Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Every mans challenge. Struggling. Please pray.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Gradywhite, hope it does get easier over time..

I'm sorry for stepping in here, as I'm not a fella... but there is something I noticed about several of your posts; it seems you believe the main effort here is on your part. What I mean is you say, for example, "I can't break free" above. Well, no, YOU can't break free, but He can free you. There is a difference and you may be able to change your focus to be a little more relaxed with your walk with Him. What I mean is; Salvation is God's work, and Sanctification is God's work too... your "job" is to put your faith in Him. No, you can't change yourself, but HE can... do you have faith in that?

Prayer, prayer, prayer... He'll work on you in the way He wants to work on you. Your job is to yield to Him, and the nudges of the Holy Spirit. God's eyes aren't just watching, He is literally present within you. Let the Holy Spirit work and trust Him. Now if it is a matter of the Holy Spirit on one side and sin on the other and they are in a wrestling match... no, you shouldn't give in to the sin. If you do, talk to God about it, ask for more help, get up with His help, dust yourself off with His help, and try again.
    I know, i try my best to yield and pray, and i ask God for his will to be done with and within my life, and to set my free, (i mean a lot).. and i honestly pray to grow closer and closer and be in his presence and to forgive my sin so we can be in fellowship, but it doesn't seem to work, like he doesn't want to be found, at least for the mean time? I don't know, but its sure hard keeping on keeping on, been like this for 2-3 confusing years now

Comment

Originally posted by jemz20 View Post
      I know, i try my best to yield and pray, and i ask God for his will to be done with and within my life, and to set my free, (i mean a lot).. and i honestly pray to grow closer and closer and be in his presence and to forgive my sin so we can be in fellowship, but it doesn't seem to work, like he doesn't want to be found, at least for the mean time? I don't know, but its sure hard keeping on keeping on, been like this for 2-3 confusing years now
      Well... you seem to be tying in your sinful act to God somehow hiding from you. That isn't a scripturally accurate portrayal of God. Your sin cannot separate you from God once saved. If you have placed your faith in Christ, your sin is already forgiven you, and God is always with you, not hiding. Your sin definitely has no power over Him. Don't tie your sinful slips into either His love for you or your salvation. Salvation is by grace through faith in Jesus, and nothing else. I state that to help you find peace.

He's already set His children free from sin; doesn't mean we don't slip, but we are literally free from sin. If you are in Christ, you already have peace with God... just as a suggestion, make sure you are focusing on change and sanctification and not doubt. How do you do that? Well, prayer, scripture, and talking to fellow believers ESPECIALLY those that are around you physically, and not just like here on the internet. What you are fighting is a deeply rooted physical and psychological issue, it's going to take time. Our lives are a long road of trials and tribulations, but we don't walk it alone. Keep talking to God, He hears you. Keep faithing on Him, He won't fail.

Thanks to sweeetlilgurlie on Narniaweb for the sig

Comment

I struggle also. Something that helps me is think of the Rapture happening during that time and being in front of your Savior and having to explain yourself.

Comment

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Cor 1:18

Comment

I also struggle. Praying. (please pray for me too)

Comment

I'm right there with you bro.

One thing that helps me is to remember that the images or video are real people, and should be my sisters in Christ, but likely are not. That makes me want to pray for them instead.

Another thing is that when I have indulged these impulses, I've noticed that it changes my view of women in daily life, most women I see become objects as it were, and that is not right or fair or anything good.

Finally, once I was at a traffic light, I glanced over at the girls in the mustang beside me and found to my surprise that they were dressing *me* down with their eyes. (Yeah, they must have been blind) But I was shocked that *I* felt violated. Shocked, I tell you, and I was shocked I was shocked. That led me back to thought number two above. Right is right and wrong isn't.

Still, I will give in sometimes, just like a dog returning to his vomit. I agree, it is supremely frustrating. I hate it. I've pretty well figured out that it seems like the harder *I* try to "be good" in this area or others, the more I fail, and the worse I feel. I've absolutely nothing to do but give it up to Jesus and trust Him to fix me. I can't do it. I figure He knows me better than I know myself, and knows I'm sick, and knew what He was buying when He paid the price.

