No announcement yet.

What do you do for a living?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

automotive technician at a ford dealer in sw missouri.
    In God I Trust

Comment

Originally posted by saved by Grace View Post
      automotive technician at a ford dealer in sw missouri.
      At a Ford dealership, talk about job security. I'll bet your never out of work. j/k. And yes I've owned a few. Honestly...never again.
      -Todd
      Desert Storm Vet-US Navy
      America...Land of the free BECAUSE of the brave

Live your life in a way that causes others to question their disbelief in God.

We contribute nothing to our salvation except the sin from which we need to be redeemed. William Temple (English diplomat & author)

Comment

Originally posted by LoudRam View Post
        At a Ford dealership, talk about job security. I'll bet your never out of work. j/k. And yes I've owned a few. Honestly...never again.
        IMHO, I don't know if it's the truck(s) so much as it's the dealerships. In all camps (Ford/Chevy/Dodge) I've known people who have had trucks that have NEVER had problems; and I've known people who've had nothing BUT. I have to admit that the problems I DID have with my Dodge (while many) either centered around 3 things:

- transmission
        - brakes
        - visor

However, the dealership, on the other hand, was absolutely abominable. Legally I had a 'lemon', but the only reason I didn't pursue it is because it'd have costed me more to pursue it than the truck was worth.

The Ford I have now has been nothing but reliable...in 202K miles, I've had a starter, a diesel 'preheater' (little $100 part that preheats the diesel before it goes into the filter), and an injector go out on me, for a grand total of about $700 in parts/labor. That's it. But even if it DID go out, I know I could take it to a local dealership and get it fixed w/no problems. (Well, one of them anyways. The OTHER one is owned by the same people who own the Dodge dealership and they suck.)

Comment

At a Ford dealership, talk about job security. . And yes I've owned a few. Honestly...never again.
          I'm on F-150 number 4 in 10 years. I lease them for business reasons so I only put on about 30,000 - 36,000 miles or so on each one. Hardly a long term test. BUT, in those 3 trucks over the last 9 years I've had exactly one problem--the air bladder adjustment for lumbar support in the driver's seat went out in the 2000 model. Otherwise the only thing I've done is change oil, rotate tires, and buy wiper blades.

Comment

I had a '97 with the 4.2, V-6. It died before it had 90k on it. I've heard that's a common problem with that engine. I know a few people that happened too with the same engine. I realize they're not that bad but with that experience I can't bring myself to buy another one. Besides for my next truck I want a HEMI!!!

Now back to our regularly scheduled topic....
            -Todd
            Desert Storm Vet-US Navy

We contribute nothing to our salvation except the sin from which we need to be redeemed. William Temple (English diplomat & author)

Comment

I had a '97 with the 4.2, V-6. It died before it had 100k on it. I've heard that's a common problem with that engine. I know a few people that happened too with the same engine. I realize they're not that bad but with that experience I can't bring myself to buy another one. Besides for my next truck I want a HEMI!!!

Now back to our regularly scheduled topic....
              Yeah, the 4.2L V6 wasn't/isn't all that hot. Personally, I think they should phase it out...I've got a 2004 F150, with the 4.6L V8.

It gets 21-22MPG when one keeps their foot out of it. Not bad at ALL for a V8. up

Comment

I have a 1968 Mustang and a 1986 Mustang GT, they will last forever!!! Of course I restored them but that is besides the point! I have also always owned a Jeep, many models, and always will, I have Cherokee that is just turning 200,000 miles, still running strong.

Comment

I did constrution for about 30 years, the last 7 months now after I turned 50 years old, I've been selling used cars for a car lot that has about 70-80 on the lot.
                  I am a Jeep man for years, I still drive a 1990 Waganeer.

Comment

Police Officer

Comment

Originally posted by Doublezero View Post
                      Police Officer
                      That's the best job there is. Thank you for doing it. That's what I wanted to. I was a MAA (MP) in the navy as TAD for 2 years. I asked around here locally and they all told me I needed college even though I was trained. That ended that.
                      -Todd
                      Desert Storm Vet-US Navy

Comment

I am an Architect, currently working on renovating several government buildings that I cannot tell you about.

Comment

Copy editor

Comment

Fire marshal, Why do all business owners dislike me?

Comment

Originally posted by johndigiovanni View Post
                              Fire marshal, Why do all business owners dislike me?
                              Ha, they probally don't hate you as much as they hate the fire departments who come out to a fire, refuse to put it out; and than bill them!

Comment

Systems Administrator in downtown NYC. Fun job though the commute is horrible after several years now of doing so.

Comment

Working...
                                X