Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kjlistrom View Post
    Mule deer and Elk hunting

I'm starting to get pumped up, I need a spike bull in my freezer.
    do you use a gun or bow for the mulies and elk?

Comment

Praise God! I've killed 2 deer so far! Great meat in the freezer!

Comment

Originally posted by jonshaff View Post
        Praise God! I've killed 2 deer so far! Great meat in the freezer!
        *Predator roar*

I better get one this year. I saw some last year but didn't get a good shooting situation.
        No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn... Isaiah 54.17

A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
        Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
        Psalm 91:7-8

What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
        Romans 8:31

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorX View Post
          Is it true that mule deer are more "dumb" than white tail and stand there staring at you long after a white tail would have bolted? lol.
          I lived in MN for 45 years and have taken about 25 white tails. I don't think I ever shot one that wasn't running.
          Mule deer for the most part will stand there and look at you for quite some time before they run off. I don't think their "dumb" they just don't get pushed like white tails do in farming areas. As for elk, elk are where you find them. That's about all I can say for them. The last 5 by 5 I shot was 2 miles up the side of a Mt. from where I parked my Jeep and marked the GPS. I got every bit of that elk out of there except the hooves and the guts. Sence than, I shoot little spikes, even if there was a big 6 by 6 standing there to.

Comment

Originally posted by jonshaff View Post
            do you use a gun or bow for the mulies and elk?
            I shoot a Ruger # 1 single shot in a 7mm Mag. I bought in 1978.

Comment

Bagged an 8-pointer a little bit bigger than the one I got in 2010 this morning. This one doesn't have screwed up antlers lol. Symmetrical.
              No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn... Isaiah 54.17

A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
              Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
              Psalm 91:7-8

What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
              Romans 8:31

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorX View Post
                Bagged an 8-pointer a little bit bigger than the one I got in 2010 this morning. This one doesn't have screwed up antlers lol. Symmetrical.
                Awesome bro! Congrats!

Comment

Last Wednesday morning my mighty hunter husband got a 5 x 5 elk with his bow! Wish I knew how to post a picture so I could show y'all.

He bugled it in and shot it at 30 yards. I helped him pack it out...Probably 1.5 miles of steeeeeep Idaho terrain. I've never worked so hard in all my life. Took us 7 hours to quarter it and pack it out.

Praise the Lord!

Now we have 5 deer tags to fill. Eric put in for an extra doe tag and got it.

Comment

Praising the Lord for His provision! Yesterday our 12 yr old son shot his first deer. From about 150 yards he got a doe on the first shot.

Then this morning as my husband was heading out for work I saw a little buck on the hillside behind the house. (We live in the country with 10 acres) So I woke up our daughter, she went out on the deck, and got it from about 30 yards on the first shot. I'm just a proud mama right now. After years of practice and hunting they were able to put meat in our freezer for winter. Praise the Lord!

I also field dressed it on my own, which is a first.

Comment

Great Day

Originally posted by Koalie View Post
                      Praising the Lord for His provision! Yesterday our 12 yr old son shot his first deer. From about 150 yards he got a doe on the first shot.

Then this morning as my husband was heading out for work I saw a little buck on the hillside behind the house. (We live in the country with 10 acres) So I woke up our daughter, she went out on the deck, and got it from about 30 yards on the first shot. I'm just a proud mama right now. After years of practice and hunting they were able to put meat in our freezer for winter. Praise the Lord!

I also field dressed it on my own, which is a first.
                      Beautiful day, children raised to be a bit self sufficient. This will build their self confidence greatly. I'm proud of them too.
                      My husband is in a w/c so I do his field dressing too. It is not difficult, just takes time. Great going on helping them learn life skills too. Next year help them with learning the field dressing.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                        Beautiful day, children raised to be a bit self sufficient. This will build their self confidence greatly. I'm proud of them too.
                        My husband is in a w/c so I do his field dressing too. It is not difficult, just takes time. Great going on helping them learn life skills too. Next year help them with learning the field dressing.
                        Thanks Juniper! I agree about the kids learning to field dress and skin it themselves! While I was field dressing it Hannah was ten feet away gagging. I'm kind of weird because I actually love that sort of stuff. As a dental assistant I absolutely loved the surgeries, and the bloodiest were best. I'd rather help out with an implant or extraction over a boring root canal.

The thing that creeped me out the most were the ticks I kept finding on it. Why oh why did the Lord make ticks??

Comment

Turkey food?

Originally posted by Koalie View Post
                          Thanks Juniper! I agree about the kids learning to field dress and skin it themselves! While I was field dressing it Hannah was ten feet away gagging. I'm kind of weird because I actually love that sort of stuff. As a dental assistant I absolutely loved the surgeries, and the bloodiest were best. I'd rather help out with an implant or extraction over a boring root canal.

The thing that creeped me out the most were the ticks I kept finding on it. Why oh why did the Lord make ticks??
                          He made them for turkey food...they eat them...raise turkeys.

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
                            He made them for turkey food...they eat them...raise turkeys.
                            Well, we have wild turkeys all over but the ticks still appear. We have chickens too, and for two years I had them free ranging so they could eat the ticks. The stinkin chickens would get up on our deck and poo. Plus they'd lay their eggs all over our property, so Eric just built a bigger coop and now they're stuck in the coop of poop all day!

Comment

Working...
                            X