Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Movie "The Genesis Code""

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Movie "The Genesis Code""

    Watched this on Netflix today. Interesting take on putting science and God together on the time line of creation. Has anyone else seen this movie? Any opinions?

  • #2
    Haven't seen it,but the premise sounds like it would be good...provided it's handled right.
    This world is not my home. I'm just passing through. If heaven's not my home, O Lord, what would I do? The angels beckon me from heaven's open door, and I can't feel at home in this world anymore."
    Complete justice for us will come only "when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels" (v. 7).

    Comment


    • #3
      I enjoyed it. There were some moments that I was like what ? I am not sure what he said really made any sense at all but it is a movie.

      Comment


      • #4
        I loved the explanation of the different time frames of the beginning of the world.

        Comment


        • #5
          I find it is always helpful to read the viewer's reviews before
          renting a movie. There is a review by a former Physics professor
          that was quite interesting . Go to Netflix, bring up the Genesis
          Code movie, and read the reviews. I opted out of renting
          it because of something he wrote. Guess what it was?
          Heh-heh.
          Baruch atah Adonai Eloheinu melech haolam --Blessed are you O Lord our God, King of the universe

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by IamHis View Post
            I find it is always helpful to read the viewer's reviews before
            renting a movie. There is a review by a former Physics professor
            that was quite interesting . Go to Netflix, bring up the Genesis
            Code movie, and read the reviews. I opted out of renting
            it because of something he wrote. Guess what it was?
            Heh-heh.
            Thanks, I'm really grateful that you posted ...I never read the reviews...went back and found the one you were referring to and bought the book on ebay.

            Comment


            • #7
              I just watched it on the recommendation of the op and I really enjoyed it. Thanks for the heads up on this one. I too loved the quantum time theory and thought it made a lot of sense. I also got a bit lost in the science but overall they did a good job of explaining it, I thought.



              Isaiah 1:18
              Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.

              Comment


              • #8
                It has been about a month since I watched the movie

                I thought the movie was very good at trying to get the Christian to compromise on God's word and what God meant by a day- evening and day.

                The discussion at the end was way over my head- no idea if it was of any sense or not and at this point I can't recall all that I started to pick apart by it, but one that comes to mind is the creation of man.

                If one day was millions or billiions of years, then Adam was millions of years old- or at least 10s of thousands of years old when God brought a deep sleep on him and of course it took at least 10's of millions of years for the animals to be brought to him to name them.

                I was watching this with my grandchildren and I had to stop or 'commentary' on the falsehoods that were contrary to God's word and ultimately thought it was just a cleverly disguised deception to get man to compromise on "In the beginning" and ultimately on other versus of scripture that the "church" now picks and chooses what versus they believe. The children were then able to start using their crtical thinking skills and able to see other ways in which they were trying to be seduced.

                David Hocking has a great series on Genesis. (Hopefortoday.org) There is no gap theory and a day is a day. I'll stick with God's word and not allow science to minimize the power and glory of our Lord and Savior.

                The movie glossed over the 'bang'- where and what caused that, if I recall correctly- obviously "something" caused that, etc., etc., etc.,

                The movie was entertaining and interesting to see how to manipulate science and religion to get them both to compromise...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by M4EVERHIS View Post

                  David Hocking has a great series on Genesis. (Hopefortoday.org) There is no gap theory and a day is a day. I'll stick with God's word and not allow science to minimize the power and glory of our Lord and Savior.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    i like Hocking, i'll have to check this out. i used to load sermons or Christian subject teachings on my mp3 player and listen to them in bed before sleep, but since i had my second child i have been afraid to have wires in bed or too close, so i had to give that up until she has her own room.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I just checked David Hocking's site for the teaching on Genesis and the complete series on MP3 is $215.00. I couldn't do that at all.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by M4EVERHIS View Post
                        I thought the movie was very good at trying to get the Christian to compromise on God's word and what God meant by a day- evening and day.

                        The discussion at the end was way over my head- no idea if it was of any sense or not and at this point I can't recall all that I started to pick apart by it, but one that comes to mind is the creation of man.

                        If one day was millions or billiions of years, then Adam was millions of years old- or at least 10s of thousands of years old when God brought a deep sleep on him and of course it took at least 10's of millions of years for the animals to be brought to him to name them.

                        I was watching this with my grandchildren and I had to stop or 'commentary' on the falsehoods that were contrary to God's word and ultimately thought it was just a cleverly disguised deception to get man to compromise on "In the beginning" and ultimately on other versus of scripture that the "church" now picks and chooses what versus they believe. The children were then able to start using their crtical thinking skills and able to see other ways in which they were trying to be seduced.

                        David Hocking has a great series on Genesis. (Hopefortoday.org) There is no gap theory and a day is a day. I'll stick with God's word and not allow science to minimize the power and glory of our Lord and Savior.

                        The movie glossed over the 'bang'- where and what caused that, if I recall correctly- obviously "something" caused that, etc., etc., etc.,

                        The movie was entertaining and interesting to see how to manipulate science and religion to get them both to compromise...
                        Ah-ha! That is the very thing I found in the movie reviews that made me NOT rent this movie. God said an evening and the morning were one day. According to the review on Netflix, the movie was trying to say that one day was a very much longer time! Bingo, you win the prize--a smile from God for your discernment.
                        Baruch atah Adonai Eloheinu melech haolam --Blessed are you O Lord our God, King of the universe

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by IamHis View Post
                          Ah-ha! That is the very thing I found in the movie reviews that made me NOT rent this movie. God said an evening and the morning were one day. According to the review on Netflix, the movie was trying to say that one day was a very much longer time! Bingo, you win the prize--a smile from God for your discernment.
                          God made plant life on the third day and the Sun on the fourth day and plants cannot live without the Sun for very long.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            How can you define a 24 hour day without the sun, as it is the earth's rotation on its axis, in relation to the sun that gives us our 24-hour day (yom in Hebrew?) One argument is that there was light (day 1) before the sun was created. However, there is no further information about this primordial light. The orbit of the earth is also influenced by the sun, moon and planets. We don't know anything about the orbit of the earth prior to the creation of the sun. The Hebrew word "yom" can refer to a period of time. Any thoughts?

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by KingBozra View Post
                              I just checked David Hocking's site for the teaching on Genesis and the complete series on MP3 is $215.00. I couldn't do that at all.
                              arrgh. that much? i coudn]t do that either. :_( he does have some free stuff though. through some conference yearly thing... if i remember the name of it i'll link it. something red river..." i think. i am tired. its almost 4am here. i have insomnia
                              maybe Radio Free Church?

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X