I don't know if even Charlie Brown's sister could come up with this

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't know if even Charlie Brown's sister could come up with this

I kidded a couple boys who were saying random things like "I have the power" as we were doing Bible quiz practice to "Stop talkign in memes." Well, I created one myself as I tried to remember a Bible verse several days later.

I was trying to suggest to a friend to share something in a lighthearted manner, makinga bit of a joke about it, to avoid hurting another's feelings. (They wanted to know how to break it to someone they were taking too long with just random conversation in their Bible study instead of closing in prayer when that person had to leave.)

So, I tried to say "A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver." It came out...okay, I *think* what my brain was doing was taking the first part, knowing it went into something, and somehow skipping over the fact that it would be impossible to eat if it were solid gold. And using the "-er" ending of the next part of the verse. Maybe. i don't know.

I only know that I wound up saying, "A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold dipped in butter."

And, I don't even like butter!

Cue image of Charlie Brown saying, "Where do I begin?"
    John 3:16 (KJV) For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.
Working...
X