Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John0730 View Post
    Hello all,

Can anyone recommend a great book on Faith. What I mean is a really good book on what exactly is faith and why it is so important. I understand it is important, but while doing my reading in the Word this morning it just came up me that I want to learn more what "faith" really is and then why is it so important to live by faith beyond simply "believing" in Christ as our Lord and Savior. Our Lord frequently says how faith is so important in the Kingdom and often gave healings, blessings, and salvation based on a persons "faith." Hope this question I am asking makes sense.

Thanks!
    Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis. It is not exactly what you asked for, but ultimately the book shows that growing in one's faith is essential to understanding one's faith. Lewis sees it, (Faith) as a journey or progression.

you noted later you did Bible study and meditation. I was going to suggest that too. It seems to me that I hear what is being told to me so much better if I am outside somewhere, just being quite. usually fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by John0730 View Post
      Excellent recommendation of "On Faith" by Smith Wigglesworth reading it daily as part of my daily devotion and prayer along with the Bible and a couple other books.
      Wonderful! I am glad it has blessed you.

Have a blessed day.

Comment

Working...
      X