Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

The Gun Toter's thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got some PMC 185gr HP's for my G21. I think they're supposed to be fairly decent so I will carry them in it.
    No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn... Isaiah 54.17

A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
    Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
    Psalm 91:7-8

What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
    Romans 8:31

Comment

• Fill a box with old phonebooks, magazines... or similar, then do some ballistic tests.

Obviously, if it knocks the box off the table, .. they'll work.

I know when it came to .22, standard round nose did the best [penetration+cavity], although CCI minimags made the biggest cavity.
      It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”
      sigpic

Comment

• Ok, so, I have a Yugo N-PAP AK-47 with a Tapco T6 collapsible butt stock on it and I was wondering if anyone had any idea how you could attach a single point sling to it without having to remove any material at all. lol. The plate that goes under the grip won't work on the Yugo and I doubt they have any replaceable adapter for the butt stock. I can still do a two-point carry sling since it had the front loop and the Tapco stock has a loop near the butt but I was just wondering if there was a single-point option it was capable of doing. I'm also a left-hand shooter...

As a side note: Someone said on a forum you can switch the front sling loop over to the other side. Probably have to unpin at least the gas block and the flip the loop to the other side and put it back in. *shrug* Seems like it wouldn't be worth doing anyway since the bolt carrier handle would probably just jab you in the back or side or something when two-point carrying anyhow.
        No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn... Isaiah 54.17

A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

Comment

• Do you want a QD or parachute clip attachment?

If QD, you may be able to find a spot where you can drill a hole or weld/bolt a QD attachment point.

For the parachute clip, you need a loop either bolted, welded, or machined/tapped.

Have you googled ak sling attachments?

You may also be able to bolt/screw a Picatinny rail - short piece - to the mounting spot and use a Magpull attachment

Now you know why AR-15, M4 platforms are superior. Ruger SR556C Magpulled to perfection.
          It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Wally View Post
            Do you want a QD or parachute clip attachment?

If QD, you may be able to find a spot where you can drill a hole or weld/bolt a QD attachment point.

For the parachute clip, you need a loop either bolted, welded, or machined/tapped.

Have you googled ak sling attachments?

You may also be able to bolt/screw a Picatinny rail - short piece - to the mounting spot and use a Magpull attachment

Now you know why AR-15, M4 platforms are superior. Ruger SR556C Magpulled to perfection.
            LIES LIIIEEESSSSS!!!!!!!! lol.

I like the hit of a .30 cal bullet myself though lol.

I think I'm going to just go for the carry sling. Thanks for the response though.

Comment

• If you two were in a computer geek thread of mine you would be as confused as I am right now.

GEEKS!
              The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
              Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
              (Psa 19:1b-2)

Comment

• Originally posted by Hootmon View Post
                If you two were in a computer geek thread of mine you would be as confused as I am right now.

GEEKS!
                Hahaha love this reply!

They are talking about a modified AK-47 (composite stock) vs. An AR-15

Diameter of bullet

One is Russian designed the other is american

Ar- .223

Ak- .30

Both semiautomatic for civilian

Comment

• Originally posted by jonshaff View Post
                  Hahaha love this reply!

They are talking about a modified AK-47 (composite stock) vs. An AR-15

Diameter of bullet

One is Russian designed the other is american

Ar- .223

Ak- .30

Both semiautomatic for civilian
                  Don't know if we can trust the govmint with full autos. It ought to be full-auto for civilians and nothing beyond semiauto for govmint , that said, I can't hit anything I aim at in full-auto...
                  Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

• Originally posted by Tall Timbers View Post
                    Don't know if we can trust the govmint with full autos. It ought to be full-auto for civilians and nothing beyond semiauto for govmint , that said, I can't hit anything I aim at in full-auto...
                    Full auto is a whole other animal...I believe you were in the military...so you def know this

Comment

• Originally posted by jonshaff View Post
                      Full auto is a whole other animal...I believe you were in the military...so you def know this
                      I was a genteel officer in the Air Force. They didn't trust us with weapons. I did have the opportunity to shoot an Uzi in full auto. Needless to say, as I tried to pull the Uzi onto target as the bullets flew, those bullets drew a nice circle around the target I was aiming for. I imagine that a little training in handling a full-auto would make it a little more useful. At least when I was in the service, even the AF MPs had to turn in and account for every bullet at the end of their shift. I always wondered how our military was going to protect military installations let alone America if we were ever attacked when all the weaponry was under lock and key...
                      Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

I was a genteel officer in the Air Force. They didn't trust us with weapons. I did have the opportunity to shoot an Uzi in full auto. Needless to say, as I tried to pull the Uzi onto target as the bullets flew, those bullets drew a nice circle around the target I was aiming for. I imagine that a little training in handling a full-auto would make it a little more useful. At least when I was in the service, even the AF MPs had to turn in and account for every bullet at the end of their shift. I always wondered how our military was going to protect military installations let alone America if we were ever attacked when all the weaponry was under lock and key...
                        Yeah just like Fort Hood. Hassan went on a spree until they FINALLY stopped him and he's still alive wanting to join up with his ISIS brothers of the same father. Had they been armed constantly he wouldn't be around right now.

Comment

• Spray n Pray never really works, it's just expensive.

As for AK vs AR its really quite simple:

Israel has M4 (ARs), Arabs have AKs.

ARs = Good, AK = Evil.

See how simple it is.

BTW if you need .30/7.62 cal, simply upgrade your AR-15 to an M1A SOCOM.

or as in the Sprigfield Armory ad: Bring Enough Gun.

A used IDF FN_FAL (LA1) is a nice alternative.

Still, you may want to try the short Picatinny rails - 1"-2" which can be mounted on the stock via wood screws.
                          This would give you rail points for Magpul QD or parachute clip attachments.

sigpic

Comment

Funny you'd say that--I've talked to many former soldiers and almost all of them prefer semi to full-auto for combat. Full Auto is really a spray and pray function, which seems to be why modern AK's and M4's use 3 round bursts now.
                            John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 11:25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die.

Romans 10:9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Comment

ARs = Good, AK = Evil.
                              Hold on there cowboy....I guaranteeeeee you that in 50 years my stamped AK's will still function properly with motor oil lube and shoe strings for a "bore snake". My AR's....um probably won't last half that time. Also Eugene Stoner actually went on record to say that the AK-74 was superior to his AR-15 (I agree)

Originally posted by Wally View Post
                              BTW if you need .30/7.62 cal, simply upgrade your AR-15 to an M1A SOCOM.

or as in the Sprigfield Armory ad: Bring Enough Gun.
                              AR's can use 300 AAC Blackout also with an new upper--seems to be popular down here, but about as powerful as the M43. I'd rather go 7.62 NATO to be honest if I wanted big bullets.
                              John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 11:25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die.

Romans 10:9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Comment

ARs = Good, AK = Evil.

See how simple it is.
                                TT! Wally just called Alaska evil!
                                The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
                                Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
                                (Psa 19:1b-2)

Comment

Working...
                                X