This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all Christians....

The moderating and administrative team has in recent days been discussing the state of the boards. We feel that the topics lately have been straying too far from the purpose of the boards which is to give glory to the Lord in all things We are certainly not pointing the finger at anyone as we too have participated in off-topic threads. But we feel that considering the late hour we're in and the fact that secular web sites are now more frequently linking to our threads and posting our messages on their boards that we need to redouble our efforts of getting the Lord's message out. There is no such thing as a private conversation on these boards, everything we say here is seen by hundreds of people out there that we may never even know about. We may very well be approached by complete strangers in Heaven who inform us that some small comment we made on one of our forums was what finally brought them to Christ

So, this is a call to us all to remember to give the glory to God in our threads, posts and replies here. And we also ask for patience and prayers for the moderating team as we strive to keep things on track here to present a positive witnessing message to the outside world

Thank you and God bless!

PS, these are the goals that Todd has posted under "Rules & Doctrinal Statements":

Rapture Ready Message Board Mission Statement

These are the simple goals that the board wishes to achieve:

• Providing a forum for Christians to gather under one fellowship.
    • Strengthening believers in evangelism, discipleship, and edification for personal growth.
    • Promoting awareness within the Christian community of current world events; predicted in scripture; of Bible prophecy.
    • Providing news & websites voicing politics from a Christian perspective.
    • Providing websites & discussions exposing deceptive cults, apostasy, heresy, false doctrine, and false teachings.

Thank you for the reminder.
    Point well made and well taken.

Comment

bump

Comment

Tres thanks for the reminder.

Comment

i agree. i have been witnessing to an agnostic that saw some post on fstdt and he became curious about rr. he was very nice and asked good questions. i hope i let the Holy spirit speak through me and not of myself. this shows though that we are being watched. i hope my post bring glory to God. i know sometimes i can be a little dopey. maranatha!!

Comment

Duly noted, thank you.

Comment

Maybe its just been a couple silly- stressful- distracted weeks.

Vacations are good, but then it is back to work - a good thing too.

Thanks for the reminders.

This BB is very similar to parenting; They are watching your every move.
              It's ALL about Jesus. The Son of God - Emanuel - The Mighty God - Our Salvation.

John 1:1-3 NKJV --- Luke 22:42 NKJV --Romans 3:23 NKJV, Rom 5:8 NKJV, Rom 8:28 NKJV, Rom 8:31 NKJV, Rom8:38-39 NKJV, ---Titus 1:2 NKJV - Heb 6:18 NKJV --- John 14:6 NKJV --- 1 John 5:13 NKJV --- Acts 16:29-31 NKJV ... John 6:28-29 NKJV... 1John 2:22 NKJV... Heb 10:11-13 NKJV

“Oh Look,... an Atheist........I Don't believe it....”
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks Tres for the reminder as I've let my emotions get in the way a lot of times, when something the POTUS has done is being discussed. More like my at what he's allowing to happen. for reminding me, as I forget about others from secular sites popping in to see what's being said here.

Comment

Moderators: Thank you for all you do. I know I've definitely participated in less than ideal banter on this board at times and for that I will take responsibility. I will do my very best to avoid this in the future.

May the Lord continue to be glorified and may His word go forth, plant good seed, and produce much fruit!

Comment

/ / / /

May we all strive to be faithful witnesses of Jesus unto the world!

Comment

Then maybe a clarification regarding the topics that can be discussed under "Anything Goes" may be in order?

Anything Goes Any topic under the sun, and under our rules.

http://www.rr-bb.com/showthread.php?t=2

I'm finding more and more the Anything Goes thread is coming down to only topics of no redeeming value regarding the mission statement:

These are the simple goals that the board wishes to achieve:

• Providing a forum for Christians to gather under one fellowship.
                      • Strengthening believers in evangelism, discipleship, and edification for personal growth.
                      • Promoting awareness within the Christian community of current world events; predicted in scripture; of Bible prophecy.
                      • Providing news & websites voicing politics from a Christian perspective.
                      • Providing websites & discussions exposing deceptive cults, apostasy, heresy, false doctrine, and false teachings.
                      People use this avenue when the topic they wish to post doesn't fall into any other category.

I could be totally out of line with this, but this is what I've observed . . . .
                      The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against his anointed, Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.

He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh:

Psalms 2:2-4a

Comment

I agree, but also I am concerned over things I've noticed just since joining in Nov. 08. We can't even discuss a celebrity death without the thread turning vicious and being closed and further mention even of the person's name being banned. But over on Rapture Forum the same topic is still open with the MOD who closed ours posting. . Did we (not all of us) really make that bad of a mess of it? I did attempt to interject something positive with a thread not directly about the person, but it garnered little response and a curt last post. But in the end, a prayer was said (not the alter call I had wished to see, but still). However, I decided not to even post an update. Its like why bother at that point.....

Then I don't know if anyone has noticed, but there are a lot of "personal call-out threads". Things that members should PM each other about. And I too am guilty of this when I posted a thread asking where a former MOD was, but in noticing now how often threads addressed to specific members appear, I am conscious as to avoid that now. And at one time, I believe a MOD did address the matter advising members that such discussion or questions should be PM'd, but it has gotten out of hand again.

And if you look at some of the thread post counts, you'll see where so much of the interest lies. It's like we are all over the place...... So I ask, what are we doing wrong? And what do we need to do to get this board back to a high quality Rapture Ready site filled with witnessing, edifying, non-vicious attacks, excitement and truly a demonstration of our love for the Lord, contending for the faith, and watching expectantly for the Rapture. While also expressing our opinions, sharing our lives and having fun.

Comment

so Plants vs Zombies is no good?
                          "without Jesus my life on earth would be like listening to a neverending Fleetwood Mac song" BB

Comment

Originally posted by BigBunny View Post
                            so Plants vs Zombies is no good?
                            Perhaps it is a question of keeping things in the appropriate forums. There is a place for good clean fun.
                            Discernment is not knowing the difference between right and wrong. It is knowing the difference between right and almost right. - Charles H. Spurgeon

Comment

Amen, i couldnt agree more. I love this site, but i truly wish it would focus more on glorfiying the Lord than glorifying man. as you say we are being watched and unfortunately some of the post are being used as a bashing tool against christains. it truly hurts me to see how many of these posts are being put on other sites for ridicule. we are representing Christ, i pray that we all pray before we post, for his sake.

Comment

Working...
                              X