Kindle Fire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by adamrach View Post
    Thanks Wishing 4 I will check that site out, and then for our library do I just go to their site and do they have a place for kindle users? I am not very smart technology wise with new things.
    I haven't checked anything out yet, but maybe your library website has a e-reader section. When I go to my library's site and click on catalogue there is then a box that says "Digital Media" and right above it is a link that says "click for e-books".

I hope that's helpful. If not, maybe there is a search feature you could try or contact your library and ask them.
    Isaiah 26:3 You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebekah View Post
      Yes, but if you've ever gotten a booger encrusted book from the library...You'll understand why borrowing or buying them electronically is much more sanitary!
      I suddenly love my kindle all the more now!
      As far as reading I love to read anything I can get my hands on!

Comment

Originally posted by Rebekah View Post
        Yes, but if you've ever gotten a booger encrusted book from the library...
        We bought our own Cliffords, Bill Peets, and other Weekly Readers for that reason.
        And reading to your kids is something far more personal than a kindle can accomplish - IMHO.

Perhaps it is the calibre of books you are reading, where you find such bio-hazards....

All the Classics I have found have been booger free,

but I do run into the occasional French- pardon moi and SNAFUs,

and some of the DVDs from the library are boogered up (scratched) ......
        It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”
        sigpic

Comment

Wally, one of the best things my Dad did was read to me. Nightly. He would make up stories (which he swears he doesn't remember - maybe God put them in his head) and read me stories.

If I had kids I'd be reading to them from the start.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
          'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
          I get my Bibles here

Comment

One of our favorites were the Roger Hargraves Little Miss, Mr Men books. The way he added vocabulary.... great books.
            It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”
            sigpic

Comment

I have a Pandigital Supernova and just love it!!!!
              It uses the Barnes and Noble store. But can also get Apps from
              the Amazon appstore. and did download the Kindle app. although
              I have not use it yet.
              Most of the time I just use the B&N site.... but there are times that
              I will be looking for a book and it won't be on B&N and go to Amazon
              and it will be there:shifty.

When you look for books just type in Free Kindle books in the search box.
              That is what I do on B&N but change the word to Nook.

There are also 2 Apps that you might like.... Or any one else too
              Olive tree bible
              Bible.Is --- This one will actually show video of Bible stories
              Prz-Him

Comment

I really admire the HCSB and ESV Bible publishers. They offer them for free on Amazon.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

I get my Bibles here

Comment

Originally posted by Acts5:41 View Post
                  I really admire the HCSB and ESV Bible publishers. They offer them for free on Amazon.
                  I got an HCSB when I got my kindle but I haven't read any. I also got ESV because that's what pastor uses.

I told my older DS that I might check out library books for him to read on it...might...the other two kids get "real" books. (helps keep the boogers off my kindle, too.)
                  Isaiah 26:3 You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.

Comment

I have the HCSB on my Kindle, love it.
                    Psalm 30:11-12 (New King James Version)

11 You have turned for me my mourning into dancing;
                    You have put off my sackcloth and clothed me with gladness,
                    12 To the end that my glory may sing praise to You and not be silent.
                    O LORD my God, I will give thanks to You forever.

Pre-Flood!
                    Thanks for the citizen title Hoot!

Comment

Originally posted by RaptureReady_7 View Post
                      I have the HCSB on my Kindle, love it.
                      This is off thread as I don't have a kindle, I like the feel and smell of books too much to give in yet. On another thread RR7 you told us that you have a DVD series called 'Against All Odds Israel Survives' and last week one of our christian bookstores had it for sale in their catalogue. We bought it and I am half way through and thoroughly enjoying it. So, thankyou

Comment

Originally posted by adamrach View Post
                        I got a kindle fire so I can download books and read more without having to go to the library which has been harder for me to do lately. This will make it alot easier. Does anyone have one of these, any suggestions on how to best use it, where to get free books, and any suggestions for good book reads, fiction or nonfiction. Thanks guys!
                        http://www.classicly.com/ is a great site to get free classics that are out of copyright. They offer Kindle ready formats (.azw) for download. I've some works of Charles Dickens and H. Rider Haggard onto to my Kindle Touch.

Comment

RR7, the nice thing about a Bible on your Kindle - someone is going to love that after the rapture!

I get my Bibles here

Comment

Originally posted by Poppycat View Post
                            This is off thread as I don't have a kindle, I like the feel and smell of books too much to give in yet.
                            I even love the smell of musty old books.
                            John 1:29 Behold the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world

Revelation22:17 Both the Spirit and the bride say, "Come!"

Comment

Originally posted by JoyJoyJoy View Post
                              I even love the smell of musty old books.

Comment

Ok new question now that I have downloaded books onto my kindle how do I get them off, I have pressed the remove from device but they don't leave my screen, and I am not sure if they are taking up space and I don't like clutter I only want to keep the really important ones.

Comment

Working...
                                X