Paul Apostle of Christ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Apostle of Christ

Just wonder if anyone has seen this movie yet? It's not out here in the UK yet. Mixed reviews online as to the accuracy of the film, but on the whole the majority of the film seems ok. Wonder whether to bother seeing it as the cinema is so expensive to go to here.
    For Thou art my hope, Oh Lord God Psalm 71:5
    Being confident of this very thing, that He who hath begun a good work in you, will perform it to the day of the Lord Philippians 1:6

MY TABLET CANNOT TYPE OR SPELL

It is a very good movie.
    Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. Psalm 84:10

Comment

It's playing here next week. I'm torn as to whether we should go or not.
      We went to I Can Only Imagine this weekend and I liked it but was disappointed that they didn't share the gospel.

Comment

I liked the movie. I thought that some of the scenes were a little "too clean" as in they looked like a theatre play scene instead of resembling reality, but overall I give the movie high marks.
        Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

@TT I know what you are saying... it's like the westerns where everybody and everything is immaculately clean
          and lit up like a soundstage. "Passion of The Christ" broke that which ironically featured this same lead.........

Comment

Originally posted by Koalie View Post
            It's playing here next week. I'm torn as to whether we should go or not.
            We went to I Can Only Imagine this weekend and I liked it but was disappointed that they didn't share the gospel.
            I was very confused by this....have not seen movie...heard numerous folks say that is was a great movie...but if it does not share the gospel then what is the point???? Talking about I can only Imagine. How can it be a Christian movie if it does not share the gospel. The gospel is IT!!! I mean that I have had a lot of people tell me that they were sobbing they were so moved by this movie...not sure what to think about all of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunshine View Post

I was very confused by this....have not seen movie...heard numerous folks say that is was a great movie...but if it does not share the gospel then what is the point???? Talking about I can only Imagine. How can it be a Christian movie if it does not share the gospel. The gospel is IT!!! I mean that I have had a lot of people tell me that they were sobbing they were so moved by this movie...not sure what to think about all of this.
              Same here, no gospel what's the point, to pull on emotions.
              John 10:27-30 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Fatherís hand. I and the Father are one.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunshine View Post

People were probably moved emotionally by the fact that Bart Millard had such a difficult upbringing and then he made it to fame by writing a #1 hit song.
                I hope we can have opportunities to talk to other people about WHY we didn't necessarily think the movie was all that great...because there was no salvation message.

Comment

Thank you, notnsure when it will come to the UK, but may well go.
                  For Thou art my hope, Oh Lord God Psalm 71:5
                  Being confident of this very thing, that He who hath begun a good work in you, will perform it to the day of the Lord Philippians 1:6

MY TABLET CANNOT TYPE OR SPELL

Comment

Working...
                  X