Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you NOT want to be doing when the Rapture comes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by arelcy View Post
    I could easily be wrong about this, but isn't that precisely what the sound of the shofar is for?
    Won't we hear the shofar of God calling up those from the grave first? Since we will be called up at the 'last trump' of 100 blasts -- that could take up to a couple of minutes, (depending on how long and short the blasts are). This could easily give you enough time to quickly finish what you were doing -- while you were supposed to be watching! Stay alert on Yom Teruah!
    That's assuming that the "trump[et] of God" (1 Thess 4:16) is a "shofar" and not a... trumpet.

There were regular "trumpets" in the OT, as well. (See Numbers 10:2-3, 4, 1-10, etc.)

There may not be "100 blasts." Paul doesn't indicate such, and since he's addressing the Corinthians (1 Corinthians 15:51-52), would likely have explained such "Jewish shofar scriptures" had that been the intended meaning. In this context, they would have been more familiar with the trumpet that "called ambassadors home, just before war was to break out" (the Church is known as "ambassadors" - 2 Corinthians 5:20). That's how I understand it. My point being simply that there may not be (and doesn't seem likely to be) "100 trumpet blasts" before our time to depart. These may be two entirely different kinds of "trumpets" and for entirely different purposes.

Comment

If you have lived on earth with this problem, it is no wonder you envision a heaven without ever having to deal with waste issues! Not that I know anything about the way a glorified body works -- but, wouldn't it stand to reason that if we are to attend a wedding banquet, that we would also eat and drink? Further, if we do consume solids and liquids, would it not also stand to reason we would have some kind of waste?
      Although, I'm sure whatever form it is, will be both lovely, and perfect.
      I'm with Beccasue on this one. Personally, my thinking along these lines has been that we will not have to deal with bodily waste issues with our new transformed bodies. I believe that our bodies will just utilize any ingested materials as energy without any waste byproducts. God is a glorious Creator.

I don't want to be mowing grass or shoveling six feet of snow.......at any time but least of all when raptured. Of course, sinning is first, then shoveling, then mowing....Since Jesus created us with a sense of humor, the bathroom thing would be comical actually.
      Last edited by Karen; August 17th, 2011, 08:41 AM.
      1 John 3:23 ~ And this is His commandment, That we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as He gave us commandment.

Comment

I'm guessing the LAST thing on our minds at the trump will be what we were just doing. I am sure we won't care. The houses in flames because some saint left the stove on will be far down the list of concerns for those left behind.
        Regards,
        Kevin <><<

Comment

Originally posted by CorrinM View Post
          Better be careful...I'm an accountant for a company that rents portable restrooms. They are actually...

well...

...nevermind.

I'd defend them if I could, but there are just too many stories to tell. Like the one time that we found...

nope....

...nevermind.
          Now when these things begin to take place, look up and raise your heads, because your redemption is drawing near Luke21:28

Cindy

sigpic

Comment

Let us all remember God's attributes!

God is all knowing.... Omniscience
            God is everywhere ... Omnipresent
            God 's power is not limited .. Ominpotent

Christ already knows what you will be doing when He returns.

I know, you are just having fun guessing so I will step aside
            so you all can continue...guessing, I guess!

Comment

Originally posted by iSong6:3 View Post
              I also don't want to be taken while sinning, that's really all.

I'd love to be praying or here or in a crowd of people when Raptured.
              I don't want to be taken while sinning either.

Comment

Trump, trumpet, why split hairs?

I have read and heard theories that say only the saved will hear it...
                That the shofar sound will be inside your brain. They quote JOHN 10:3&4 "To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice; and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out. And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice."

Originally posted by acceptedinthebeloved View Post
                That's assuming that the "trump[et] of God" (1 Thess 4:16) is a "shofar" and not a... trumpet.

There were regular "trumpets" in the OT, as well. (See Numbers 10:2-3, 4, 1-10, etc.)

There may not be "100 blasts." Paul doesn't indicate such, and since he's addressing the Corinthians (1 Corinthians 15:51-52), would likely have explained such "Jewish shofar scriptures" had that been the intended meaning. In this context, they would have been more familiar with the trumpet that "called ambassadors home, just before war was to break out" (the Church is known as "ambassadors" - 2 Corinthians 5:20). That's how I understand it. My point being simply that there may not be (and doesn't seem likely to be) "100 trumpet blasts" before our time to depart. These may be two entirely different kinds of "trumpets" and for entirely different purposes.

Comment

Oops... double post. Triple?!

Comment

Trump, trumpet, why split hairs?

I have read and heard theories that say only the saved will hear it...
                    That the shofar sound will be inside your brain. They quote JOHN 10:3&4 "To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice; and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out. And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice."
                    "Splitting hairs" regarding things which are truly insignificant, I have absolutely no desire to do.

However, I DO believe that there are many things in Scripture where "distinguishing the things that differ" is indeed very important, and the very reasons why we are instructed to do so.

(For example: the doctrine of the differences between the Rapture and His Second Coming is an important one... as is the importance of keeping Israel and the Church distinct, in Scripture... for when they are not kept distinct, it leads to many other [more foundational] doctrinal errors, such as the "lose your salvation" error, etc.)

I only point out the possible difference, here (with the "shofar/trumpet" thing), because a number of people (based on teachings they've heard) automatically equate the two, and believe that the rapture will occur on the very feast day that the shofar sounded in the OT... and that ours will therefore likely be "the last of 100 blasts"... and such like.

Just pointing out distinctions, for those who are interested in further studying these very interesting details.

Comment

Oops... double post. My computer's on the blink!

Comment

Oops... double post. My computer's on the blink!
                        "Oir is leatsa an rioghachd, agus an cumhachd, agus a gloir, gu siorraidh, Amen." ("For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever, Amen" -- Scots Gaelic)

Comment

I couldn't even post any smilies... that's no fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Beccasue View Post
                            Okay - it's official. Preoccupation with bodily waste issues is an innately human concern - - No matter what, it is just something that always comes to mind!!
                            That's because it's nasty and smells bad. Same with BO. That's why the longer Jesus tarries, the more stale we become.

Comment

I couldn't even post any smilies... that's no fun!

I still can't. (and it keeps causing me to reword what I want to say)

Comment

Working...
                              X