Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

Bow/Gun hunting success 2012!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bow/Gun hunting success 2012!

I thought it would be a cool idea if anyone hunts to have a Thread where we can praise God, discuss our trials, and give eachother tips during our hunting seasons!

October 1st here in Oklahoma kicks off Whitetail bow season, and I'm starting to get that fever!

Originally posted by jonshaff View Post
    I thought it would be a cool idea if anyone hunts to have a Thread where we can praise God, discuss our trials, and give eachother tips during our hunting seasons!

October 1st here in Oklahoma kicks off Whitetail bow season, and I'm starting to get that fever!
    I don't hunt but I have a friend who comes out to our farm to bow hunt. He put up a tree stand last year but hasn't had a chance to use it yet. Deer season started this past weekend (Oregon) and we have quite a population this year.

Comment

Originally posted by NoProvision View Post
      I don't hunt but I have a friend who comes out to our farm to bow hunt. He put up a tree stand last year but hasn't had a chance to use it yet. Deer season started this past weekend (Oregon) and we have quite a population this year.
      Wow, that's early! I hope the best for him!

Comment

Dove season comes first, Teal, duck, turkey and then deer in November.

Comment

Missouri Bow Season starts on September 15. Firearm November Portion is November 10 -20. (that's my bag). And we have a "Firearms Deer Alternative Methods Portion" (formerly just Muzzle Loader Portion) December 15-25. You also have "antlerless" and Youth portions mixed in around them.

I'm hoping the drought made food just scarce enough to make them want to travel around more to find it so they'll pass through while we wait more often than usual lol. That is if that theory works out...

I only started hunting in 2006 and didn't get one until 2010. It had already been shot in the backside the weekend before (opening day November Portion) so it was a little slower than normal getting up off the ground. I basically put it out of its misery. It was still an 8-point, just a smaller one. Being shot, it appeared, to have gotten it "out of the mood" (who/what wouldn't be? lol) and it didn't have the usual swelled-neck of the rut at the time.

I saw a few last year but they were never good shots. Some where across the fence in the neighboring property and the first two I encountered were during a time of the evening when it was too dark. One across the field was being obscured by the sky in my scope and the other one was in a dark pine thicket but so close I could have hit it with a rock without trying. It jumped up and snorted and I couldn't see it for anything. But at least a knew I wasn't alone in that area lol.
          No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn... Isaiah 54.17

A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
          Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
          Psalm 91:7-8

What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
          Romans 8:31

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorX View Post
            Missouri Bow Season starts on September 15. Firearm November Portion is November 10 -20. (that's my bag). And we have a "Firearms Deer Alternative Methods Portion" (formerly just Muzzle Loader Portion) December 15-25. You also have "antlerless" and Youth portions mixed in around them.

I'm hoping the drought made food just scarce enough to make them want to travel around more to find it so they'll pass through while we wait more often than usual lol. That is if that theory works out...

I only started hunting in 2006 and didn't get one until 2010. It had already been shot in the backside the weekend before (opening day November Portion) so it was a little slower than normal getting up off the ground. I basically put it out of its misery. It was still an 8-point, just a smaller one. Being shot, it appeared, to have gotten it "out of the mood" (who/what wouldn't be? lol) and it didn't have the usual swelled-neck of the rut at the time.

I saw a few last year but they were never good shots. Some where across the fence in the neighboring property and the first two I encountered were during a time of the evening when it was too dark. One across the field was being obscured by the sky in my scope and the other one was in a dark pine thicket but so close I could have hit it with a rock without trying. It jumped up and snorted and I couldn't see it for anything. But at least a knew I wasn't alone in that area lol.
            Good luck this year! Missouri has some good deer from what I've heard. Patience is key...enjoy God's creation, its awesome to praise Him while being out there

