Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

Boomers: Choose your favorite TV and comic heroes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see that a lot of us nerds like star trek
    For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Cor 1:18

Comment

Originally posted by Jlutz View Post
      I see that a lot of us nerds like star trek
      Yes! Kirk, Spock, Bones, Scotty, Picard, Riker, Data, etc., etc.

Live long and prosper!

Thank you, Mary Rae, for your lovely picture!

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
      ______

Comment

The Amazing Adventures of Little Batman

Hey Batman fans, I just found this a few minutes ago. This little movie is a hoot (total time aprx. 25 minutes). Children play most of the parts, including the villains. The Batman actor and Catwoman actress are especially good.

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
        ______

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Timbers View Post
          Pop-Eye
          Caspar the Friendly Ghost
          Mighty Mouse
          OH YES,Might Mouse.....Here he comes to save the day.

Comment

You know what I just realized? Maybe there are just tons and tons of comic books in Heaven! How fun! I don't know if they would still interest me as much as they used to when I was little. My cousins used to have oodles and oodles of comics, especially Superman, Supergirl and Batman ones and I used to love to read them when we went over there!

______

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger Lily View Post
              You know what I just realized? Maybe there are just tons and tons of comic books in Heaven! How fun! I don't know if they would still interest me as much as they used to when I was little. My cousins used to have oodles and oodles of comics, especially Superman, Supergirl and Batman ones and I used to love to read them when we went over there!
              I loved comic books as a kid as well.Especially Archie,Donald Duck and Scrooge.Some of the new comic books are not very appropriate now.Their was a thread about them recently on RR.

Comment

Originally posted by IMSAVED View Post
                I loved comic books as a kid as well.Especially Archie,Donald Duck and Scrooge.Some of the new comic books are not very appropriate now.Their was a thread about them recently on RR.
                Yes, I was thinking while doing that post that if there are comics in Heaven, there would not be bad stuff in them. A while back I read something about a new character being introduced into comics that I would not even want to describe. Anyway, only good content in Heaven!

Hey, I used to like Archie comics, too!

______

Comment

I was born in late '64, so i missed being a boomer. I voted for the Lone Ranger, and the Six Million Dollar Man. they were my favorites as a child.

As for my favorite heroes in tv and comics:

John Locke- Lost
                  Officer Rick Grimes- The Walking Dead (tv never read the comic)
                  Captain Malcolm Reynolds- Firefly
                  Spiderman
                  Blade
                  The Punisher

That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
                  And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Philippians 2:10-11

Comment

Prodigal - I realized after I had created the poll that I had forgotten Spiderman!

______

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger Lily View Post
                      Prodigal - I realized after I had created the poll that I had forgotten Spiderman!
                      That's ok, i figured it was an oversite. I get my sarcastic side from all the Spidy comics i read as a kid.

That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
                      And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Philippians 2:10-11

Comment

Hey, what about The Phantom - The Ghost Who Walks !!!! Was never allowed to buy them (comic books) but used to borrow them. Also Archie, Spiderman, The Flash. Was more of a tomboy than I thought

Comment

My heroes have always been cowboys. And sometimes Indians!
                          Grew up in the 50's with all the classic western series. Sometimes
                          the horse was the hero! Ahhh, memories....

Return with us now to those thrilling days of yesteryear
                          Baruch atah Adonai Eloheinu melech haolam --Blessed are you O Lord our God, King of the universe

Comment

Momas, don't let your babies grow up.....

Yep I remember cowboys, tire swing horses, leaver action bb guns.....
                            and army guys were like that - tanks instead of horses, and you didn't have to reload as much...

then came chrome jets...rockets....Tobor the 8th man, Ultraman, Star Trek, Captain Scarlett, Space 1999....

then Neal Armstrong took his step....

I'm glad we have a horse. All I need now is a wrentch, clockworks, keys, and a lever action magnito powered ray gun..... steampunk is so cool.
                            It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IamHis View Post
                              My heroes have always been cowboys. And sometimes Indians!
                              Grew up in the 50's with all the classic western series. Sometimes
                              the horse was the hero! Ahhh, memories....

Return with us now to those thrilling days of yesteryear
                              For IamHis:

______

Comment

Originally posted by Wally View Post
                                . . . Tobor the 8th man . . .
                                For Captain Wally:

______

Comment

Working...
                                X