Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seldom used english sentences - by MEN

I don't know.

I'm Lost. Can you help me find --------?

According to the directions here...

I have enough tools/guns/fishing rods.

I need more that 4 pairs of shoes/boots. (Hunting/fishing boots do not count - but then they are replaced each season)
    It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”
    sigpic

Comment

-and by women:

I have WAY too many shoes/purses.

Please don't get me any of those overpriced roses for Valentine's Day.

Thank you for waiting the day after Mother's Day to get me that card at 50 percent off.

Why don't we invite someone interesting to our next get-together instead of my mother?

Comment

Milton is still saving this stuff.
        It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
          -and by women:
          Please don't get me any of those overpriced roses for Valentine's Day.

I'll have you know I specifically asked DH not to buy me roses for Valentine's Day!

I asked for tulips.
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose" ~ Jim Elliot

Comment

LOL!

I get a laugh every Valentine's Day when I see a herd of guys looking like lost sheep in a store gazing quizzically at candy, flowers, or a stuffed bear. You would think if they picked up the wrong item it would detonate.

Oddly enough, Israel is a leading EXPORTER of tulips. I seem to recall seeing a web video of a refrigerated cargo planeload of them going to - Holland?

But, I know you only asked for tulips within your DH's easy driving distance.

I thought my wife was being practical when she asked me not to get her expensive roses. She even said she would pick up the cheapest flowers at the flower shop, and would drive there herself to pick them up. Trouble was, she wanted to drive there in a new BMW.

Comment

"Pardon me sir, would you have any Grey Poupon?"
              Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                But, I know you only asked for tulips within your DH's easy driving distance.

Well he DID have to have them delivered. He was out of town on a business trip. But tulips are my absolute favorite flower so it is always what I ask for.
                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose" ~ Jim Elliot

Comment

'You don't know what you're missing' if you've never said "No good deed goes unpunished"
                  Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Timbers View Post
                    "Pardon me sir, would you have any Grey Poupon?"

Well, that's better that the comment I made to a guy just hit by a seagull;

Pardon me sir, but do you realise you have gray p.........

Awesome Flowers!

But I always rush to nab the first blossoms on the farm.
                    DBW seems to really appreciate the dark purple skunk cabbage. The daffodils are not quite ready.

(Yes, she gets roses as do the two daughters)

sigpic

Comment

In all my years as a Pre-K teacher, I've never had a class where the kids just LOOK at me when I talk to them like my class this year does. It's not as bad now as it was at the beginning of the school year, so I think it might have been partly a language issue (most of my class is Hispanic and probably speak Spanish at home, and my Spanish is improving but not conversational). One of my students, though, a cute little guy, has what I call the "cute trifecta" -- big brown eyes, long eyelashes, and dimples. It has kind of become a "thing" for him to look pointedly at me and just BLINK, prompting this false-irritated response from me:

"Stop BLINKING at me!!"
                      "Oir is leatsa an rioghachd, agus an cumhachd, agus a gloir, gu siorraidh, Amen." ("For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever, Amen" -- Scots Gaelic)

Comment

MiHH....

Isn't that better than staring at you, without blinking?

sigpic

Comment

today's adventures in toddlerhood:

"Honey, please don't lick the dishwasher"

"Stop eating your oatmeal with your feet"

"Why is there mango all over my clean window?"

Comment

Originally posted by Wally View Post
                            MiHH....

Isn't that better than staring at you, without blinking?
                            "Oir is leatsa an rioghachd, agus an cumhachd, agus a gloir, gu siorraidh, Amen." ("For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever, Amen" -- Scots Gaelic)

Comment

I think this comes under the title "local colloquialism".

"sweating like a hen drawing rails" One of my parents used to say this when they were working hard or it was hot weather.

"like pulling hen's teeth"- when a task was difficult.

"you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear."

Comment

Don't look a gift horse from the behind.

As the leading cause of hoof and head disease, that one doesn't need explaination.

PS: Feb 23, 2012 Daffodils are blooming behind house.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X