Who here is a cigar aficionado?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who here is a cigar aficionado?

I am fond of CAO, Punch, and Romeo y Julieta. I like Maduro wrappers, but I also enjoy a mild blond Jamaican wrapper.

The new CAO "Sopranos" cigar is actually really good. Spicy, and a little heavy, but really smooth.

How about it? Do you have a favorite?

Testing. One. Two. Three.

Is this thing on...?

50-some-odd guys and nobody has an opinion?

Have I freaked everyone out by mentioning tobacco?

If I've offended anyone, I sincerely apologize.

Grace,

H

Comment

Agree. I love Maduro wrapper. Most of the taste is in the rapper, but can be influenced by the shape and size.

Size: I like a Robusto or Churchill - large diameter - better flavor.

Try Hoya De Monterrey #1 - it comes in Conn and Maduro. Also Corona.

Comment

I'm more of a pipe man myself, though I haven't availed myself of its charms in a couple of years now. Thus, no real comments on cigars!

As they say, close but no cigar...(sorry, I couldn't resist it...)

Sam

Comment

Mentat -

Thanks for the suggestion about the Hoya de Monterrey. I'll look for it next week.

Sam -

Pipes are great, too. My brother-in-law smokes one. He uses a very mild, sweet tobacco - Captain Black, I think.

Had a Padron last week - very nice. Medium to heavy, but very smooth.

It's amazing how much of a difference it makes getting a cigar that's been stored in the proper humidity. Much better flavor and slower burn.

Comment

whats the basic pricing on decent cigars?

i'd like to get some good ones for the hubby, but i don't want to be totally unprepared going into the store to buy. What should i look for?

Comment

I had my first cigar at age 8......
              After discovering how to remove a lung with out surgery, I chose to abstain from tobacco.

Still, there was this train shop in Gettysburg PA. Mr Gilbert smoked a pipe and used cherry tobacco. I loved the scent.
              It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by icebear View Post
                whats the basic pricing on decent cigars?

i'd like to get some good ones for the hubby, but i don't want to be totally unprepared going into the store to buy. What should i look for?
                Depends - Plan on $4 to $8 per cigar when bought by the box. $5 and up for individual cigar. If you don't have a humidor, don't buy a box.

CAO Gold is the perfect answer to your cigar needs, if you are looking to start with a classic cigar blend. This cigar is currently one of the best-selling brands in the country. It is a perfectly mild, Nicaraguan cigar that features a creamy smoke that simply swirls in your mouth. The line has two different sizes that were recently rated 90+ (outstanding).

Comment

Jamaican wrapper

Comment

I like Arturo Fuente and Partagas. Nothing like a good cigar after a day of hunting or fishing. Last time I went hunting one of the guys with us handed out some expensive cigars. Wish I could remember the name of it because it was most enjoyable.

Comment

I just can't get into the cigar thing.
                      I do like the smell of unsmoked cigar's but not sure I could stand the 'smoke' of them actually being smoked.

Comment

Part time enjoyer of cigars. Use to be a one or more a day guy, but finding them time for an hour or more is not so easy these day.

Padron 3000 maddie, Partagas Black, Saint Luis Rey and CAO Italia are my go to smokes. Had a few from the "dark side" and don't get the fascination with them. If I have a hankering for a really mild stick I dig the Romeo Y Julietta Reserva Real.

Tried pipes. To much work.

Comment

Originally posted by Mentat View Post
                          Depends - Plan on $4 to $8 per cigar when bought by the box. $5 and up for individual cigar. If you don't have a humidor, don't buy a box.

CAO Gold is the perfect answer to your cigar needs, if you are looking to start with a classic cigar blend. This cigar is currently one of the best-selling brands in the country. It is a perfectly mild, Nicaraguan cigar that features a creamy smoke that simply swirls in your mouth. The line has two different sizes that were recently rated 90+ (outstanding).

Most helpful, thanks!

I have an incubator for chicken eggs, do you think that would work for a humidor? (joking)...

Are all humidors necessarily expensive? I remember looking at some a number of years ago and thought it was way out of line (but what do i know?) ... is it possible to craft one myself? I don't have any idea what the humidifying component is made of or whether it functions mechanically or what...

Comment

Most helpful, thanks!

I have an incubator for chicken eggs, do you think that would work for a humidor? (joking)...

Are all humidors necessarily expensive? I remember looking at some a number of years ago and thought it was way out of line (but what do i know?) ... is it possible to craft one myself? I don't have any idea what the humidifying component is made of or whether it functions mechanically or what...
                            No problem. I used to use a Tupper-dore, actually. It was a tupperware container. I had a ceramic "wet stone" but you could also use a small wet sponge in a partially sealed plastic bag. If the cigars get too wet they will mildew and too dry is also bad. The cigars have oils that make them soft, give them flavor and help them burn correctly. The humidore is to prevent them from drying out. I saw a guy who used a coleman cooler that he had modified to be a cooler-dor.

A decent wood, desktop humidor will run you around $100 or more.

Comment

Most helpful, thanks!

You can pick up a decent 25 count desktop humi for $50 or so. Check out www.cubancrafters.com

Comment

Working...
                              X