Announcement

Collapse

Combining RR-BB.com into RaptureForums.com

Because it has become insanely difficult to manage a bulletin board these days, the managers of Rapture Ready and Rapture Forums have decided to join our boards together under a software program that is easier to manage. Because RF has their database operating well under an Enforo license, we decided to make Rapture Forums the focal point of a consolidation. Since Chris, the owner of RF, has long experience in running a forum, he can better manage the problems that come with this technology.

If you do not have an account at https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/, please sign up. By the end of November, it will become the forward address of RR-BB.com
See more
See less

Grill question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Grill question

    Ok, so here's my situation. About a month ago, when I went to fire up my (propane) grill for the first time this season, it didn't fire up. When I started looking at the ignition system, I realized that all of the "guts" (burners, grates, etc) had rusted away (and I heard TAPS playing in my head as I saw this). When I checked into getting replacement parts, I realized that I can probably get a new grill cheaper than to get the replacement parts.

    So my question is this - is there any reason I couldn't finish "gutting" the thing and using it as a charcoal grill? As long as I still have the top grate to put the meat on, should I be ok to do so?

  • #2
    You can... I did it before. I also bought new grill gear, flippers with long handels and some easy topers that close so you can flip everything at once.


    Dan~~~>still not allowed to play with matches though...

    Comment


    • #3
      I much prefer a good, old-fashioned charcoal fire as opposed to propane. It makes the food taste better, IMHO.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Stratosfear View Post
        I much prefer a good, old-fashioned charcoal fire as opposed to propane. It makes the food taste better, IMHO.
        I agree with this.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Stratosfear View Post
          I much prefer a good, old-fashioned charcoal fire as opposed to propane. It makes the food taste better, IMHO.
          Its those carcinogens, they are very tasty - LOL

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by yogi3939 View Post
            Its those carcinogens, they are very tasty - LOL
            There are natural brands such as Noram de Mexico’s Sierra Madre 100 percent oak hardwood charcoal contains no coal, oil, limestone, starch, sawdust or petroleum products and, to boot, is certified by the Rainforest Alliance’s SmartWood program as sustainably harvested.

            It's the additives that make it carcinogenic. . .

            As you can guess, I'm for this kind of grilling, not the bottled kind . . .
            The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.



            He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh:


            Psalms 2:2-4a

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Digitalpilgrim View Post
              So my question is this - is there any reason I couldn't finish "gutting" the thing and using it as a charcoal grill? As long as I still have the top grate to put the meat on, should I be ok to do so?
              Gut it and use Hickory wood and Mesquite, I also use cherry and apple wood



              Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
              Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
              Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by KaiafromBergen View Post
                There are natural brands such as Noram de Mexico’s Sierra Madre 100 percent oak hardwood charcoal contains no coal, oil, limestone, starch, sawdust or petroleum products and, to boot, is certified by the Rainforest Alliance’s SmartWood program as sustainably harvested.

                It's the additives that make it carcinogenic. . .

                As you can guess, I'm for this kind of grilling, not the bottled kind . . .
                Actually some of the carcinogens are a product of burning fat too.

                Comment

                Working...
                X