I Love Cheese!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pixelpusher View Post
    limburger is on my cheese bucket list, never even seen that in real life. what was it like? indescribable? did you go for seconds?
    At a very young age I remember watching cartoons with some ants making war with other ants and one side was launching limburger cheese at the other side, they had gas masks on!
    John 10:27-30 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Fatherís hand. I and the Father are one.

Comment

I like all of it except Limburger. Anything that smells like the south end of a north-bound horse I tend to pass on by!
      John Robinson

Scribe

Comment

You guys make me want some cheese!

When we lived on the West Coast, we visited the Tillamook cheese factory in Oregon several times. Guests can tour & sample everything. Their ice cream is excellent, but my favorite is their smoked cheddar!

Comment

Originally posted by Gravity View Post
          I like all of it except Limburger. Anything that smells like the south end of a north-bound horse I tend to pass on by!
          There is a grocery store near me that has a 'cheese island' that really stinks. I'm not sure which cheese causes the stink, but it is bad enough to make me not want to buy any cheese from there.

My favorites are Brie and Swiss. Sadly, cheese no longer agrees with my digestive tract so I gave it up. . I used to love most kinds of cheese, except not cottage cheese!
          "Therefore my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable,
          always abounding in the work of the Lord;
          knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

1 Corinthians 15:58 (ESV)

Comment

Originally posted by Accepted View Post
            You guys make me want some cheese!

When we lived on the West Coast, we visited the Tillamook cheese factory in Oregon several times. Guests can tour & sample everything. Their ice cream is excellent, but my favorite is their smoked cheddar!
            Never heard of smoked cheddar ice cream....
            "Therefore my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable,
            always abounding in the work of the Lord;
            knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

1 Corinthians 15:58 (ESV)

Comment

Originally posted by Firefly View Post
              Lol

Take one and pass it on!

Comment

Originally posted by Firefly View Post

And their strawberry mozzarella is to die for!!

Comment

I love cheese, but it does not love me back
                  I discovered I can tolerate a little provolone pretty well, as well as a bit of Parmesan.
                  I discovered Brie. about 6 months ago...it was risky, but I tasted it...yummy!
                  Soft cheese causes me more problems, but I love almost everything especially feta and blue cheese.

This will be an unfortunate comment to add to a 'cheese' thread, but I have accepted soy cheese as a substitute. You can't really just eat it straight, but added to other things, it's not bad. Trader Joe's tastes the best IMO.

Now I need to go and cry for a while...
                  sigpic
                  I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken because He is right beside me. Ps. 16:8

Comment

Originally posted by chaser View Post
                    At a very young age I remember watching cartoons with some ants making war with other ants and one side was launching limburger cheese at the other side, they had gas masks on!
                    :rofl

I love it!
                    Matt 16:27 | Rom 3:23 | Rom 10:9 | 1 Thes 5:9-10 | Ps 34:8

Comment

My favorite cheese so far this year was some feta cheese that had lavender in it. Oh man it was amazing! I have had to restrict myself to goat cheese or cheese with no colors added to it otherwise I have horrible stomach cramps.
                      sigpicProverbs 18:10--The name of the LORD is a strong tower; The righteous run to it and are safe.

Comment

Ack! The post where I indicated a new cheese I'd recently tried that was quite good is gone due to the upgrade. Now I don't know remember what it is called and I don't think the smileys are working at the moment so I can't express my angst
                        Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

While looking for Provolone the other day I came across a package of Havarti, looked a little like Swiss, would Havarti be a good choice on a melty beef steak type sandwich?
                          John 10:27-30 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Fatherís hand. I and the Father are one.

Comment

Originally posted by dleader View Post
                            Seriously though take some shredded parmesan and lay it out on parchment paper on a baking sheet. I sprinkle garlic powder, oregano and sometimes basil over it. Put a few thin squares of butter on it. Bake at 400 for 10 to 11 minutes. Let cool a few minutes and cut into pieces. You have parmesan crisps.
                            I did this once, except I sprinkled the cheese in a circle the size of my skillet sprayed light with oil, on the stove top, let it melt a bit, and when soft, draped it over an upside down steel mixing bowl. It cools and you take it off, and you have a lacy cheese bowl. I put salad in them, then you can eat the bowl too.

Comment

Originally posted by chaser View Post
                              While looking for Provolone the other day I came across a package of Havarti, looked a little like Swiss, would Havarti be a good choice on a melty beef steak type sandwich?
                              It would be good. How could it not? : ) I think you should do it with grill-seared rare flank steak, sliced super thin across the grain, on a crusty fresh french loaf -- the kind where the crust shatters like eggshell but the interior is soft and chewy with a huge crumb. Havarti may not quite as sharp as you would like against beef though. When I think of havarti, I recall buttery, nutty, and it being pretty mild but very good. I'm sure the "good stuff" is even better than the supermarket brand pre-sliced I get sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Gravity View Post
                                I pretty much felt the same way about Limburger cheese since my childhood. I remember how my brothers and I would often go to the cheese section of the supermarket as kids just to laugh at how bad the Limburger smelled. Of course, we had no problem eating dried cuttlefish even though it sort of smelled almost as bad in a "dead fish" sort of way.
                                I was finally talked into trying Limburger cheese about a year ago and it actually tasted pretty good. Dried cuttlefish is still way better in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                                X