What are you currently reading?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you currently reading?

I am reading John Adams by David McCullough. It is a very good read so far. In the bible I am reading Psalms and Galatians. What is everyone else reading?
    John 13:35
    By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

Books

Wyatt Earp's Tombstone Vendetta by Glen G Boyer

A book written by someone who was close to wyatt, friends and family.
    Suposedly " as close to the truth as you can get". Almost a reflection to
    a long ago time. Great read for your history buff.

Comment

"If God is Good" by Randy Alcorn.

Comment

Footsteps of the Messiah...........still

Comment

If God is Good by Randy Alcorn. It's very interesting. People say that they can't believe that God is good if He is all powerful and yet He allows bad things to happen to good people. Conversely, they say that God can't be all powerful if He is truly is good. Either He is uncaring or He's powerless to stop evil. As this book points out though, those who don't believe in God have no answer for evil either. F'rinstance, how can you even discern evil from good if there is no God Who sets absolute standards? How do you know something is evil. Is it evil because it hurts you? Is something good because it makes you happy? So, what if I do something that hurts you, but makes me happy? What is the unbeliever's benchmark for good and for evil?... And so much more.

Pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:17

A closed mouth gathers no feet. Unknown

Inside there's a thin woman trying to get out.
          I'm keeping her sedated with chocolate

Comment

I'm reading two things at once:

One Minute After You Die

Star Wars: Tempest

The two are total polar opposites.

Comment

I am now reading "Welcome To The World Baby Girl" by Fannie Flagg

I started reading her books this year, they are so funny!! I have one more after this one and then I will have read them all. She has a new one coming out this Fall.

Alot of her characters are recurring and I love them. I feel like I know them! Her books are usually set in the 1940'a or 1950's or they are flashbacking to those decades, after her characters have died off. Fannie Flagg wrote "Fried Green Tomatoes" which was made into a movie with Kathy Bates and Jessica Tandy. After I read that book this year, the movie just happened to come on TV and I never saw it and I loved it. It is rare that I like a movie after reading the book. I don't watch movies hardly at all anyway, too much CC reading.

I have been watching the old gameshow "Match Game" and I look at Fannie differently now that I know how talented she would become as a writer.

Has anyone else read her books?
              sigpic

Is Jesus your co-pilot? If so, then you better switch seats!

Comment

I've just started the "Left Behind" series ... can't believe I've never read those before.

I am not my own, I've surrendered to You, Lord.
                I am not of this world, Heaven is my home.
                - Chelsie Boyd (written by Jesse Shuster)

Please visit my friend Chelsie's site and listen to her beautiful Christian music: http://www.chelsieboyd.com/

Comment

Originally posted by HugsFromJesus View Post
                  I am now reading "Welcome To The World Baby Girl" by Fannie Flagg

I started reading her books this year, they are so funny!! I have one more after this one and then I will have read them all. She has a new one coming out this Fall.

Alot of her characters are recurring and I love them. I feel like I know them! Her books are usually set in the 1940'a or 1950's or they are flashbacking to those decades, after her characters have died off. Fannie Flagg wrote "Fried Green Tomatoes" which was made into a movie with Kathy Bates and Jessica Tandy. After I read that book this year, the movie just happened to come on TV and I never saw it and I loved it. It is rare that I like a movie after reading the book. I don't watch movies hardly at all anyway, too much CC reading.

I have been watching the old gameshow "Match Game" and I look at Fannie differently now that I know how talented she would become as a writer.

Has anyone else read her books?
                  I have never read her books but was wondering if that was the same person on The Match Game. Now I know.
                  By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

Comment

Originally posted by NewWorldOrder View Post
                    I'm reading two things at once:

One Minute After You Die

Star Wars: Tempest

The two are total polar opposites.
                    GREAT BOOK!

I am reading a book about heaven by John MacArthur. So far, very good.

Comment

Originally posted by John H Eden View Post
                      Wyatt Earp's Tombstone Vendetta by Glen G Boyer

A book written by someone who was close to wyatt, friends and family.
                      Suposedly " as close to the truth as you can get". Almost a reflection to
                      a long ago time. Great read for your history buff.
                      Sounds interesting, I will put it on my list.

Comment

Kaitlyn, I am so surprised that you have never read the "Left Behind" series when you have said that your family has always loved Bible prophecy and that you grew up with it. But, then I remembered that when most of these books came out you were very very young.

I hope you enjoy them. Has anyone else in your family read them?
                        sigpic

Is Jesus your co-pilot? If so, then you better switch seats!

Comment

I,m reading a bio on Fanny Crosby.

Comment

II Chronicles and a book on coaching soccer.
                            Tall Timbers, Imperfect but forgiven

3 trees

Comment

Originally posted by HugsFromJesus View Post
                              Kaitlyn, I am so surprised that you have never read the "Left Behind" series when you have said that your family has always loved Bible prophecy and that you grew up with it. But, then I remembered that when most of these books came out you were very very young.

I hope you enjoy them. Has anyone else in your family read them?
                              I haven't read them either...I guess I should.

Comment

Working...
                              X