The Gun Toter's thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Florian9 View Post
    Good luck with that--WASR's are sometimes a crapshoot. Some people don't like the Hungarian AMD-65, but it's my favorite & most reliable AK. I converted my front grip over to a normal handguard & kept the folding wire-stock. Got mine for $399 out the door!
    Let us know how she shoots!
    Oh I didn't buy that one. I'm still waiting on the original deal to see what he's got.
    No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn... Isaiah 54.17

A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.
    Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
    Psalm 91:7-8

What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
    Romans 8:31

Comment

• Any Browning nuts out here? I'v been all over the net trying to find out something about my dad old A-5. So many marking and the SN# doesn't come up at browning.
      If you are good at figuring this stuff out let me know.

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex View Post
        Any Browning nuts out here? I'v been all over the net trying to find out something about my dad old A-5. So many marking and the SN# doesn't come up at browning.
        If you are good at figuring this stuff out let me know.

Thanks
        Are you it's a browning? Sears and western auto used to sell a-5 clones.

Comment

• New Favorite.... OK Allison Krause is an old favorite.....

Stopped by the gunstore and checked out a Baretta Px4 Storm Compact. .40 S&W $500.

NICE! Especially for a CCW. Front rail for a laser dot. Clip options, Smooth DA pull. Safety decocks hammer.

They also have a new .45 based on the Storm frame.
          It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”
          sigpic

Comment

• I hooked a Glenfield Model 10 .22 single shot bolt rifle a week back. - Wanted something to quiet .22 Shorts a bit more than the S&W revolver with a 6" barrel. lol.

I had that rabid skunk in the yard last year and thought about capping it with the revolver using CCI CB .22 Shorts but was concerned about the report. I tried them in the Glen-10 and they're quite a bit more quiet out of it's 21" barrel.

I think it was made in 1966 or 1967 because it has no serial number and I read something saying that firearms were required to have them by 1968 or so and the model was made between 1966 and 1979.
            No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn... Isaiah 54.17

A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee.

What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?

Comment

• A nice nab.
              My first rifle was a Glennfield .22 autoloader, 9 shot tube, sorta looked like an M1 carbine. It was just before Marlin bought them out.

Unfortunately my dad (lucky for me) did not fully understand what auto-loader meant.
              After my first shot, I cycled the bolt only to find a live round already chambered.
              The tube was empty 3 seconds later.

Dad freaked until I convinced him it was designed that way. Keep it out of sight was his only request.
              Maryland allowed hunting with semi-auto back then.

I currently have a CZ BRNO 452 with a 28" barrel. Yep 28", it is a special military training version - overrun.

I use RWS CB's and get full penetration of 1/4 plywood at 40 yards (I prefer conicals, but for now I have round type).

These CBs are but 1/4 long, tricky to load, and the raised acorn on the base will jam some revolvers.

But for quiet, its less than an air rifle. My one friend uses a .22 RWS air rifle for urban pests - groundhogs. Its Impressive.
              It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

sigpic

Comment

• The most economical.

22 and 22 magnum. And they can kill, too.
                The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all. Amen. (Revelation 22:21) ESV

Dispatcher from the new teenage generation

Comment

• Originally posted by clemson View Post
                  The most economical.

22 and 22 magnum. And they can kill, too.
                  Im the immortal words of Jerome Lester Horowitz...

Soitenly!

Comment

• My GP had a Winchester Mod 255 in .22 WMR. It was my favorite chuck gun and after the first use, I quit hunting with .22 Lr. Sadly it was stolen years later, but by then I had my Marlin.

We did some tests and found a fmj .22WMR went clean through a box packed with phone books Approx 9" of solid paper.
                    At point blank, a .22 WMR is every bit as effective as a .45
                    which makes it an excellent choice for ladies to carry.

Both daughters like my Rossi .22WMR DA revolver, but the older DD prefers the 1911a1. Go figure.

And if you can find an old AMT Minimag, it makes a nice semi-auto first responder.

sigpic

Comment

• It finally arrived - gift from FiL..... Beretta Px4. Std F model .40 sw

Sweet.

sigpic

Comment

• Anybody here shoot 8mm Mauser? If so, where do you get your brass? I can find any for my K98

Comment

• Originally posted by Zazzy View Post
                          Anybody here shoot 8mm Mauser? If so, where do you get your brass? I can find any for my K98
                          Try the following.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...mm-mauser.html
                          Liberalism is a FATAL disease, which should be obvious to all by now!!

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Comment

• I got to a local gun show recently. M-4s and AKs everywhere. None were cheap.

.303 SMLEs all over $600.....

I did get some cleaning tools at a good price.

I got to check out an M1A SOCOM .308. Very Nice.

But the real treat was the new HK MP5 A5 in .22lr.

sliding stock (fixed were also available) standard forearm or and SD version....

And they had weight like a real 9mm MP5. Infinately cheaper (and cheaper ammo too)

This was the coolest gun there. (and there is an M-4 .22 (model 416) too)

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Wally View Post
                              I got to a local gun show recently. M-4s and AKs everywhere. None were cheap.

.303 SMLEs all over $600.....

I did get some cleaning tools at a good price.

I got to check out an M1A SOCOM .308. Very Nice.

But the real treat was the new HK MP5 A5 in .22lr.

sliding stock (fixed were also available) standard forearm or and SD version....

And they had weight like a real 9mm MP5. Infinately cheaper (and cheaper ammo too)

This was the coolest gun there. (and there is an M-4 .22 (model 416) too)
                              Prices will drop once the election is over (& Romney wins)--but the panic will set it even more if BO wins. Ammo is through the roof right now price-wise also. More panic buying.....
                              John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 11:25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die.

Romans 10:9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Comment

• Cabela's has kept prices reasonable for now.

Since its deer season, there are alot of specials.

Some of the prices are high due to US manufacture. I've seen a pickiness of buyers in that respect - {mod edit; people wanting to buy US made goods}.
                                Last edited by Kliska; October 28th, 2012, 06:55 PM.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X