Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed (whole movie)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lou in NJ View Post
    Personal recommendation: Rent/buy "Privileged Planet" and watch that, then watch "Expelled". Guillermo Gonzales is one of the lead scientists in PP, and he appears in Ben Stein's film too. Some of the flack he got in the academic community resulted from his work on PP. Watching PP sets a powerful context for Stein's point in "Expelled".

Both great films.
    Dr. Gonzales was at Iowa State when he was denied tenure. My daughter is a senior in high school and we live in Iowa, so ISU was high on our list of colleges. After they denied him tenure, I wrote to the president of the college to let him know that we were no longer considering ISU and let him know why. She was getting quite a bit of mail/e-mail from ISU this year, so I let the admissions counselor know why we were not considering ISU. Actions must have consequences. Admittedly, they probably didn't lose too many students because of it, but my money won't be going there.

Also, after buying Privileged Planet, donate it to your local library. I donated several ID books and DVDs to our library. When I look at the online catalog, they are usually checked out.

Comment

Originally posted by Six Days View Post
      Dr. Gonzales was at Iowa State when he was denied tenure. My daughter is a senior in high school and we live in Iowa, so ISU was high on our list of colleges. After they denied him tenure, I wrote to the president of the college to let him know that we were no longer considering ISU and let him know why. She was getting quite a bit of mail/e-mail from ISU this year, so I let the admissions counselor know why we were not considering ISU. Actions must have consequences. Admittedly, they probably didn't lose too many students because of it, but my money won't be going there.

Also, after buying Privileged Planet, donate it to your local library. I donated several ID books and DVDs to our library. When I look at the online catalog, they are usually checked out.
      Good ways to make an impact!

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
      Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
      Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Comment

For more information about the crystals theory, listen to the audio from Dr. Charles Jackson here. Go to his website and click on "table talk radio". (actually, it's his old website. He's now with the Creation Truth Foundation)

Or download the MP3 from Table Talk Radio. At about the 15 minute mark, Dr. J explains the "crystal theory" and why it's wrong.

i listened to that, it was good

Comment

Originally posted by icebear View Post
          i listened to that, it was good
          Dr. J rocks! He has a unique ability to explain science to people that isn't talking over their heads. He relates to youth especially well. We had him come to town last fall for a "Creation Celebration" for the area high school and jr high youth. They had a local Christian rock band for the first hour and then Dr. Jackson gave a presentation called "Lies in your science textbooks". It was an overwhelming success. The church was packed and many people stayed late asking him more questions. We need our kids to understand that real science is on the side of creation. (by real science, I mean the facts, not the interpretation of the facts that they hear in science class) I would highly recommend inviting him to speak to your youth group.

Here's another radio interview he did on the Frank Pastore Show.

Comment

Dr. J rocks! He has a unique ability to explain science to people that isn't talking over their heads. He relates to youth especially well. We had him come to town last fall for a "Creation Celebration" for the area high school and jr high youth. They had a local Christian rock band for the first hour and then Dr. Jackson gave a presentation called "Lies in your science textbooks". It was an overwhelming success. The church was packed and many people stayed late asking him more questions. We need our kids to understand that real science is on the side of creation. (by real science, I mean the facts, not the interpretation of the facts that they hear in science class) I would highly recommend inviting him to speak to your youth group.

Here's another radio interview he did on the Frank Pastore Show.
            any audio links to "Lies in your science textbooks" ?

Revelation 22:17a The Spirit and Bride are now saying, "Come!" The ones who hear are now saying, "Come!" The ones who thirst are now saying, "Come!" so come LORD Jesus !
            Buzzardhut.net |The Watch Parables | The Rapture | Romans | The Virgin Mary | Roman Catholicism
            Never Heard of Jesus? | The Evidence Bible | Tent Meeting | The Beast/666 | The Kingdom of Darkness | The Nephilim

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzardhut View Post
              any audio links to "Lies in your science textbooks" ?
              I couldn't find any audio links, but I see that he has a DVD on his website called "High School Biology - What's Wrong with the Truth?" The DVD is only $10 including shipping. He is now with the Creation Truth Foundation, so he is probably selling the inventory he has left from Points of Origins Ministries.

