Toothpaste

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Verisimilitude View Post
    I used to reuse them quite often. As they weakened I would use 2 or 3 used ones. Once they started sticking to the clothes, I knew they were finished and threw them out. In the interest of the environment, I gave up on them and started to use 2 dryer bars. One just doesn't do it. I've found the dryer bars last far longer than just 3 months. Also they are far better for the environment.
    I was thinking about getting dryer bars....but what happens when I dry towels? I don't use softener on them because it cuts down on their absorbability...and since the bars are anchored in....I can't use them.
    "Even so, come Lord Jesus, come. Even so....come and take Your Bride away. How my soul longs to be with You, my Lord! Even so, even so, come, Lord Jesus, come!" (Rev. 22:20)...Terry MacAlmon Music Ministries
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger Lily View Post
      When food jars (e.g., like jelly jars) get close to empty, if you store them on their sides it is easier to scoop the last little bits out.
      I use a spatula to clean out jelly and peanut butter jars.
      John 13:35
      By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

Comment

Baking soda is good to clean with but be careful if you are going to brush your teeth with it or use it for an anti-acid.It can be really bad if you have high blood pressure.It has a huge amount of sodium in it.

Comment

Do yourself a favor and get toothpaste that doesn't have fluoride in it.
          Just google fluoride and you'll see what I mean. You can use baking soda,
          or baking soda and sea salt combined. You don't need very much. It
          cleans well. Try not to swallow if you are avoiding salt content.
          I slit open the tubes, and also drain shampoo bottles upside down over
          another partly full one. Set em up overnight, morning comes, they
          are completely empty. You can slit hand or face lotion tubes the same
          way, lots left in there. If you can't use all the lotion right away when
          you slit the tube, just save a couple small bottles ( like from vitamins
          or something like that) and scoop the contents into that. Waste not,
          want not. Yes, a small nicely flexible spatula works great on getting
          the last little bit out of jars of food. There are some neat books out
          there about using everyday household products for cleaning, etc.
          Well worth the few dollars. Or talk to a grandma, they have lots of
          neat tips.
          Baruch atah Adonai Eloheinu melech haolam --Blessed are you O Lord our God, King of the universe

Comment

"Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without."

Handy little phrase that has been around for a while. (Commonly used by "Froogs" )

Thank you, Mary Rae, for your lovely picture!

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21
            ______

Comment

Originally posted by IamHis View Post
              Do yourself a favor and get toothpaste that doesn't have fluoride in it.
              Just google fluoride and you'll see what I mean. You can use baking soda,
              or baking soda and sea salt combined. You don't need very much. It
              cleans well. Try not to swallow if you are avoiding salt content.
              I slit open the tubes, and also drain shampoo bottles upside down over
              another partly full one. Set em up overnight, morning comes, they
              are completely empty. You can slit hand or face lotion tubes the same
              way, lots left in there. If you can't use all the lotion right away when
              you slit the tube, just save a couple small bottles ( like from vitamins
              or something like that) and scoop the contents into that. Waste not,
              want not. Yes, a small nicely flexible spatula works great on getting
              the last little bit out of jars of food. There are some neat books out
              there about using everyday household products for cleaning, etc.
              Well worth the few dollars. Or talk to a grandma, they have lots of
              neat tips.
              Fluoride definately has benefits.Fluoride can keep your teeth and enamel strong and prevent tooth decay. The problem is if you swallow it.Alot of states have fluoride in the water system.I am not a big advocate for that. I do not drink any of the water out of the faucet or cook with it.It smells bad so it can not be so good.

Comment

I've been brushing my teeth with baking soda and peroxide for a long time. I've also used vinegar for a fabric softener and make my own clothes soap.

Comment

i make a nice sanitizer with half 50% rubbing alcohol and half water in a spray bottle. if i want it scented i get those little bottles of hand sanitizer from Bath & Body Works and squeeze a few drops in. it makes a nice room refresher too.

Comment

I found out the fabric softener I was using was making whites go gray. I switched to vinegar and they brightened up again. I also use vinegar to wash my 1954 linoleum floor - no dull residue.

Comment

i use vinegar and good oldfashioned laundry blueing

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger Lily View Post
                        "Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without."

Handy little phrase that has been around for a while. (Commonly used by "Froogs" )
                        That saying was popular in the last great depression and in the 1940,s

Comment

Homemade Fabric Softener

6 C warm water
                          3 C white vinegar
                          2 C hair conditioner - pick a scent you like but use something cheap!
                          essential oil, optional

1. In a large bowl, combine all three ingredients together and mix. Whisk gently or you will get bubbles.
                          2. Pour into your container and measure out as you would with store bought fabric softener

Comment

Originally posted by Wishing4 View Post
                            But it doesn't taste very good.
                            You might try adding a little sugar to it.
                            Don't panic! Just be Rapture Ready.

Joel 3:2

I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land.

Comment

I have another use for baking soda. Mix it with water and use it to clean battery terminals on your car batteries using a toothbrush. Carefully rinse them off with regular water afterwards. Make sure that you don't short the two terminals together.
                              -Todd
                              Desert Storm Vet-US Navy
                              America...Land of the free BECAUSE of the brave

Live your life in a way that causes others to question their disbelief in God.

We contribute nothing to our salvation except the sin from which we need to be redeemed. William Temple (English diplomat & author)

Comment

Here's an article on home remedies I just came across.

http://shine.yahoo.com/skin-guide/8-...230300122.html
                                -Todd
                                Desert Storm Vet-US Navy
                                America...Land of the free BECAUSE of the brave

Live your life in a way that causes others to question their disbelief in God.

We contribute nothing to our salvation except the sin from which we need to be redeemed. William Temple (English diplomat & author)

Comment

Working...
                                X