Campers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Koalie View Post
    We picked out a camper. We'll be traveling 5 1/2 hours tomorrow to go pick it up, Lord willing. It's all the way up near Glacier National Park in Montana. Prayers for travel and getting it hooked up correctly would be appreciated. It's a used 2017 Grey Wolf by Forest River, and we're getting a great deal!

Here's a short video of the exact model. I'm excited to go do some glamping...I mean camping.

https://youtu.be/jc57HmNLgRI
    Wow! That is so nice and it is almost like a small apartment. You will definitely be Glamping! Have fun and prayers for your safe travels.

Comment

Any of you camper enthusiasts ever watch "The Long, Long Trailer"? It is an old movie featuring Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz. It shows up on Turner Classic Movies fairly often. I don't know if it was filmed before or after the I love Lucy era.

https://youtu.be/Z57zQNujPyY
      And if by grace, then it is no longer by works: if it were, grace would no longer be grace.
      Romans 11:6

Comment

DMac, I saw that movie in the theater when I was about ten years old! That would mean it was made 62 years ago.......1955!

Comment

OK, DMac, that video had me biting my nails. Lol
          we have roads and mountains like that all around us and so just last night I was asking Eric what he'd do if he met another trailer on a skinny little road like that in the video. He said he'd have to back it up. I'm like...really, our truck is 21 ft and this trailer is 31 ft. I'm sure he'll get good at it really fast! Either that or we'll end up selling it and getting a smaller camper!
          Thankfully I know our big truck can pull this thing.

Checked to make sure the 7 way plug-in and 4 flat work in the truck. Lights worked but the turn signals and brakes didn't. So I took it to Napa and the guy was able to figure out that two fuses were blown. Another gentleman saw me standing outside the truck with the hood up and he stopped to offer help. Between the two of them they figured it out. When I thanked the older man he said, "that's what Jesus would do." I'm going to drop off a plate of cookies at his house next week. What a kind soul.

Tomorrow we're suppose to have heavy rains and wind gusts. Highway 12 is known for trees and rocks falling on the road, so could you please pray for our safety? Thanks you guys!

Comment

I will be praying for a safe trip for you, Koalie. Congratulations on your new purchase, and I hope you have tons of fun with it!!! Happy Glamping!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DMac View Post
              Any of you camper enthusiasts ever watch "The Long, Long Trailer"? It is an old movie featuring Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz. It shows up on Turner Classic Movies fairly often. I don't know if it was filmed before or after the I love Lucy era.

That was good, very good. The acting was completely convincing. I just did some searching and my library has the movie on DVD. I hope to go pick it up today sometime so I can watch the whole thing.
              Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

Comment

Originally posted by DMac View Post

It's actually really funny and relatable! Love the part where it's cocked sideways a little and an unaware Lucy slips out when she opens the door in the night!
                I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked.
                For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor;
                no good thing does He withhold from those whose walk is blameless.

Psalm 84:10-11

Comment

We picked out a camper. We'll be traveling 5 1/2 hours tomorrow to go pick it up, Lord willing. It's all the way up near Glacier National Park in Montana. Prayers for travel and getting it hooked up correctly would be appreciated. It's a used 2017 Grey Wolf by Forest River, and we're getting a great deal!

Here's a short video of the exact model. I'm excited to go do some glamping...I mean camping.

That's great! The trip to get it will even be a fun adventure!

I think you and your husband are very wise to invest in family memories this way!

Comment

So, how did it all go? Are your kids excited? Where do you think you'll go first?

Comment

Originally posted by Accepted View Post
                      So, how did it all go? Are your kids excited? Where do you think you'll go first?
                      I watched "The Long, Long Trailer" twice before returning it to the library. I want to hear the whole story about the Koalie Clan trailer escapades .
                      Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Timbers View Post
                        I watched "The Long, Long Trailer" twice before returning it to the library. I want to hear the whole story about the Koalie Clan trailer escapades .

I remember that movie well! Lucy collecting those heavy rocks always cracked me up!

Comment

That's great! The trip to get it will even be a fun adventure!

I think you and your husband are very wise to invest in family memories this way!
                          Going to get the camper was indeed an adventure! Had a few hiccups coming home and our truck is going to need some work done to it but thankfully we made it! The highway had lots of downed trees and rocks and creeks overflowing onto the road and down into the river, but the Lord blessed us with a safe journey. Praise Him! I was so proud of Eric driving over Lolo pass in the pouring rain with a truck not working right. I just sat there and hugged my pillow and prayed!

I feel like we made a wise decision as well. The kids are growing up so quickly and will be leaving the nest before we know it. I'm excited to make some memories with my little happy campers!

The kids are VERY excited! I already reserved a site at the Dworshak Idaho State Park in May and we'll be camping during both Hannah's and Gabe's birthdays. We were thinking about getting them some kayaks to use on the lake. So we're looking forward to that! My SIL and I are planning a long bike ride for one of the days...Lord willing. And Eric's brother will be there with his bass boat, so we'll have a good ol time!
                          Then in July we're going up around Sandpoint Idaho for a week long family reunion on my husband's side. We're planning on taking the camper for that.
                          We're also just talking about going out on the weekends to discover new places...Maybe even to the city for a weekend around our anniversary and stay at a state park. Then I can talk Eric into doing some bike rides on the city paths Then we'll take it up in the mountains for hunting season. I think that'll be the true test for it!

TT you gave me an idea! I'm going to get a scrapbook and record each of our journeys along with pictures and such. Our last name is really close to "Camper", so I'll put on the front: (last name) Clan Camper Escapades". <----- this is by far my fave emoji on this forum. It fits my silly personality.

For those who prayed for our journey, thank you!
                          It was a little stressful as well because Hannah and Gabe went to Spokane to a Christian concert with a group of 15 and the church van broke down! Praise the Lord that they eventually made it home ok and that one of the kids had a relative in the city that took them all in.

Comment

Enjoy Gods creation with your camper. I love camping but can't imagine hauling a camper in the mountains. I can barely drive a car when it gets too steep without a panic attack.
                            The dogs are barking, someone is knocking on the door...

Please pray for Lindsey's salvation

Comment

Great! Thank you, Lord, for providing! Enjoy the blessing to its fullest!
                              I'm a semi-outdoorsy girl. Not in great shape anymore, definitely not a hunter and can't hike as far as I used to. In living near the Rocky Mountains before, love me some camping! I don't care if it's a tent or an RV as long as I have an air/regular mattress. Love campfires, lakes, talking and playing games! Enjoy it, Koalie!
                              Toots

Comment

I remember that movie well! Lucy collecting those heavy rocks always cracked me up!
                                Glad you enjoyed it.
                                And if by grace, then it is no longer by works: if it were, grace would no longer be grace.
                                Romans 11:6

Comment

Working...
                                X