This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celebrate Halloween?

Who puts out a Jack o latern and hanging halloween figures?

If you do, does it make you a devil worshiper?

Umm, I have a neat jack o latern and a couple ghosts in my yard. So be gentle!

Comment

• popcorn for now

but if you want an honest scriptural opinion i say shun it

its occult

its worldly

Its non scriptural

witches and satanists love it

so I choose not to take part in something they and the world love

its the one choice for me thats easy, we all struggle with the old man
      but this is one of those ''choose who's team your on'' issue for me

WJCH--would Jesus celebrate Halloween?

I do not think so and so i choose to follow him

Comment

• Personally, no. Neither Dh or I do, and we don't decorate our classrooms in school.

I think it depends upon what you sense in your spirit. For us, it was wrong. Other people may not have that check.

Murph
        Last edited by MurphtheSquirt; October 17th, 2007, 07:38 PM. Reason: clarification

Comment

• we don't either.
          after i learned the significance of even the tiniest things (jack o lanterns, bobbing for apples, trick or treating, etc) i could no longer do these things. when i was ignorant to the realities, it was different. but once my eyes were opened, i could not choose to go back to celebrating a day that is high on the wiccan calendar of holidays and has no redeeming value. most people don't understand why...some people don't want to know the reason why (some because they want to insist its just all innocent fun--but once you know the background, can it any longer be innocent?)...

no, i don't think celebrating halloween makes you a devil worshipper...but if someone knows the truth and refuses to acknowledge it because they want to continue to let their kids have 'fun'....well....i dunno. it sort of becomes almost idolatry to me. i don't want to do things to fit in with society...i want to do things that honor God, and if i can't see any honor in them, then i don't bother doing them.

Comment

• oh
            and i agree with what tom roberts said.
            he summed it up quite nicely.

Comment

• Wow Tygerkitten! I am impressed!

Comment

• Paganism is very alive.

For example:

The US Army Chaplain's manual includes wicca
                The VA is now allowing pentagrams on the head stones of fallen soldiers who practiced paganism while alive.
                The state of Wisconsin hired a wiccan priestess a few years ago as a prison chaplain.
                paganpaths is an mIRC channel and is kind of popular
                witchvox.com has thousands of members with profiles. You can search for adult pagans, teen pagans and pagan groups.
                Paranormal things are increasing. Ghost hunting shows and pshycic shows are becoming more and more popular with more coming on the air.

There's more......but you all get the idea.

I once ran with that crowd.....and I'm very glad I returned to the Truth of Jesus...and I do pray for people who are in the crowd who I know that they'll see the truth and run from the occult.

Comment

• Yep, better believe it and beware...

Comment

• Oh yes its alive and thriving!! Not for long though

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankBeMe View Post
                      witchvox.com has thousands of members with profiles. You can search for adult pagans, teen pagans and pagan groups.
                      Paranormal things are increasing.

I check this sight monthly. I some of my daughters at school friends are children of "white" witches, so I keep myself informed on their group's activities. It's a very good, user friendly site.

Comment

• I agree with all the posters above; we just avoid it.... It doesn't sit right with me..

Ask God what He thinks.... He'll lead you down the path you should go.

Comment

• Originally posted by tom_roberts View Post
                          popcorn for now

but if you want an honest scriptural opinion i say shun it

its occult

its worldly

Its non scriptural

witches and satanists love it

so I choose not to take part in something they and the world love

its the one choice for me thats easy, we all struggle with the old man
                          but this is one of those ''choose who's team your on'' issue for me

WJCH--would Jesus celebrate Halloween?

I do not think so and so i choose to follow him

Great simple explaination...my thoughts exactly

Comment

• Originally posted by KitsapGirl View Post
                            Great simple explaination...my thoughts exactly

DDDDDDDDitto!
                            We presume that we would be ready for battle if confronted with a great crisis, but it is not the crisis that builds something within us—it simply reveals what we are made of already. -Oswald Chambers

Comment

• We had a neighbor who handed out Bible Tracks on Halloween I thought it a great Idea, Our old church has a Harvest night for the neighborhood. Here in our new town the churches get together for a " Trunk or Treat" night, everyone parks in the church parking lot and opens the trunk, gets out chairs and visits the children go by each car and get candy, no witches, devils etc. not many costumes really. This is better for me since my child does not feel left out and I feel good being at a church with sisters and brothers and there is alot of fellowship flying around and worship music too. And prayers ofcourse !!!

Comment

• here's a thought provoking article by john ankerberg.

http://www.ankerberg.com/Articles/pr...y/PC1002W1.htm

Comment

Working...
                                X