No announcement yet.

Anyone learning to play the guitar?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had my fifth lesson on Friday. I'm having serious issues keeping time, but my sight reading is good. Started Em Pentatonic scale on Friday. Spent 10 hours last week trying to master C chord to G7th chord and back. I can almost do it now.

Slim

Comment

• Originally posted by PickensSlim View Post
      Had my fifth lesson on Friday. I'm having serious issues keeping time, but my sight reading is good. Started Em Pentatonic scale on Friday. Spent 10 hours last week trying to master C chord to G7th chord and back. I can almost do it now.

Slim
      Awesome! Keep it up. Practice is the key, esp. learning to switch chords. It took me forever to learn some switches that are now automatic. It's been almost two years at lessons and I've learned so much, and I still love (almost) every minute of it.

I've really really tried to make as good of friends with my electric as my acoustic and it's working. I do wish I had "peers" to play with, some people a little better than me to jam with...I think it would help a lot. I also need to learn several new hymns so I can play at church a bit more...still need to work on my nerves.

Thanks to sweeetlilgurlie on Narniaweb for the sig

Comment

• I've had little to no opportunity for worship practice this summer, especially with others. I also need practice playing with others (not the same as practicing yourself and perhaps more important for a worship team) and dealing with nerves (which you also can't do by yourself).

The thing is, at my church the older "more experienced" people on the worship team always get to lead, be on teams, etc. and newer people never are. So the more experienced people are too busy with worship responsibilities to help with the less experienced, as they have to deal with their own worship responsibilities. In the short term, it's easier, less risk involved, etc.... but when they leave, it's a big problem because they've done everything and the newer people haven't been trained, haven't practiced with the others, and haven't had a lot of experience leading for people.

The other thing is--at my church there's a bias against white Americans in terms of getting to be on the teams.

Some stuff that goes on with worship ministries, I really can't stand. And it doesn't appear to be limited to just mine.
        Praise Warrior
        Psa 150:6 Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD.

Comment

• Everyone still picking and grinning?

DD1 and I are considering trading in the 3/4 violin and viola for a better sized violin.
          Been lovin the solos Jessie from Galic Storm plays. {Mechanical Bull}

And Orange Blossom Special has ALWAYS been a favorite of mine.
          It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”
          sigpic

Comment

• Well....

DD1 is starting the fiddle.

I finally got on youtube and checked out Leo Kottke clips..... WOW!!!!!

Now I know a bit more. So it's off to open D tuning and Watermellon.
            It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

sigpic

Comment

• Got a "new" guitar this week; new to me . It's a Fender Telecaster, and it matches my Fender Stratocaster in color. It is indeed used; it is my instructor's extra tele, he has another one and I finally convinced him to sell this un' to me. I'm loving learning the differences between the two, it makes really listening to the tone fun because I can plug one in after the other and play the same song to hear the differences.

I'll definitely use the strat for heavier stuff and louder lead like in rock (it has a humbucker), and the tele for rhythm, country, contemp. Christian, and folk rock. Still havin' fun and learning lots! It's been two years, and I'm so very happy I'm learning, and playing, guitar!

Thanks to sweeetlilgurlie on Narniaweb for the sig

Comment

• seems time to revive this oldie but goodie.

How are all the pickers doing?

I hope to take DS up to the Martin Factory in Nazareth. I've been busy with Scouting which coincides with the church's worship team practice.
                But as DS turns 18 soon that will free up time.

Really considering a bass, 5 string rythm/jazz type.... we shall see.

sigpic

Comment

• My love for learning the guitar is still there, however there have been so many personal issues in my life in the last year and a half that I've had to put it on the back burner. I stopped my lessons when my instructor stopped coming to my town and haven't bothered to look for a new one. I sold my Gretsch, and I'll be putting my Jackson on Craigslist soon. I'm keeping the Taylor accoustic and my Fender Strat. I was recently given a Martin Backpacker, but it's very difficult to play and doesn't have a full fretboard. Kinda weird.

Someday life will be easier again and I can pick it up and get back to it.
                  Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed.
                  ~2 Timothy 2:15

God said it, I believe it, that settles it.

Comment

Working...
                  X