The Gun Toter's thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Florian9 View Post
    The Firearms Act of 1934 is blatantly Unconstitutional with regard to barrel lengths. IMHO almost all NRA advocates would want the tax stamps tossed out for SBR's and silencers. And I know what you mean about being rendered deaf with an indoor gunshot. Several years ago at an indoor range the rangemaster called for everybody to cease fire and back away from the lanes so he could fix a stuck target down range. Everybody took off their hearing protection to hear him speak and the dude next to me fires one last shot out of his 308 - my right ear hasn't been the same since.
    A 308 on an indoor range? Must be one heck of a range.
    I would have been wearing double hearing protection. As a rule, I avoid indoor ranges like the plague. Too expensive, too many rules, too many hazards, and on some, too many cameras.
    I learned about indoor gunshots when I took a shot while standing next to a wall. That was bad enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by TRex2 View Post
      A 308 on an indoor range? Must be one heck of a range.
      I would have been wearing double hearing protection. As a rule, I avoid indoor ranges like the plague. Too expensive, too many rules, too many hazards, and on some, too many cameras.
      I learned about indoor gunshots when I took a shot while standing next to a wall. That was bad enough.
      It's a pretty good range, rated up to all calibers except 50bmg. Where I live they passed legislation to forbid outdoor shooting in my county - so I have to drive to the next one up if I want to shoot outdoors and with my current job/family obligations I don't even have that luxury anymore. But yes, the rules are too many and ridiculous.
      John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 11:25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die.

Romans 10:9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Comment

• Laws are only obeyed by the law-abiding.

Criminals by definition, have no regard for law.

Suppressors/silencers have a lot of benefits for users as well as neighbors who object to the noise. There should be no regulations on them.
        However, committing a felony crime with such a device on your firearm, should get you an extra 30 years.

As for SBRs, pistols are everywhere. Attaching a stock or foregrip is a simple matter that a criminal can perform easily.

Pay a tax? fine, just keep it reasonable.

As for felony use of an SBR,

the penalty needs to dissuade individuals from even considering such actions. [see suppressors above]
        It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”
        sigpic

Comment

• Pay a tax? fine, just keep it reasonable.
          No.

The tax was originally designed to stop people from acquiring or owning them.
          It was backdoor gun control, made palatable by clever use of words.

Today the tax is gun registration, a precursor to confiscation.
          Again, unconstitutional action, made palatable by clever use of words.

So, the answer is No

Comment

• Just browsing through some past threads and thought I would give
            this thread, and the underlying thoughts behind it, a bump. There
            are more than a few reasons to keep Luke 22:35-36 in mind.

The threat of violence is ever present,
            and the biggest reason:
            I am seeing good ammo prices, some lower than
            what I paid before the last shortage.

Liberals are arming themselves.
            So, I assume they can see the possibility of violence in the future.
            http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/poli...122697849.html

I have always advocated, if you can afford it, keeping whatever
            ammo you expect to use in the next three years on hand.
            At the least. (It's just good sense)

Comment

• Just quoted that verse to some folks the other day as I moved mine from the trunk to the passenger compartment (all legal in my state).

Comment

• Opinions

I would just like some opinions. I currently own a Ruger 9E pistol and am looking to purchase a smaller pistol for CCW and for my wife to use. My wife says the 9E is big and heavy for her. I was wondering if it is better to stick with Ruger (since I already have one and can interchange the magazines) or purchase another brand. My wife have used a smaller Glock before and likes it. I think it would be better to stay with Ruger just because of being able to use the same magazines. Is that a good reason.

Comment

• Well, it is "a reason," but it can't be the only factor.

You don't say whether you have the 10+1 shot model or the 17+1 shot model.

I do assume you will, and would advise you to, stick with 9mm.

I am only passingly familiar with Ruger.

What are your choices, if you stick with Ruger for interchangeability of magazines?
                  You also don't say what your budget is for this. Are you on a tight budget,
                  or are you able to pursue any of several different options?

Comment

• Originally posted by TRex2 View Post
                    Well, it is "a reason," but it can't be the only factor.

You don't say whether you have the 10+1 shot model or the 17+1 shot model.

I do assume you will, and would advise you to, stick with 9mm.

I am only passingly familiar with Ruger.

What are your choices, if you stick with Ruger for interchangeability of magazines?
                    You also don't say what your budget is for this. Are you on a tight budget,
                    or are you able to pursue any of several different options?
                    I have the 17+1 model. I will be sticking with 9mm. My budget is tight, but if it is worth waiting to afford something better, I am willing to. I would be looking at the Ruger LC9. This is a smaller pistol with smaller magazine, but I believe with an extender I can use the 17+1 magazines.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimFromOhio View Post
                      I have the 17+1 model. I will be sticking with 9mm. My budget is tight, but if it is worth waiting to afford something better, I am willing to. I would be looking at the Ruger LC9. This is a smaller pistol with smaller magazine, but I believe with an extender I can use the 17+1 magazines.
                      While there is nothing wrong with going to the LC9 (or LC9s), but I don't think the ability to use the longer magazines would be much of a factor in this case. If you had pointed to two different pistols that would both take the same double stack magazine as a common standard, that would be worth quite a bit. In this case, you will still need to purchase magazines for both, plus possibly this "extender" you talked about.

Comment

• JimfromOhio, my favorite pistol that I carry is a Ruger LCP .380. It's easily concealed and fits in my purse or on my hip without being noticed. Plus it doesn't have a lot of kick; which is why I don't like my husband's bigger caliber sidearms. Before I bought the .380 I carried the Ruger LC9. I liked it but it was still too bulky for what I do.

Not sure if that helps but that's a woman's perspective on the smaller Rugers.

P.S. go Buckeyes!

Comment

• Tried an LCP at the family campground.

Yuck. Poor sights, no weight, shot poorly, jammed, ... It seems you either like it or not. I am a not.

Compared to my Beretta 84, CZ PCR, ... even my old Beretta 81 totally outclassed it.
                          (I'd think about a Beretta 85 if conceal-ability+weight gets more important)

Weight saving can be advantageous, but with .380 it seems counterproductive.

A wheel gun in 22 WMR would be a better investment if weight is the primary concern.

Hmmm.... .22 Mag LCR..... that might do it.....
                          It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”
                          sigpic

Comment

• Personally, I would never have any 380 (for several reasons,
                            possibility of ammo being confused with 9mm is one of them)
                            but your statement here makes no sense to me:
                            Weight saving can be advantageous, but with .380 it seems counterproductive.
                            I do know that with any simi-auto, your grip is important,
                            too loose or too tight and you get miss feeds.

BTW: considering what it is used for, I am surprised it has sights at all.

Comment

• I prefer carrying 9mm vs. .380acp but seeing how much the .380 can do for its size and "hatred" people have for it it's better than nothing. lol. Some people prefer carrying FMJ's or, better yet, Lehigh Penetrators to make up for the "lack of penetration" in some hollow points when trying to get through heavy or winter clothing. That having been said, my little Kel-Tec P-3AT can be a bit of a challenge to hold sometimes and the round going off can really shake the little thing. But I'd rather have that than nothing.
                              Last edited by WarriorX; January 13th, 2018, 08:44 AM.
                              No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn... Isaiah 54.17

A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
                              Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
                              Psalm 91:7-8

What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
                              Romans 8:31

Comment

Working...
                              X