X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anddra View Post
    Stovies Recipe

Ingredients:
    4 oz cold, diced lamb (two-thirds of a cup)
    1 lb potatoes, peeled and sliced. Some people use alternate thin and thicker slices - the thin ones then turn to mush.
    1 (or two if you prefer) large onion, very thinly sliced.
    1 level tablespoon good quality dripping (from meat or bacon). If dripping is not available, cooking oil will do (though not as good a flavour).
    Stock or water
    Salt and pepper, nutmeg or all-spice for seasoning
    Chopped parsley or chives

Method:
    Melt the dripping in a large pan (preferably with a tight fitting lid), add a layer of sliced potatoes, then a layer of onion and next a layer of meat. Add enough stock or water to cover (though some prefer their stovies dry, in which case add only 2-3 tablespoons). Then repeat the layers once again and season the dish thoroughly - in addition to salt and plenty pepper, add some nutmeg or all-spice).

Cover and cook over a low to moderate heat (shaking the pan occasionally) for about 30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and the liquid is absorbed. Serve with a sprinkling of chopped parsley or chives (or chervil).
    No wonder you are in the mood for a plateful! They look delicious! Need to print this one out.

Comment

Stovies Recipe

Ingredients:
      4 oz cold, diced lamb (two-thirds of a cup)
      1 lb potatoes, peeled and sliced. Some people use alternate thin and thicker slices - the thin ones then turn to mush.
      1 (or two if you prefer) large onion, very thinly sliced.
      1 level tablespoon good quality dripping (from meat or bacon). If dripping is not available, cooking oil will do (though not as good a flavour).
      Stock or water
      Salt and pepper, nutmeg or all-spice for seasoning
      Chopped parsley or chives

Method:
      Melt the dripping in a large pan (preferably with a tight fitting lid), add a layer of sliced potatoes, then a layer of onion and next a layer of meat. Add enough stock or water to cover (though some prefer their stovies dry, in which case add only 2-3 tablespoons). Then repeat the layers once again and season the dish thoroughly - in addition to salt and plenty pepper, add some nutmeg or all-spice).

Cover and cook over a low to moderate heat (shaking the pan occasionally) for about 30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and the liquid is absorbed. Serve with a sprinkling of chopped parsley or chives (or chervil).

Comment

HHMMMMM....

If it is possible to commit the sin of glutony without actually taking a bite, this is the place i could do it.

UUMMMMM....

Don't mind me I will just fill my plate and sit quietly in the corner.

Comment

Originally posted by yogi3939 View Post
          HHMMMMM....

If it is possible to commit the sin of glutony without actually taking a bite, this is the place i could do it.

UUMMMMM....

Don't mind me I will just fill my plate and sit quietly in the corner.
          Is thinking about it as bad as doing it?

Judging by what the Lord said, it is...

That is why I am only having small bites of each...

In my mind...

Just enough to taste, you understand...

Not really big platefuls...

Hardly enough to keep a mouse alive...

Well, a fairly large mouse...

a quite large mouse...

a very large mouse...

an extremely large mouse...

say about the size of a small horse...

well, OK, a quite large horse...

or maybe a very large horse...

or two...

or three...

or so...
          Discernment is not knowing the difference between right and wrong. It is knowing the difference between right and almost right. - Charles H. Spurgeon

Comment

Is thinking about it as bad as doing it?

Judging by what the Lord said, it is...

That is why I am only having small bites of each...

In my mind...

Just enough to taste, you understand...

Not really big platefuls...

Hardly enough to keep a mouse alive...

Well, a fairly large mouse...

a quite large mouse...

a very large mouse...

an extremely large mouse...

say about the size of a small horse...

well, OK, a quite large horse...

or maybe a very large horse...

or two...

or three...

or so...
            PLEASE! You have gone through 47 plates as I typed this! SHARE!

Comment

Originally posted by Amber Lynne View Post
              Attention! The seafood bar is up and running. Everything is available and you can get it baked, broiled, pan fried or deep fried.

Aaaaaand the grill is ready. You choose the meat and we will grill it to taste. Veggies too. Oh, and burgers and hot dogs.

Enjoy y'all!!!
              THANK YOU! I was trying to find the seafood bar. Was wanting some of those Alaskan King Crab legs, ok and shrimp, and uh lobster. Oh and burnt hot dogs from the grill. Mmmm, mmmm...............

Comment

PLEASE! You have gone through 47 plates as I typed this! SHARE!
                Yes'm...
                Discernment is not knowing the difference between right and wrong. It is knowing the difference between right and almost right. - Charles H. Spurgeon

Comment

Yes'm...
                  Wow, she's got your number! Doesn't she remind you of Icebear?

Comment

Originally posted by His Bride View Post
                    Wow, she's got your number! Doesn't she remind you of Icebear?

Comment

I have all these other people to cook for...I can't be refilling plates and washing up after you!

*Giving Anddra the stink eye even though it is his birfday*

Comment

I have all these other people to cook for...I can't be refilling plates and washing up after you!

*Giving Anddra the stink eye even though it is his birfday*
                        Hey, don't worry. I'll help with the dishes.

We can use the dishwasher...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MrMannn View Post
                            Two old guys in the balcony seats are going to bring the Pepsi.
                            I guess I'm one of those guys. I'm old and I love Pepsi.

I'll also bring the Cheetos.

Comment

Comment

I am a sucker for an Anddra hug. I need a spine.

Comment

Working...
                                X