Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

The Gun Toter's thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wally View Post
    ...disarming the populance is a serious matter and deserves our attention.
    Indeed.
    The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
    Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
    (Psa 19:1b-2)

Comment

• All I can say is this...If Bobby Rush really wants guns banned, let's see if he's man enough to set foot south of I70 and try confiscating them himself...

Comment

• Stormy,

If it is an antique, be careful as modern heavy loads can damage(even blow out) the barrel. I would refrain from using any magnum loads for practice at first. Dove or trap loads (about a 1/4 inch of brass measured from the base) will be easier to handle. And as stated earlier, make sure the cartridges are shorter or match the chamber of the gun. Make sure you also have the right gauge shell as a 20ga will slip deep into the barrrel of a 12ga and pose a deadly combination. Colors vary by manufacturer so do not use them as a guide.

Get hunter-shooter safety training. Handling a gun is dangerous, so you should have someone experienced help you learn. Even the safety manuals are not enough compared to hands-on training. Where as shot can travel hundreds of yards and still cause injury, a slug can kill someone for up to a mile or more. Even practicing you need help just to know where you can safely shoot. You should also make sure the gun is in good working order.

Also some double-barrels are very valuble. Check online or go to a library and get a gun value guide. There are good and some not so good gunsmiths /dealers out there, so ask friends for help.

My dad had an old double that both barrels would go off at the same time.
        After getting off the ground the second time, he sold it.....

Keep safe.
        It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”
        sigpic

Comment

• I guess my dad will be a criminal now

Comment

• Originally posted by trailboss View Post
            All I can say is this...If Bobby Rush really wants guns banned, let's see if he's man enough to set foot south of I70 and try confiscating them himself...

Or come on down I-40, he might run into a lot of guns allright... Pointed in his direction!

Comment

• The Gun Toter's Thread...

Very cool.

Here's a link to a great site for shotgunners:

http://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/index.php

It has a section for Christians, too!
              Just scroll down towards the bottom of the page in the Shotguns Related area and you'll see it.

Comment

• Gun owners' insurance

heard an attorney on Glenn's show this afternoon that Illinois is thinking of requiring gun owners to have $1 MILLION DOLLARS in insurance, or they will lose their firearm license. He implyed this may be another "back door" by which this administration will effectively do away with gun ownership. It's bad enough that ammo is in short supply in a lot of areas of the nation. BTW, the attorney works for the N.R.A. so I would encourage everyone to join, if they're not already members.
                Texas Mimi

Comment

• I don't live in Illinois, but if they try to duplicate it here, they can have my gun when they pry it from my cold, dead hands.

Comment

• Originally posted by EndIsNear View Post
                    I don't live in Illinois, but if they try to duplicate it here, they can have my gun when they pry it from my cold, dead hands.
                    .....me tooooooo!!!

Comment

• Will all those Hollyweird celebrities who have armed bodyguards also be required to pay insurance? Or are they exempt from gun control/banning.
                      The Gospel of Jesus Christ

"I am more flawed and sinful than I ever dared believe."

"I am more loved and accepted than I ever dared hope."

Comment

• Originally posted by tardisdoctor View Post
                        Will all those Hollyweird celebrities who have armed bodyguards also be required to pay insurance? Or are they exempt from gun control/banning.

Well...of course thier excempt.

Comment

Will all those Hollyweird celebrities who have armed bodyguards also be required to pay insurance? Or are they exempt from gun control/banning.
                          They are more equal than the proles, so of course they will not have to pay.

Comment

• Well with "safer bullets" and

endless "safety locks"

why do we need insurance?

Is it just another way to limit people through expense in owning guns?

Hmmmm?

Don't forget about H.R. 45 concerning guns.

Slowly but surely they will not allow gun ownership through laws and cost.

Comment

Yes, but it will just be another business related tax write off

Comment

• Infringement on 2nd Amendment

It seems to me that this would encroach on one's rights under the 2nd amendment. The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
                                Such an insurance requirement, registration requirements, or carry permit requirements all fall into this same category as far as I am concerned.

Comment

Working...
                                X