No announcement yet.

What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just downloaded "Apollyon Rising 2012" by Tom Horn today and have only read the first 4 pages (the Foreward and the Preface) and am already hooked! I can't wait to get into this one! I have also found that I am reading sooooo much more now that I use an IPad--the pages are lit and the print is so much more legible. I can actually "see" without turning on a light or using reading glasses! Last night I finished Terry James' "The Departure" and have also read Jack Kelley's "7 Things You Need to Know About End Times Prophecy." I have downloaded (for free) The Constitution and The Bill of Rights, but just not in the mood to read them yet. Of course, I also nightly go to Bible Gateway and read Charles Spurgeon's daily devotional plus the daily devotional on another Bible site I visit. I only wish that Hal Lindsey's "Late, Great Planet Earth" was available to download. I've got a paperback copy of it buried somewhere and would love to read it again.
    Now when these things begin to take place, look up and raise your heads, because your redemption is drawing near Luke21:28

Cindy

sigpic

Comment

• Prayers of the Presidents

This 212 page hardcover book--Prayers of the Presidents" contains some of the prayers and belief,s of each president from Washington to George W.Bush.This book also has odd facts about the times of each president such as oregon border disputes,which president was a murderer(duel), which was a p.o.w,who married his schoolteacher,and which president was almost in the confederate congress.

Some of the prayers of these presidents simply call on "God" while others name the name of Jesus and his saving grace and are much deeper and profound.The prayers of Washington and Reagen in particular seem to be much more in depth and a very real feel can be had by reading them at length in other books.

Washington,s prayer journal is also in this book,though it seems incomplete on the last page as the prayer appears to end abruptly--alas all the remaining pages are lost

Comment

• I recently finished The Harbinger, Apollyon Rising 2012 and just started Petrus Romanus by Tom Horn and Cris Putnam. It is a well researched book and very interesting and timely with recent headlines out of Rome.

Comment

• Ok, just finished the chasing eden series somebody suggested in here. Anybody else got a good series they know of. I have read Joel Rosenbergs series, waiting for the next book to come out. Thanks!

Comment

• Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide. What a thriller!! Can't wait to see how this one ends!!
            John 13:35
            By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

Comment

• I'm reading the Heirs of Acadia series by T. Davis Bunn. I've also got some books from the library by Beverly Lewis.
              Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

• Originally posted by Tall Timbers View Post
                I'm reading the Heirs of Acadia series by T. Davis Bunn. I've also got some books from the library by Beverly Lewis.
                I liked those. It's been awhile since I've read them.
                Isaiah 26:3 You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.

Comment

• Originally posted by outside60 View Post
                  Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide. What a thriller!! Can't wait to see how this one ends!!
                  Call me crazy but that sounds interesting! My friends and I discovered that our university library carries as many networking, AI, development, etc. books you'd ever want to read, which I suppose we assumed but we just never went. They tagged along one day while I checked out a book and in no time at all an hour had passed and we'd all found something to read from the computer section. I became positively giddy when I found a book I'd heard of before all about the TCP/IP stack.

Anyway, I finished Atlas Shrugged in October of 2011 and I haven't read much up until a week or two ago when I started reading The Hobbit (my friends told me to read it before The Lord of the Rings). I'm almost finished with it (it's been really good so far).

Comment

• I'm reading "Rapture Ready Anything Goes thread, What are you currently reading"

14 pages

Oh, too literal?

Sorry.
                    There is One King, and He is not this guy. sigpic

Comment

• Just finished John and so am getting ready to read John's Story by LaHaye and Jenkins.

Also reading through Jeremiah. Came across a wonderful passage in there part of which is "38 And they shall be my people, and I will be their God. 39 I will give them one heart and one way, that they may fear me forever, for their own good and the good of their children after them. 40 I will make with them an everlasting covenant, that I will not turn away from doing good to them. And I will put the fear of me in their hearts, that they may not turn from me. 41 I will rejoice in doing them good, and I will plant them in this land in faithfulness, with all my heart and all my soul." (32:38-40)
                      Isaiah 26:3 You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.

Comment

• For English 2 summer reading I am getting a head start and reading into thin air by John krauker. Good book, don't like some of the language in it.
                        The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all. Amen. (Revelation 22:21) ESV

Dispatcher from the new teenage generation

Comment

• Originally posted by clemson View Post
                          For English 2 summer reading I am getting a head start and reading into thin air by John krauker. Good book, don't like some of the language in it.
                          If you like Into Thin Air, I would also recommend Mawson's Will by Leonard Bickel...if you can find a copy.

Let's see...my wife read The Harbinger and told me I had to read it...so I did and just finished it. A good book, though it did raise some questions with me. I'm getting ready to start Decision in Philadelphia, dealing with the Constitutional Convention in the summer of 1787. In the Scriptures, I'm reading the Psalms. It used to bore me to "plow" through, but the praises grab me now more than they ever have.
                          Matt. 7:21
                          2 Cor. 5:21

Comment

• Anybody reading "The Final Pope is Here: Petrus Romanus" by Tom Horn & Cris Putnam?

Eye opening to say the least--my worldview about a lot of things have been shaken.
                            John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

John 11:25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die.

Romans 10:9 If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Comment

• Originally posted by Florian9 View Post
                              Anybody reading "The Final Pope is Here: Petrus Romanus" by Tom Horn & Cris Putnam?

Eye opening to say the least--my worldview about a lot of things have been shaken.
                              I haven't read it, but I thought this portion of an Amazon Book Reviewer's comment was interesting:

"The glaring 'achilles heel', in 'Petrus Romanos' is, to me twofold: (1. all the 'prophetic eggs' for the book stem from an extra-biblical 'prophecy' or 'vision' which is, at the very least questionable, made by an Iris Catholic monk over 800 years ago! From my viewpoint, the authors spend WAY too much time and effort attempting to validate this 'prophecy' (which as I mentioned may be little more than apocryphal 'folklore') in an attempt to give some weight and merit to their book." - Amazon Book Reviewer

Comment

• So help me God

A hardcover book--
                                This book "So help me God" by Roy Moore covers the gamit from his salvation on page 1o to his 1st date,marriage,lotsa pictures of his youth,parent dying and of course an in depth detailed account of what really happenned during his battle with the 10 Commandments and having it sit by itself for all to see and ponder.

Here are some quotes from the book:

When the acknowledgement of God is removed from public life,life itself is not defined as a gift of God,but it begins when the government says it does.

Since man,s law must be based on God,s law,it cannot contradict God,s law.

I have lived a long time (Ben Franklin) and the longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth that God governs in the affairs of men,and if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice,is is probable that an empire can rise without His aid??

God is not finished with our country yet,the United States was a special nation founded on the laws of God,and not just any God.We were not founded on the faith of buddah,or the hindu faith or the faith of Islam,but on the faith of Jesus Christ.

A just law( Dr.King) is a man made code that squares with the moral law or the law of God.

They are saying you can acknowledge God only so long as you do it in the manner in which the federal courts say that it can be done.

If the 10 Commandments are removed it will be because they are "too religious,but if they are permitted to stay it will be because they are "historical"and have little or no religious value.You can never reach the right result when you start from the wrong premise.

The irony of this battle is that Roy Moore declaired the 10 Commandments to be special and not to be surrounded by other distracting historical documents.The government was saying in effect worship God is ok but add him to the other things we worship not set apart as this brave believer did.Many other displays of God are allowed by the government and the aclu because they mix spiritual with secular--this is dead wrong.

This man is today an active speaker on tour in churches and crowds and has founded "The foundation of moral Law"that can be found on facebook and on the net

Comment

Working...
                                X