          Hey, at least you DO remember how old you are. Sometimes I have to stop and think. What's almost scary is the times when I even have to stop and subtract my birth year from the current year to ensure I am stating the correct age.

                          Yes. My memory is kinda broke-ted. Some days more broke-ted than others
                          I think I kinda hinted that sometimes I don't remember my age because I'm stuck in the age 39 time warp and so it does often mean I have to stop and think about how old I really am So, yeah, I also have to sometimes work out from my birth year how old I am.

                          Doesn't anyone else have a mental image of themselves at a certain age or is that just a me thing????

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Poppycat View Post
                            I think I kinda hinted that sometimes I don't remember my age because I'm stuck in the age 39 time warp and so it does often mean I have to stop and think about how old I really am So, yeah, I also have to sometimes work out from my birth year how old I am.

                            Doesn't anyone else have a mental image of themselves at a certain age or is that just a me thing????
                            This tickles my funny bone. Maybe it will tickle your funny bone AND answer your question.

                            Classmates?

                            While waiting for my first appointment in the reception room of my new dentist, I noticed his certificate hanging on the wall. It gave his full name. Thinking hard, I remembered that a tall, handsome boy with the same name had been in my high school class some 36 years ago.

                            Upon seeing him, however, I quickly discarded any such thought. This balding, grey-haired man with the deeply lined face was way too old to have been my classmate.

                            After he had examined my teeth, I asked him if he had attended the local high school. "Yes," he replied.

                            "When did you graduate?" I asked.

                            He answered, "In 1971. Why?"

                            "You were in my class!" I exclaimed.

                            He peered at me intently over the top of his glasses and then the thoughtless idiot asked, "What did you teach?"

                            Thank you, Mary Rae, for your lovely picture!

                            "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
                            ______

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Oh stop Tiger Lily, that is side achingly funny

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                It hasn't escaped my attention Tiger Lily that you are very coy in describing your age as 'late category five'. Told you you can run but you can't hide a few days ago

                                (Alright, who pinched the run for the hills smilicon?????? Can't find it.)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X