Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you NOT want to be doing when the Rapture comes?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by twinsmommy View Post
    I've had all these thoughts that you all have! It's amazing and extremely comforting to know that we all think these types of things! It's awesome to know that we aren't alone. I had a thought pop in my head the other day about being raptured while I had the water on in the kitchen so my doggies and cat would at least have water to last them until they were found (also at least until the water got shut off from me not paying it haha) It's my desire, of course, to have all my animals go with me and my family, but that's not for me to decide...only to pray about.
    We have a slow drip on one of the sinks in our bathroom and I still haven't changed that washer...just in case.

I keep thinking that as soon as I change that thing...whoosh!

Maybe I should have you all vote whether I should change it...maybe I'm the one holding up the rapture.

We're not waiting for Last Guy to get saved...we're waiting on a sink repair.
    The penitent man kneels before God...and then rolls forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Evoo327 View Post
      I'm not concerned about what God sees, personally... It's a whole other matter entirely.
      Agree.....I dont want someone discovering my left behind clothes in the bathroom.
      For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Cor 1:18

Comment

"I was just......uhm,.....well.....I just.........uhm....I don't normally......."

Comment

It's funny that you would ask this question .... After I became a Christian the Lord has been working out different things in my life at different times. One of the things was being intimate with someone before marriage. All I could think of was it would be horrible if Jesus came right now. That thought is what made me stop doing that... Because it would be horrible if the rapture came and I was dishonoring the Lord in that way. He can have me on the potty before that anytime....lol.

Comment

I pray that Jesus catches me serving him when He comes for us. I play in the P&W band at church and would love the trumpet to sound while worshiping. I definitely don't want Jesus to find me sinning when He comes.

Comment

several people have mentioned having the computer on to RR for people to find or leaving the water or something on and it got me thinking. It probably isn't going to make a difference. Think about it. When millions of people disappear from the united states alone, think of all the disasters that are going to happen. Car, plane, train crashes. Nobody to moniter critical equitment in the water, electric systems. People that keep satilites running and communication systems....all gone.

Now after some time the people left will realize that there are critical people missing and replace them, but think how much damage will be done just in that twinkling of an eye and until order is restored.

I don't think there will be power for the computers or water for drinking. It's going to be chaos
              For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Cor 1:18

Comment

Lustimg after a woman. I have struggles with it

Comment

Originally posted by Jlutz View Post
                  several people have mentioned having the computer on to RR for people to find or leaving the water or something on and it got me thinking. It probably isn't going to make a difference. Think about it. When millions of people disappear from the united states alone, think of all the disasters that are going to happen. Car, plane, train crashes. Nobody to moniter critical equitment in the water, electric systems. People that keep satilites running and communication systems....all gone.

Now after some time the people left will realize that there are critical people missing and replace them, but think how much damage will be done just in that twinkling of an eye and until order is restored.

I don't think there will be power for the computers or water for drinking. It's going to be chaos
                  Sadly, you're probably right...

Romans 8:15
                  "For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father."
                  I Love My Heavenly Daddy!!

Comment

Originally posted by thexter View Post
                    As others have said: driving. I don't want to be driving with unsaved passengers in the car or have my car hit someone during the rapture. As for the bathroom, I have a sorta sick sense of humor, so I don't mind it at all. It could be my joke for when I get to heaven. I can imagine sitting around with other saints having this conversation: "hey, what were you doing when you got raptured?". Heh. When the rapture does happen, I'd like to be around my co-workers. So they will witness all that I have been trying to tell them. Hopefully they can be saved after that.
                    You could say "I was making good use of what God gave me."

Still, I'm a little surprised no one has said what two married people might be doing.
                    Ephesians 3:17-18
                    That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;

"It is by faith alone we are saved, but not by faith which is alone."

