No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the Last Plea Bargain by Randy Singer - kind of a "John Grisham" type author but in the Christian area. Very good book
    Jesus, please come back TODAY!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sydney Spider View Post
      I loved those books! I'm now looking forward to starting "Son Of The Underground" by Brother Yun's son, Isaac Liu.
      OH, I didn't know that was coming out. I'll grab that when I see it.

" I have had an increasing burden to engage in some down and dirty, street evangelism." March 6, 2010

Isaiah 6:8 I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: “ Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?”

Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.”

Matthew 22:9 NIV
      'So go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’

I'm praying for you daily!
      I get my Bibles here

Comment

• I am a lover of Christian fiction.Especially Amish fiction some historical.I am now reading A Season for Tending by Cindy Woodsmall.Not bad.

Comment

• A collection of essay,s about the history and origin of the King James Bible

This 164 page book "King James and it,s translators"by Laurance Vance is actually a collection of essay,s by different people some not seen in print before.
          There are 15 chapters as follows:
          1.King James and the throne of England
          2.The Hampton court conference
          3.The learned men
          4.The King James Translators at work
          5.The 1611 King James Bible
          6.Editions of the Authorized Version.
          7.Chapters,verses,words
          8.Purified 7 times
          9.Was the King James Version authorized ?
          10.The origin of King James Onlyism
          11.King James onlyism in Scotland
          12.A standard Bible
          13.The authorized version and the "originals"
          14.Word changes in the King James Bible
          15.Archaic words and the authorized version.

This book is of a reasonable type size,well spaced andclear to read.It is however intricate and very complete in its coverage of what the King James Bible is and is not.It is not a pro King James book as much as it sounds,its simply a book about the King James Bible.If you want to know about the translators,where they met,their notes and want a complete history of the King James Bible origin in a small concise book this is for you. To me --some of it was dry,giving the ancestry of King James,and other places.

There is also a complete Biblography in the back that is very detailed.

One point that was not given I feel I must add to this book is the fact that the some Christians reject the King James Bible as the perfect word of God because they do not want an ultimate authority ruling over their lives.For example if the NIV was suddenly pronounced as the perfect word of God there would be many rejectors of that version as well simply because if there is no perfect version,then people can feel free to do what they want because there is no ultimate authority in all faith and practice.

Comment

• Started "Israel at War: Inside the Nuclear Showdown with Iran" by Joel Rosenberg last night. It's a short (100 page) kindle book published Oct 15 (and is only $3). So far I really haven't learned much new but it has some direct conversations between Rosenberg and Netanyahu. I'm enjoying it, and it's got all the information on what's going on in the ME in one little book. Also shows just how crazy and dangerous Iran is.
            Isaiah 26:3 You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jan51 View Post
              No Easy Day: The Autobiography of a Navy Seal. The firsthand account of the mission that killed Osama Bin Laden.
              Originally posted by KingBozra View Post
              Was this interesting? Did you learn anything new?
              It was interesting but not in the way that I thought it might be. Not much about the politics, mostly a detailed account of the life of a Navy Seal and what it was like, training for and being part of that mission, and exactly how it went down, complete with maps and drawings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jan51 View Post
                It was interesting but not in the way that I thought it might be. Not much about the politics, mostly a detailed account of the life of a Navy Seal and what it was like, training for and being part of that mission, and exactly how it went down, complete with maps and drawings.
                Thank you.

Comment

• Wilfred Grenfell bio

The bio on Wilfred Grenfell by Janet Benge is a refreshing take on a missionary doctor,s life.He preaches every chance he gets but also gives of himself as a medical doctor in the Labrador region of Canada.
                  This is a more ordinary Christian as opposed to the famous ones and was quite a change of pace to read this great man,s bio.
                  In this bio you read of the humorous story of Grenfell and Moody in which as a man was long praying Moody said to the crowd--"let us sing a song while our brother finishes his prayer"--this event so enamored Wilfred to the cause of Christ,he then totally dedicated his life thereafter.You will read in this book of Wilfred,s despairs and elation's as he endures hardship,despair,shipwreck and the extreme cold on land and on sea.
                  This book is of larger print,easy to read and enjoy--I highly recommend it.

Comment

• Just finished Illusion by Frank Peretti. Loved it; couldn't put it down.
                    Isaiah 26:3 You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.

Comment

• In Reading PA,

Currently 67, partly cloudy, spring-like day.
                      It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”
                      sigpic

Comment

• I am reading "Against The Tide" by Elizabeth Camden.One of my favorite authors.I am about 3/4 of the way through.Good book.

Comment

• Want to know more about the Holy Spirit ??

This 250 page book "meet the Holy Spirit" by Jack Hyles is deep and profound wisdom about everything the Holy Spirit is and does.If you are looking to try to understand Him--(the HOLY SPIRIT),this book will bring you as close to humanly possible to an understanding of this subject.
                          The chapter headings are as follows:
                          1.The Holy Spirit and the Bible
                          2.The Holy Spirit and regeneration
                          3.the reception of the Holy Spirit
                          4.The Holy Spirit and Christlikeness
                          5.The fullness of the Holy Spirit
                          6.The Holy Spirit--our prayer partner
                          7.The anointing of the Holy Spirit
                          8.The Holy Spirit and complete sanctification
                          9.A Spirit controlled--mind controlled body
                          10.The Holy Spirit and growth in grace
                          11.The gifts of the Spirit
                          12.The quiet work of the Holy Spirit
                          13.The Holy Spirit and divine appointments
                          14.Pleading for the power of the Holy Spirit
                          15.The mind of the Spirit
                          16.The liberty of the Spirit
                          17.The Holy Spirit our comforter
                          18.Spirit filled listening
                          19.The sensitivity of the Holy Spirit
                          20.The Holy Spirit and the opposite sex
                          21.The Holy Spirit and music
                          22.The Holy Spirit and oneness
                          23.The Holy Spirit and fellowship with believers who are apart
                          24.The transfer of the Holy Spirit
                          25.What happened at Pentecost
                          26.The throne of the Holy Spirit
                          27.The Holy Spirit--ultimate in conviction
                          28.The body of the Holy Spirit
                          29.The Holy Spirit our seal
                          30.The Holy Spirit and fire
                          31.Women the Holy Spirit of the family
                          32.The Holy Spirit and your schedule
                          33.This kind
                          34.The Holy Spirit and the end time
                          35.The Holy Spirit in heaven
                          This book has given this believer of 40 years new wisdom and understanding--I highly recommend this book.

Comment

• The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare .I'm looking for good books for my son and this is on the Newbery award list. He liked Sign of the Beaver by her. I may have him read this one later when we study ancient Rome.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wishing4 View Post
                              The Bronze Bow by Elizabeth George Speare .I'm looking for good books for my son and this is on the Newbery award list. He liked Sign of the Beaver by her. I may have him read this one later when we study ancient Rome.
                              have him read "Hatchet", "The Cay" and if he's older than twelve, see if he can tackle "Watership Down"

Comment

• Originally posted by icebear View Post
                                have him read "Hatchet", "The Cay" and if he's older than twelve, see if he can tackle "Watership Down"
                                I will check into those. He's almost 10 (4th grade) with a 7th grade reading level. So, he's got a wide range to choose from if they are at his maturity and interest level. The boy in Bronze Bow is 16 I think, but the book is at a 5th grade reading level. So far it seems alright. The boy is more intent on his hatred for Rome than in pretty girls.

Comment

Working...
                                X