Another good resource is Evolution Exposed from Answers in Genesis
              A ďsurvival guideĒ for biology class! This one-of-a-kind book helps teens to discern the chronic bias towards belief in evolution that permeates todayís FOUR most popular high school biology textbooks. Virtually every chapter in each of the secular textbooks contains implied or explicit references to evolutionary beliefs, which are misrepresented as irrefutable facts. However, in Evolution Exposed: Biology these misrepresentations are cross-referenced with online articles and publications that provide both scientific and biblical answers. Key terms are defined, articles are summarized and false ideas are refuted.

Evolution Exposed: Biology is thoroughly indexed by topic so anyone can use it as a reference. Christian students are equipped and inspired to recognize and respectfully challenge evolutionary indoctrination (in class, research papers, and normal interactions outside of school). Using tables, web links, charts, and illustrations, documented facts that counter evolutionary teaching in a powerful and organized fashion are synchronized with each textbookís sequence.
              Last edited by Six Days; February 16th, 2009, 09:26 PM. Reason: added Evolution Exposed

Comment

So.., was there ever an answer as to exactly why ID should not be discussed (besides it might suggest God is real)?

Comment

Expelled

Thanks Buzz for the links to Expelled... I have been waiting for it to come to our town to go watch it and now I can watch it here at my leisure.
                  I have also been very blessed since coming to RR in learning so much. Meeting so many wonderful people here and enjoy reading so many great posts on many different topics.
                  Till we meet in Paradise, Blessings to all RR people.

1 John 4 : 4
                  Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Velyx View Post
                    So.., was there ever an answer as to exactly why ID should not be discussed (besides it might suggest God is real)?
                    I usually hesitate to assign motives to the other side of any debate and the documentary stopped short of doing so. It's usually just an exercise in building a straw man and often is incorrect. I know that evolutionists are nearly always wrong about the motives of creationists and intelligent design supporters.

However, Iíll make some observations, anyway. I think you hit the nail on the head as to why the most vocal of the evolutionists reject ID. Suggesting God is real means submitting to the Creator and changing their lifestyle. For others, itís a matter of pride (not wanting to be looked upon as stupid by their peers). And for some, itís a matter of money (in the form of research grants). Pride and money are probably the biggest reasons for ID supporters being expelled at most universities.

Some know evolution cannot stand up to serious scrutiny. Iíve always thought that if you give a fool enough rope, he will hang himself. They claim we are fools, but wonít give us rope, because they know that the emperor is naked. It was interesting to read about a professor recently that said his university fully supported hosting controversial speakers, but when the Discovery Institute took him up on the offer, he refused.

Most evos are not being deceitful. They truly believe that ID does not use scientific principles. They think that if ID is allowed a foot in the door, scientific research will stop. They ignore that many great scientists (Newton, Mendel, etc.) were creationists, and it didn't stop them from doing research. (Many present day scientists and physicians also doubt evolution.)

They honestly believe that ID supporters do not do any peer-reviewed research (Of course, as the movie pointed out, it's difficult to get an article published if the author and editor know they will be punished) and that ID is not falsifiable (another link). They donít understand the difference between operations science and historical science. They see examples of genetics and incorrectly extrapolate that into neo-Darwinian evolution.

Some think the only motivation of creationists is to get creationism taught in schools. None of the major creationists organizations (ICR, AIG) want that. Honestly, if they did teach creation in schools, the schools would probably get it wrong. Most creationists simply want students to understand the evidence against evolution, too. Even most liberals agree with that position. Churches should be teaching creation (sadly few actually equip believers to defend creation).