Comment

Originally posted by golden mean View Post
                      Oh my! Me either! That thought goes through my head a lot. Another thing, this is kind of awful, but I was thinking the other day that I hope my dog is outside and not in the house when the rapture comes. i have 2 house cats and i don't want the dog to make a meal of them. I hope the animals join us, but what if they don't? I worry a lot about my pets. I have a huge container of cat food in the pantry and I always leave the lid unsealed so that they can knock it off and have the food when we are gone.
                      I've been thinking about the same thing regarding my dog's food in the pantry. I am going to prop it open slightly so he can get to it!!! Do you think that if we are holding our pets, they can go wit us????

'Walk humbly with the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in all your works and growing in the knowledge of God." Colossians 1:10 NKJV
                      :morncof

Comment

Originally posted by Tesseract View Post
                        You could say "I was making good use of what God gave me."

Still, I'm a little surprised no one has said what two married people might be doing.

the post said what you do NOT want to be doing

Comment

Yeah, God created the act for use between two married people. I don't see a problem there.

I can honestly say I can't think of anything I "wouldn't" want to be doing. I would rather not go if the water is running (sink or shower), but I don't use the stove in the summertime anyway.

I would say "Not while I have a vending machine open" but honestly, they will be looted quickly, I'd imagine. So, it would be irrelevant.

If I am outside the house, there is a camera watching me. We have surveilance cameras in the subdivision, the paratransit vehicles have cameras, so do the "big buses" I ride, stores, work, etc.. all have cameras. That would be cool to get caught on camera.

I would love to get raptured while sleeping, especially if I was having a nightmare (I have a lot of them).

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
                          'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
                          I get my Bibles here

Comment

I don't think I'd mind being taken while in the bathroom. But, I really don't want to be sleeping. I want to be awake to hear that trumpet, as I think it'll be so cool.Also, I'd have tracts in my pocket if I'm out.

But sleeping, I know it happens in the twinkling of an eye so it might not be like I envision - seeing millions come with me and watching the earth zoom away and space zoom past while suddenly having perfect eyesight and all that stuff, but just the thought is so much fun that I have this feeling like I don't want to miss anything.
                            John 3:16 (KJV) For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.

Comment

Well, to paraphrase something from the JW's, if "Christendom" is asleep during the rapture, the carnage will be greatly reduced. Very few people on the freeways, flying, etc. No buses on the road, no construction, I think God will take us at night for the simple logistics.

I read that years ago and it made perfect sense to me. But, He might want it to be more visible and take us during the day.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
                              'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
                              I get my Bibles here

Comment

Originally posted by ANewCreature View Post
                                I don't think I'd mind being taken while in the bathroom. But, I really don't want to be sleeping. I want to be awake to hear that trumpet, as I think it'll be so cool.Also, I'd have tracts in my pocket if I'm out.

But sleeping, I know it happens in the twinkling of an eye so it might not be like I envision - seeing millions come with me and watching the earth zoom away and space zoom past while suddenly having perfect eyesight and all that stuff, but just the thought is so much fun that I have this feeling like I don't want to miss anything.
                                Because the rapture happens in the twinkling of an eye, I don't think it will matter if you are awake or asleep when it occurs. Even if you are awake to hear the trumpet sound, it will all happen so quickly that you won't have time to process it.

Honestly, as long as I'm not sinning, not doing anything I should be ashamed of, I don't care where I am or what I will be doing when the rapture takes place. The Lord has it all figured out. I hate the thought that I might leave from behind the wheel of a car doing 65 mph that might kill unbelievers who would then go to hell, but I have no control over those things. I think it all boils down to trusting the Lord and His timing and being aware that there will probably be a lot of unbelievers who will not survive the rapture. I can't do anything about it, so I refuse to dwell on those things or worry about them. It's just very important that we do all we can to reach the lost with the gospel while there is still time. Our time could run out at any moment.

Pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:17

A closed mouth gathers no feet. Unknown

Inside there's a thin woman trying to get out.
                                I'm keeping her sedated with chocolate

Comment

Working...
                                X