I'm so looking forward to being free of sin, and being with the Lord, and every relationship being good and right.

Keep the faith.

Comment

Originally posted by pixelpusher View Post
                I'm right there with you bro.

One thing that helps me is to remember that the images or video are real people, and should be my sisters in Christ, but likely are not. That makes me want to pray for them instead.

Another thing is that when I have indulged these impulses, I've noticed that it changes my view of women in daily life, most women I see become objects as it were, and that is not right or fair or anything good.

Finally, once I was at a traffic light, I glanced over at the girls in the mustang beside me and found to my surprise that they were dressing *me* down with their eyes. (Yeah, they must have been blind) But I was shocked that *I* felt violated. Shocked, I tell you, and I was shocked I was shocked. That led me back to thought number two above. Right is right and wrong isn't.

Still, I will give in sometimes, just like a dog returning to his vomit. I agree, it is supremely frustrating. I hate it. I've pretty well figured out that it seems like the harder *I* try to "be good" in this area or others, the more I fail, and the worse I feel. I've absolutely nothing to do but give it up to Jesus and trust Him to fix me. I can't do it. I figure He knows me better than I know myself, and knows I'm sick, and knew what He was buying when He paid the price.

I'm so looking forward to being free of sin, and being with the Lord, and every relationship being good and right.

Keep the faith.

"I will give in sometimes, just like a dog returning to his vomit"

Now, if you can just keep that image in your head, it should really tone things down a tad.

(did you really have to say that?)

Comment

Originally posted by gradywhite View Post
                  "I will give in sometimes, just like a dog returning to his vomit"

Now, if you can just keep that image in your head, it should really tone things down a tad.

(did you really have to say that?)
                  My apologies. I was trying to be honest. Guess I should listen more and talk less, I seem to have a way of saying the wrong things. Sorry.

Comment

My apologies. I was trying to be honest. Guess I should listen more and talk less, I seem to have a way of saying the wrong things. Sorry.
                    Quoting scripture for underscoring something isn't wrong! We all return to certain sin, and it paints an appropriate picture of a lot of our circumstances... it just doesn't paint a very pretty picture.

Thanks to sweeetlilgurlie on Narniaweb for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by Kliska View Post
                      Quoting scripture for underscoring something isn't wrong! We all return to certain sin, and it paints an appropriate picture of a lot of our circumstances... it just doesn't paint a very pretty picture.
                      Returning to sin is not a pretty thing. I need to hone my diplomatic skills, I got the message. Yet another area I struggle with... But I appreciate it being pointed out.

Comment

Returning to sin is not a pretty thing. I need to hone my diplomatic skills, I got the message. Yet another area I struggle with... But I appreciate it being pointed out.

I really was just trying to add a lil' humor to it. I wouldn't worry about your diplomatic skills. I love it when I can speak with someone with out beating around the bush. Personally I think people should adjust themselves to my diplomatic skills.

Comment

there was nothing at all wrong with what you said
                          sin makes us sick
                          I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.
                          For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor;
                          no good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless.

Psalm 84:10-11

Comment

Hold Up

I am not 20 years old, I'm an old man. I thought as I got older that these urges would go away. Wrong! I new an 88 year old man that still thought he was 20. In my opinion this is one of the strongest drugs out there. It has taken down the very elite, from pastors to presidents. It is an urge that is way bigger than you are and you cannot possibly win this battle on your own. It requires spiritual intervention. It is the type of thing that grows and the more you feed it, the more it grows. Anybody listening???? NOW is not the time to play games with God!

Comment

Mad at myself.. I fell off the bandwagon again... *sigh* more prayer, more turning away.. it is a struggle.

Comment

To whom it may concern - No spamming PM's to our members, especially when you haven't posted yet.
                                "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Comment

Working...
                                X