Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My date was great!! This is one awsome lady. She is quite a bit older than I am, but very elegant. We talked about our faith, our dreams, church, life...... We both love the beach and golf. I asked her out on a golf date, figure we can play then have lunch.

Hey Librarian, you must be from around here. I've never been to the Melting Pot, I'll have to try it. I'm always looking for new places to go.

Comment

Awesome! That's funny. I suck at golf and so does my wife. But her birthday is this weekend, and we are going to the beach. She also wants to get into golf, so we will probably go to a par 3, too.

I'm glad your date went well. God bless you two.

Comment

Another thing you can not do is try to guess her age. If you do, guess low!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Just Dave View Post
          But I'm very attracted to this lady, I noticed her right away, can't take my eyes off her. ....... I want to sweep her off her feet.
          I don't know you, or your situation, but:

Have you prayed about this?

If God answered you with a definite "NO" in seeing her again, would you stop?

If she is divorced for an "unbiblical" reason, would you then stop seeing her?

If the answer isn't settled, talk to your pastor about it.

-----------------
          OK, bring on the criticism and disagreements.
          "But I say unto you, that one greater than the temple is here".
          Matthew 12:6 (ASV)

"...and behold, a greater than Jonah is here."
          Luke 11:32 (ASV)

"...and behold, a greater than Solomon is here."
          Luke 11:31 (ASV)

Comment

"If she is divorced for an "unbiblical" reason, would you then stop seeing her?"

What if she asked God to forgive her? God does give second chances. Remember Paul was a bad guy before he got saved.

betty

Comment

Originally posted by Zaphnathpaaneah View Post
              I don't know you, or your situation, but:

Have you prayed about this?

If God answered you with a definite "NO" in seeing her again, would you stop?

If she is divorced for an "unbiblical" reason, would you then stop seeing her?

If the answer isn't settled, talk to your pastor about it.

-----------------
              OK, bring on the criticism and disagreements.
              Good advice Zaph.

Praying here.
              With Love
              In Christ
              -Michael

"Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created." Rev. 4:11

Comment

Hmmm,

And when you DO guess low... subtract five years from THAT too!

Women can do sooooo much with very little and create the right effects...(guess that is our appeal to them as well they think they can do the same with us).

Comment

Zaph:

No you are in the right ballpark regarding your advise.

Dave:
                  Just don't "force" anything. DO make sure you are quietly listening to God. He won't steer you wrong -- but be patient.

As far as "unbiblical reasons" --- there is only One who calls that shot. If it does become part of your discussions should things move towards a more serious level --- mutually seek out an older married couple in your church and with your minister --- have them "mentor" you in this area. They don't "see her" as you do -and- (nor you -- they) will be more attentive in drawing unresolved issues into the light [for] Christian solutions.

Good luck! The fact that you are here running this by the group says you are at least "turned to the wind" before you head down the runway (as it were).

Humbly yours....
                  Last edited by Widowsmyte; April 29th, 2007, 10:58 AM. Reason: clarifying pronouns

Comment

I don't know why she divorced, and at this point I don't think it would be appropriate to talk about. We are just getting to know one another and we're having fun. I can't see shouting "sinner" and getting all righteous, I have my sins too and I've been forgiven just as she has.

We played golf Saturday and Sunday and had lunch afterwards. It's getting very warm here, I'm thinking a day trip to the beach and a picnic next weekend. Oh it's soooo long until the weekend. I hate Mondays.

Comment

I don't know why she divorced, and at this point I don't think it would be appropriate to talk about. We are just getting to know one another and we're having fun. I can't see shouting "sinner" and getting all righteous, I have my sins too and I've been forgiven just as she has.

We played golf Saturday and Sunday and had lunch afterwards. It's getting very warm here, I'm thinking a day trip to the beach and a picnic next weekend. Oh it's soooo long until the weekend. I hate Mondays.
                      Why would it be inappropriate to ask her why her husband divorced her?
                      Would be one of my first questions. Especially as you are both Christians.
                      With Love
                      In Christ
                      -Michael

"Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created." Rev. 4:11

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy View Post
                        Why would it be inappropriate to ask her why her husband divorced her?
                        Would be one of my first questions. Especially as you are both Christians.
                        It's a very personal and intense question, so far things have been very light between us. When I've known her for more than a week, we can discuss more serious things.

Comment

It's a very personal and intense question, so far things have been very light between us. When I've known her for more than a week, we can discuss more serious things.
                          I agree with you and I think that you are sweet for being sensitive to that situation.

You don't know the circumstances behind her divorce and I agree with Betty that even if her divorce was unbiblical, God can forgive all things. If she has reconciled with God, then I don't think that the reason behind the divorce is all that important in this stage of the relationship.

Just trust in the Lord and you can't go wrong

Comment

Be very carefull...

I know a man who met a woman who said she was a Christian and she convinced two meetings that she was dedicated to the Lord.

Wow... what I'm about to tell you will curl your toes.

They got married and he found out that she had $200,000.00 of debt. First red flag.

She said that she loved the outdoors and walking... not so after marriage. Second red flag.:gtongue

She stopped attending the church meeting. Third red flag

She wanted her name added to all his assets and a cruise or a trip to Hawaii. Fourth red flag

When he refused she left... no comment or explanation. Fifth red flag

She came back to get her things... this is what she said... and while there called 911 and filed a false report which landed him in jail. Sixth red flag

They gave his key to her and barred him from going near his house for 10 days. Seventh red flag

She took everything he had and moved it out... when he came back it was empty. Eighth red flag

Only thing that was saved was his accounts and house that was still in his name.

She had all the right answers because she was raised and worked for the Salvation Army. Her brother retired from the Salvation Army also.

If I didn't know this man for 62 years I would have suspected some abuse on his part. What a lesson to learn at that age.

LOOK OUT! YOU COULD BE NEXT...

Comment

Originally posted by Majorgrace2 View Post
                              Be very carefull...

I know a man who met a woman who said she was a Christian and she convinced two meetings that she was dedicated to the Lord.

Wow... what I'm about to tell you will curl your toes.

They got married and he found out that she had $200,000.00 of debt. First red flag.

She said that she loved the outdoors and walking... not so after marriage. Second red flag.:gtongue

She stopped attending the church meeting. Third red flag

She wanted her name added to all his assets and a cruise or a trip to Hawaii. Fourth red flag

When he refused she left... no comment or explanation. Fifth red flag

She came back to get her things... this is what she said... and while there called 911 and filed a false report which landed him in jail. Sixth red flag

They gave his key to her and barred him from going near his house for 10 days. Seventh red flag

She took everything he had and moved it out... when he came back it was empty. Eighth red flag

Only thing that was saved was his accounts and house that was still in his name.

She had all the right answers because she was raised and worked for the Salvation Army. Her brother retired from the Salvation Army also.

If I didn't know this man for 62 years I would have suspected some abuse on his part. What a lesson to learn at that age.

LOOK OUT! YOU COULD BE NEXT...
                              Id say your jumping the gun... while it is good to earn trust, it sounds like Dave is taking it slow and he is aware of his 3 points of contact. I defintely like advice like yours, but he didnt say he was marrying her and he is taking it slow

Comment

Did I say Dave was getting married? Sorry that was not my intent.

Comment

Working...
                                X