The more honest evolutionists recognize the shortcomings of evolution, but choose to deny the obvious. Francis Crick (discovered DNA) said, ďBiologists must constantly keep in mind that what they see was not designed, but rather evolved.Ē Stephen Jay Gould recognized the problem with the Cambrian explosion. Scientists know there are holes in the theory of evolution for their particular discipline, but since the other disciplines (supposedly) support evolution, they overlook the red flags.

Polls have consistently shown that only 15% of the American public does not believe in evolution as it is taught in school. (More Britons believe in evolution, but still less than half.) Of course, science should not be determined by public opinion. But when you have such a poor track record, itís time for scientists to swallow their pride, step back, and honestly re-evaluate the facts.

Comment

Thanks for posting Buzz, I watched it this morning, I've been wanting to see it. I love how Ben closes the show with Dawkins...stick the fork in him, he's done.

Comment

I usually hesitate to assign motives to the other side of any debate and the documentary stopped short of doing so. It's usually just an exercise in building a straw man and often is incorrect. I know that evolutionists are nearly always wrong about the motives of creationists and intelligent design supporters.

However, Iíll make some observations, anyway. I think you hit the nail on the head as to why the most vocal of the evolutionists reject ID. Suggesting God is real means submitting to the Creator and changing their lifestyle. For others, itís a matter of pride (not wanting to be looked upon as stupid by their peers). And for some, itís a matter of money (in the form of research grants). Pride and money are probably the biggest reasons for ID supporters being expelled at most universities.

Some know evolution cannot stand up to serious scrutiny. Iíve always thought that if you give a fool enough rope, he will hang himself. They claim we are fools, but wonít give us rope, because they know that the emperor is naked. It was interesting to read about a professor recently that said his university fully supported hosting controversial speakers, but when the Discovery Institute took him up on the offer, he refused.

Most evos are not being deceitful. They truly believe that ID does not use scientific principles. They think that if ID is allowed a foot in the door, scientific research will stop. They ignore that many great scientists (Newton, Mendel, etc.) were creationists, and it didn't stop them from doing research. (Many present day scientists and physicians also doubt evolution.)

They honestly believe that ID supporters do not do any peer-reviewed research (Of course, as the movie pointed out, it's difficult to get an article published if the author and editor know they will be punished) and that ID is not falsifiable (another link). They donít understand the difference between operations science and historical science. They see examples of genetics and incorrectly extrapolate that into neo-Darwinian evolution.

Some think the only motivation of creationists is to get creationism taught in schools. None of the major creationists organizations (ICR, AIG) want that. Honestly, if they did teach creation in schools, the schools would probably get it wrong. Most creationists simply want students to understand the evidence against evolution, too. Even most liberals agree with that position. Churches should be teaching creation (sadly few actually equip believers to defend creation).

The more honest evolutionists recognize the shortcomings of evolution, but choose to deny the obvious. Francis Crick (discovered DNA) said, ďBiologists must constantly keep in mind that what they see was not designed, but rather evolved.Ē Stephen Jay Gould recognized the problem with the Cambrian explosion. Scientists know there are holes in the theory of evolution for their particular discipline, but since the other disciplines (supposedly) support evolution, they overlook the red flags.

Polls have consistently shown that only 15% of the American public does not believe in evolution as it is taught in school. (More Britons believe in evolution, but still less than half.) Of course, science should not be determined by public opinion. But when you have such a poor track record, itís time for scientists to swallow their pride, step back, and honestly re-evaluate the facts.
                        Thanks for the Answer.

Comment

Youtube says " This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by a third party. "

Comment

Originally posted by OVemLogo View Post
                            Youtube says " This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by a third party. "
                            I was going to watch it, but it said the same thing

Comment

Oh, it's been pulled? Too bad, I was hoping to find a way to watch this without having to give any of my money to Stein.

Comment

Originally posted by OVemLogo View Post
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lmip...eature=related

Comment

Working...
                                X