No announcement yet.

Any baseball guys here?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope the Braves don't experiance another end-of season meltdown again. By the way, thanks to the Braves the Rangers wouldn't be in the World Series back to back seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
      I'm a Braves fan!! Looking forward to baseball season.
      Me too...have been for 30 years.

Regards,
      Joel
      Matt. 7:21
      2 Cor. 5:21

Comment

MN Twins fan since the mid 60's, been to many of their games.

Comment

Yankees and Phillies fan here! I use to not admit the Phillies were my first love (of baseball) even tho as a kid we'd always go, and I'd love watching the philly phanatic!

Comment

Oriole fan since 1965.

Comment

Play Ball !!!

Yeah, you might say I'm a fan. I have a second cousin who made Cooperstown. You guys wouldn't recognize him (played in the 1930's) ~~ no, I never saw him play.
              I always played second -- on sandlots, high school and American legion. That was what I did in my teens!
              I was born and raised in central Illinois and grew up with the StL. Cardinals. I remember going to Sportsman's Park and seeing Musial, Schoendist, Marion,Slaughter, Boyer, etc, play. Of course, Stan "The Man" was my favorite and still is. He was a real sportsman and gentleman besides being a great player.
              Needless to say, I enjoyed the 2011 baseball season. I live near St. Louis so I was able to take in a few games. I always had a problem with LaRussa, maybe it was his Calif. attitude. I'm looking forward to Matheny's first year. I think he'll do alright. I always liked him as a catcher.

I'm ready for some baseball !!!
              1Co 15:52 in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we will be changed!

Comment

Originally posted by Dan the Elder View Post
                Yeah, you might say I'm a fan. I have a second cousin who made Cooperstown. You guys wouldn't recognize him (played in the 1930's) ~~ no, I never saw him play.
                I always played second -- on sandlots, high school and American legion. That was what I did in my teens!
                I was born and raised in central Illinois and grew up with the StL. Cardinals. I remember going to Sportsman's Park and seeing Musial, Schoendist, Marion,Slaughter, Boyer, etc, play. Of course, Stan "The Man" was my favorite and still is. He was a real sportsman and gentleman besides being a great player.
                Needless to say, I enjoyed the 2011 baseball season. I live near St. Louis so I was able to take in a few games. I always had a problem with LaRussa, maybe it was his Calif. attitude. I'm looking forward to Matheny's first year. I think he'll do alright. I always liked him as a catcher.

I could have almost written this. I don't have any relatives in cooperstown though. I haven't noticed any cub fans here. Oh, they haven't won any games yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan the Elder View Post

I remember how dominating Bob Gibson was in the late 60s. I think I had heard that the pitchers mound was 15" higher when he pitched. We took a trip to Cooperstown a while ago. I was a big fan of Roberto Clemente and Bill Mazeroski who were both Pirates.
                  John 13:35
                  By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

Comment

I'm not a guy (), but I do love baseball, especially St. Louis Cardinals baseball! I work in downtown St. Louis about 4 blocks from Busch Stadium, so I can hear the fireworks explode if someone hits a home run during a day game. I have my own Cardinals blog - PM me if you're interested in reading it. The Cards-Marlins opening day game is on ESPN tomorrow night, so don't forget to tune in! Nate C, I don't think we'll miss Albert at all. Berkman will be great on defense at 1st, since he's played there before, and Beltran's bat will pick up the offense. Hopefully, David Freese won't get hurt this year.

My DD committed the ultimate act of baseball rebellion when she decided to be a Cubs fan for awhile, but she eventually came back from the Dark Side and is again a Cardinals fan. (Wish she'd come back to the Bright Side away from the Dark Side of witchcraft, paganism and lesbianism, prayers would be appreciated for that.)

Comment

I loved baseball since childhood. I grew up in Northern Mn., every small town had a baseball team. Sunday ritual, get up, do the chores, eat breakfast, go to church, go to the ball game in the afternoon.
                      Milwaukee Braves, 1957 beat the NY Yankees in the World Series, I'll never forget it. I was only 8 y.o., but I remember how absolutely excited my Dad was. Was a good Christmas that year. lol.

Being from Minn., I've always been a Twins fan, but I had many pet favorites as well, teams that were just fun to watch.
                      Unfortunately the steroid nonsense completely stripped my childlike enthusiasm for the game, that and the ridiculous amount of money some players think they are worth. I still follow the game, and I enjoy the playoffs and the WS, but I no longer get excited about the game like I use to.

Comment

Originally posted by Diane 1611 View Post
                        I'm not a guy (), but I do love baseball, especially St. Louis Cardinals baseball! I work in downtown St. Louis about 4 blocks from Busch Stadium, so I can hear the fireworks explode if someone hits a home run during a day game. I have my own Cardinals blog - PM me if you're interested in reading it. The Cards-Marlins opening day game is on ESPN tomorrow night, so don't forget to tune in! Nate C, I don't think we'll miss Albert at all. Berkman will be great on defense at 1st, since he's played there before, and Beltran's bat will pick up the offense. Hopefully, David Freese won't get hurt this year.

My DD committed the ultimate act of baseball rebellion when she decided to be a Cubs fan for awhile, but she eventually came back from the Dark Side and is again a Cardinals fan. (Wish she'd come back to the Bright Side away from the Dark Side of witchcraft, paganism and lesbianism, prayers would be appreciated for that.)
                        Hi Diane, I have enjoyed your posts over the years. Will pray for your DD.

Comment

Originally posted by sparks View Post
                          Hi Diane, I have enjoyed your posts over the years. Will pray for your DD.
                          Thank you for both, sparks.

Comment

No cheating in heaven...

I enjoy baseball. I pray that there will be alot of ex-pro baseball players in heaven...meet Gary Carter and be able to hit a homerun in heaven and then give thanks to Jesus as I round the bags. Fun! I am ready for the rapture more than anything...even seeing the Braves win it all again here on earth.
                            'For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, now will I arise, saith the LORD; I will set him in safety from him that puffeth at him.' PSALM 12:5.

Comment

Too bad for Rivera. Not a Yankees fan, but the man is a class act, Christian, hard worker, and the best to ever play his position.

Comment

i agree, too bad o Rivera. I'm a Red Sox fan so it normally would be hard for me to praise a spankee, but Rivera is a great man.

My Sox are imploding early this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X