Something safe to kill spiders?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something safe to kill spiders?

I have moved into a home that has some nasty looking spiders lurking around the windows.I want to spray them with something that is as "natural" as possible and not one of those nasty insecticides that cause cancer.Any ideas?

I keep a can of old-fashioned cheap hairspray that has shellac in it.

Comment

I grab them with a tissue and crush them until they're dead, then toss the whole thing into the waste basket.
      Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

Windex

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Timbers View Post
          I grab them with a tissue and crush them until they're dead, then toss the whole thing into the waste basket.
          My hubby grabs them with his hand and throws them in the toilet! I don't know how he does it!!!! Chills!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nanny View Post
            I keep a can of old-fashioned cheap hairspray that has shellac in it.
            That is a thought.It suffocates them.

NO WAY......

Originally posted by katiesmom07 View Post
            Windex
            I use Windex all the time.I love the stuff.Is it the ammonia that kills the spider?

Comment

Originally posted by IMSAVED View Post
              I use Windex all the time.I love the stuff.Is it the ammonia that kills the spider?
              Hmmm... reminds me of the move: "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"

3 trees

Comment

I am sorry to say the the Windex did not work.After zapping them with the Windex they were crawling around and very capable of biting off my head.

Comment

They don't like essential citrus oils. Lemon, orange, lime... You can spray or wipe this stuff where they like to congregate and they'll move somewhere else. Plus it smells good.

Comment

A shoe works well

Smack them as they come out. Works for me.

Comment

Hmmm... reminds me of the move: "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"
                      I am sorry to say the the Windex did not work.After zapping them with the Windex they were crawling around and very capable of biting off my head.
                      You have to shout 'OPA!' while squirting them.
                      The heavens are telling of the glory of God; And their expanse is declaring the work of His hands.
                      Day to day pours forth speech, And night to night reveals knowledge.
                      (Psa 19:1b-2)

Comment

windex.... you need more psi.

If they are that tough, use a .22

It is a little hard on the frame/glass/wall, but it's very effective.

And lead is a naturally occuring element.

Chickens are great for cleaning up bugs. Its just the cleaning up after the chickens that can be discouraging. PM Alex for advice.
                        It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”
                        sigpic

Comment

Aqua-net, and a Bic lighter.

Comment

After being sprayed with windex, did they immediately begin to grow to 10 times their normal size?

3 trees

Comment

Arachnoidphobia

I had a friend who used a flame thrower until it caught the tree right next to the house on fire...

Do citronella candles work on all pests or just supposedly on mosquitoes? Anybody know? I know they work on me. I cannot stand citronella odors...

If all else fails, you can

Mary Brown

John 15:18-25

Revelation 4:1
                              New International Version (©1984)
                              After this I looked, and there before me was a door standing open in heaven. And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, "Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this."

Comment

Working...
                              X