Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you NOT want to be doing when the Rapture comes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sinning in any way (thought, word, or deed).

Come Lord Jesus and bring us home!

Comment

Originally posted by Acts5:41 View Post
      Well, to paraphrase something from the JW's, if "Christendom" is asleep during the rapture, the carnage will be greatly reduced. Very few people on the freeways, flying, etc. No buses on the road, no construction, I think God will take us at night for the simple logistics.

I read that years ago and it made perfect sense to me. But, He might want it to be more visible and take us during the day.
      Remember, too, that it's only "day" for half of the world at a time at the most (counting dawn and twilight, that is), so half of the world will be in various stages of sleep, I would think. It also seems to me that once we hear the trumpet, we will immediately wake up, like we do if we hear a sound in the house at night (except for me, who slept through a tornado on 2 separate occasions when the funnel clouds were only a mile or two away ). Either that, or "something" (the Spirit, maybe) might wake us up right before. The dead will rise first anyway, so maybe we'll have a minute to wake up when the trumpet goes off. Nothing to do but wait and see, I guess.
      "Oir is leatsa an rioghachd, agus an cumhachd, agus a gloir, gu siorraidh, Amen." ("For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever, Amen" -- Scots Gaelic)

Comment

My husband has theorized that any cars, etc, will come to a stop without harming others, and God would arrange for a qualified pilot to be on board the airplanes manned by believers. I'm inclined to agree; and it would be even more evidence for those left behind.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
        'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
        I get my Bibles here

Comment

Originally posted by Musician in His house View Post
          Remember, too, that it's only "day" for half of the world at a time at the most (counting dawn and twilight, that is), so half of the world will be in various stages of sleep, I would think. It also seems to me that once we hear the trumpet, we will immediately wake up, like we do if we hear a sound in the house at night (except for me, who slept through a tornado on 2 separate occasions when the funnel clouds were only a mile or two away ). Either that, or "something" (the Spirit, maybe) might wake us up right before. The dead will rise first anyway, so maybe we'll have a minute to wake up when the trumpet goes off. Nothing to do but wait and see, I guess.
          And of course there's the matter of planes, which fly (some with Christian pilots, no doubt) at night. Surgeons are another issue, as are air traffic controllers, EMTs, firefighters, and anyone else who could be a Christian doing something potentially dangerous, if the rapture occurs at that time, at night.

I also think it's a sovereignty issue. God is sovereign and will call us home when it truly is the best time (and of course only He knows when that is). If it's day in America and there are more accidents because of it, it's not because of God that people go to hell but because they don't believe.

Comment

Jesus can take me no matter what I am doing.

Well, to paraphrase something from the JW's, if "Christendom" is asleep during the rapture, the carnage will be greatly reduced. Very few people on the freeways, flying, etc. No buses on the road, no construction, I think God will take us at night for the simple logistics.

I read that years ago and it made perfect sense to me. But, He might want it to be more visible and take us during the day.
            I always thought that he would come at night.But I guess he is going to come when he is going to come.

Comment

I don't want to be caught up in the rapture in the middle of me writing a long and witty response while reading a thread on here. That would bother me for eternity

Comment

Aha! - but whatever it is for us, it would be opposite for people on the other side of the world.
                "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Comment

I also don't want to be taken while sinning, that's really all.

I'd love to be praying or here or in a crowd of people when Raptured.
                  "...earnestly contend for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints." Jude 1:3b

Jesus + something = nothing

Jesus + nothing = Everything

Comment

Originally posted by Crazed for Jesus View Post
                    I don't want to be caught up in the rapture in the middle of me writing a long and witty response while reading a thread on here. That would bother me for eternity

Comment

Originally posted by IMSAVED View Post
                      I always thought that he would come at night.But I guess he is going to come when he is going to come.
                      Me too for some reason. Seems logical (but not Biblical) that the Rapture would happen during ISRAELI daylight hours, which would make it night here. I would guess He would want His chosen people to see it up close and personal. But God's timing, not matter what it is, will be perfect. No doubt.

I remember being on the tail end of about a dozen local Christian motorcyclists going through some twisty roads. We came to a rolling hilly area way out in the country that was straight - I could see all of the riders in the 100 or so meters in front of me. The thought occurred to me that it would be a wonderful time for the Rapture - and have a dozen bikes just fall over and seeing how they would explain that!
                      Regards,
                      Kevin <><<

Comment

Hubby and I discussed this last night. A coworker of his won a trip to Las Vegas. I said to hubby " Good thing you didnt win that trip cause I wouldnt have gone. I dont want the Lord to come back and find me in Sin City.

If any RR members live there.....no offense meant. Just a joke.
                        John 1:29 Behold the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world

Revelation22:17 Both the Spirit and the bride say, "Come!"

Comment

That would be a good thread, but I don't think any one city is bad.

You could say, Houston is bad. We have an overtly lesbian mayor, a hotbed of prosperity teaching and false teachers, a huge gay-lesbian-trangendered-whatever section of town, a massive amount of illegal immigrants, and some corrupt business.

But it's not the city's fault. It's the people, living in the city, that have made some bad choices.

I see gambling cities the same way. We did a little weekend trip, years ago, to Reno. It was nice, actually. I spent about $40, won enough to buy myself a coffee cup and breakfast, and came home.

However, it would be horrible for a gambling addict.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

I get my Bibles here

Comment

Yes some of us will be sitting on the toilet or whatever. Once you are aloft meeting Christ you will not care.

Comment

Originally posted by Bohdan View Post
                              Yes some of us will be sitting on the toilet or whatever. Once you are aloft meeting Christ you will not care.
                              You're right, but it doesn't seem flattering (to us as humans) to say, "You see, I was, erm... takin' care of business when I got called home."

Comment

We may not even remember.

We like to think we'll remember every moment.

I PRAY I do not!

I get my Bibles here

Comment

Working...
                                X