Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boiled okra!! Beyond disgusting!!!

Comment

Not a huge fan of beggies, but I will eat some like carrots or green beans in lottsa butter.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger Lily View Post
        Okra is my least favorite because it is so slimy. Is it not slimy if it is fried?
        It's delicious fried, but fried foods aren't good for me, so I seldom have fried okra.

Pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:17

A closed mouth gathers no feet. Unknown

Inside there's a thin woman trying to get out.
        I'm keeping her sedated with chocolate

Comment

I just can't tolerate brussels sprouts at all. Or beets. Just the thought makes me wanna barf.

Pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:17

A closed mouth gathers no feet. Unknown

Inside there's a thin woman trying to get out.
          I'm keeping her sedated with chocolate

Comment

I really like most vegetables except canned spinach and peas. Boiled okra is disgusting too -- too slimy. I think it's really only good fried, but I don't eat fried stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by MezzerClaw View Post
              Not a huge fan of beggies, but I will eat some like carrots or green beans in lottsa butter.
              Beggies??? Are those related to barfoofs?

Thank you, Mary Rae, for your lovely picture!

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
              ______

Comment

Originally posted by HisMusician View Post
                I like to use green peppers but red or yellow peppers could be used. Then you cut the thing into four slices, like bread and fill it with ham, cheese, or nuts. It makes a pretty good snack!
                Interesting. I like stuffed bell peppers. I guess it's sort of the same principle, only not cooked.

Originally posted by Atavist
                My only food is meat.*
                Plants are what food eats.:heh

Originally posted by jadeeyes View Post
                It's delicious fried, but fried foods aren't good for me, so I seldom have fried okra.
                So, is it not slimy if it is fried?

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
                ______

Comment

What I wanna know is how many of the okra-hating people are Southerners. Gumbo, stewed okra with shrimp, fried okra, and yes even boiled okra, are some of my absolute favorite dishes. I'm shocked to see it's got a 48% hate-rate. I was sure that would be asparagus!

Comment

Beggies??? Are those related to barfoofs?
                    Yup! that's what we eat in Barfoofville!

Comment

Originally posted by ComeLordJesus View Post
                      What I wanna know is how many of the okra-hating people are Southerners. Gumbo, stewed okra with shrimp, fried okra, and yes even boiled okra, are some of my absolute favorite dishes. I'm shocked to see it's got a 48% hate-rate. I was sure that would be asparagus!
                      I am not a Southerner. My daughter and I were shopping once and she wanted to know what okra was, so I bought some so she could try it. She took ONE bite. For some reason she lost interest after that.

So, did I cook it wrong? (I boiled it) Is there a way to cook it where it isn't slimy?

______

Comment

Is this a trick question aren't squash and peppers fruit?

Comment

I am not a Southerner. My daughter and I were shopping once and she wanted to know what okra was, so I bought some so she could try it. She took ONE bite. For some reason she lost interest after that.

So, did I cook it wrong? (I boiled it) Is there a way to cook it where it isn't slimy?
                          I'll give you a pass. Even my aunt is just starting to like okra after 58 years. Strange that she nevertheless cooks some of the best stewed okra on the planet.

I'm not much of a cook. Stewed okra is stir fried on the stovetop in a cast iron skillet until the diced okra, spicy tomatoes, shrimp, ham, onions, etc. sweats down into a dry stew. It's still a little slimy.

Fried okra is battered and deep fried. It's not so slimy at all but it's only good hot and fresh.

Comment

OK, here is my BAD list:
                            Peas, Lima Beans, Squash, and radishes. I'll eat pretty much everything else, but I do demand that an animal die for my every meal.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMannn View Post
                              OK, here is my BAD list:
                              Peas, Lima Beans, Squash, and radishes. I'll eat pretty much everything else, but I do demand that an animal die for my every meal.
                              Thx Mr Mannn, now I'm gonna have a guilt trip every time I look at a cheeseburger!

Comment

Originally posted by ComeLordJesus View Post
                                I'll give you a pass. Even my aunt is just starting to like okra after 58 years. Strange that she nevertheless cooks some of the best stewed okra on the planet.

I'm not much of a cook. Stewed okra is stir fried on the stovetop in a cast iron skillet until the diced okra, spicy tomatoes, shrimp, ham, onions, etc. sweats down into a dry stew. It's still a little slimy.

Fried okra is battered and deep fried. It's not so slimy at all but it's only good hot and fresh.
                                Okay CLJ--thanks for explaining

______

Comment

Working...
                                X