Comment

Good luck this year! Missouri has some good deer from what I've heard. Patience is key...enjoy God's creation, its awesome to praise Him while being out there
              My deer harvester is a Winchester 94 Ranger .30-30 with a Simmons Blazer 3-9x32 scope. By estimating the serial number it was made in 1984. I got it in 2005 used at a pawn shop for $193 including tax. You probably couldn't touch them for that low of a price now. lol.
              No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn... Isaiah 54.17

A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

Comment

My deer harvester is a Winchester 94 Ranger .30-30 with a Simmons Blazer 3-9x32 scope. By estimating the serial number it was made in 1984. I got it in 2005 used at a pawn shop for $193 including tax. You probably couldn't touch them for that low of a price now. lol.
                Awesome gun, and what a steal! I have shot a couple with a 30-30. A lot of people in Oklahoma use them. As for me, Mossberg 30-06, my favorite! I have a 3-9x50 offbrand scope.

I also shoot a new model Bear compound bow...with Montec broadheads

Comment

Awesome gun, and what a steal! I have shot a couple with a 30-30. A lot of people in Oklahoma use them. As for me, Mossberg 30-06, my favorite! I have a 3-9x50 offbrand scope.

I also shoot a new model Bear compound bow...with Montec broadheads
                  About that year or the one after I got another steal. A Norinco SKS with 103 rounds and a stripper clip for $100 cash. The previous owner before the guy I bought it from said his son took a deer with it also. So I have at least two blooded rifles lol.

Comment

Only 10 more days until bow season here in MO!!
                    I usually don't get to excited about it until the weather cools and the bucks start moving more during daylight hours.
                    I have been seeing alot of does and fawns and a couple of small bucks close to my house.
                    If we get a nice cold front in late Sep/early Oct., then I might go out and try to shoot a doe or two for the freezer.

Hope everyone has a safe season! Good luck to all!!

-Brian

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter View Post
                      Only 10 more days until bow season here in MO!!
                      I usually don't get to excited about it until the weather cools and the bucks start moving more during daylight hours.
                      I have been seeing alot of does and fawns and a couple of small bucks close to my house.
                      If we get a nice cold front in late Sep/early Oct., then I might go out and try to shoot a doe or two for the freezer.

Hope everyone has a safe season! Good luck to all!!

-Brian
                      Did you see that in North-Central MO they've got 6 counties locked up for Cronic Wasting Disease? They've got confirmed accounts up there. I found that strange since the last number of years they've kept saying there was no confirmed cases of it. That sucks for them up there. They have to take special precautions to keep it contained. Glad I'm keeping my hunts in Madison and Bolinger counties.

Comment

Did you see that in North-Central MO they've got 6 counties locked up for Cronic Wasting Disease? They've got confirmed accounts up there. I found that strange since the last number of years they've kept saying there was no confirmed cases of it. That sucks for them up there. They have to take special precautions to keep it contained. Glad I'm keeping my hunts in Madison and Bolinger counties.
                        Yea, I read that in this month's Conservationist. Too bad for them. The MDC suspended the Antler Point Restrictions for several counties in that area due to the outbreak.
                        I normally only hunt in Webster, Greene, Taney, Christian, and Pulaski counties.
                        I've heard of a lot of deer being found dead in Taney and Stone counties near water (ponds, creeks, etc.). Sounds like another outbreak of Blue-Tongue.

Have a good season,
                        Brian

Comment

Mule deer and Elk hunting

I'm starting to get pumped up, I need a spike bull in my freezer.

Comment

Originally posted by kjlistrom View Post
                            Mule deer and Elk hunting

I'm starting to get pumped up, I need a spike bull in my freezer.
                            Is it true that mule deer are more "dumb" than white tail and stand there staring at you long after a white tail would have bolted? lol.

Comment

About that year or the one after I got another steal. A Norinco SKS with 103 rounds and a stripper clip for $100 cash. The previous owner before the guy I bought it from said his son took a deer with it also. So I have at least two blooded rifles lol.
                              $100 for an SKS is really good, too. Their price keeps rising. I remember when $100 was the going rate...now it's more than double that.

Comment

Working...
                              X